Question

Definitely the best way to base out.
I usually do this. - As should we all. :huh:

I also try to put my ledgers on clips, as they are the strongest fitting and tie beams together with rope as rope is more sturdy then a steel fitting.

Leaving all my fittings loose makes striking a job easier also, especially the braces, as who cares if a job is straight?

Give G-Scaff a break guys, he obviously knows his stuff and shows his vast knowledge of Scaffolding with the above post... :suspicious:

I'm detecting a very small hint of sarcasm in your post, Jason....

Jason
Get with the times mate. Fittings ? Pish !
You should be joining your tubes with string ! Box tied mate that's the way to go ! ;)

In base then out on every other unless deesigned.

from 2nd lift upwards, level to the black line (slightly pulled in too much) the push back out with the tranny acts as a pressure tie on itself!

Yes I was taught this too, very good technique on towers to keep it pressed in :bigsmile:

Or as you do your clip up, have your bolt facing inwards - towards you and lift the spare out of the clip, as you do it up.

You'll notice that as it straightens up and tightens around your tranny, it'll automatically push into the wall your butting against. :cool:

Yeah, but which sock do you put on first in the morning the left or right?:cool:

Sorry, I forgot about the south shields division.:eek:

Like wise base lift in all the others out, helps to hold the base lift nice a steady

Now if you had said that 3 years ago before i moved to Landaaaaaaaan (When streets were paved with gold, where money grows on trees, where women suck you off if you ask for directions) I would have said ''Shat Ap'' but lots of these southern sausages I have met Phil just seem to work to anything opposite to the freestyling rules provided by the NASC which seem to mean ''Do whatever the fuc.k you want to do unless you get caught'' :laugh:

Maybe, but I bet you look a right dork.:cool::D

Base in rest owt. Makes.it easier for when they call you up and want other lifts
boarding and hrailing no fooking about changing braces for the toeboards

works for me, and you can count on one hand the jobs that have fell over

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 PM ----------

Yeah it would look great with 21's.

now i think your taking the p+ss, always put them in on gkn then started working with lads from sgb who did them out. seems to have stuck, sorry if any of you scaffold gods are upset by this method of working

The main reason for bracing out as pointed out by some, is your bracing to the main load area, IE; materials should always be stored on the (outside) of the working platform not the inside.

Good question and good luck.

An Independent Scaffold free standing it doesn't matter a monkeys f.uck which way the ledger braces go.
A Tied non-Independent scaffold it still doesn't matter if your ledger braces face in or out what does matter is that you put in your aberdeen transoms or use your ties on your braced standards (or on both ledgers close to the braced pair of standards) to stop the legs spreading:love::love:

I usually have my ledger bracing facing out on the 1st lift as that is where any load will be placed and it won't cause a trip hazard if I don't have the correct length tubes for my ledger bracing, and all the following lifts obviously for clearance for the kickboards.

Some people seem to have forgotten the word "Independent"

Show me an engineer that insists on 1st lift ledger bracing facing in and only facing in.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Obviously I'm talking tube and fitting not any readylok, dog-bones, double arms or whatever else you like to call them.

An Independent Scaffold free standing it doesn't matter a monkeys f.uck which way the ledger braces go.
A Tied non-Independent scaffold it still doesn't matter if your ledger braces face in or out what does matter is that you put in your aberdeen transoms or use your ties on your braced standards (or on both ledgers close to the braced pair of standards) to stop the legs spreading:love::love:

I usually have my ledger bracing facing out on the 1st lift as that is where any load will be placed and it won't cause a trip hazard if I don't have the correct length tubes for my ledger bracing, and all the following lifts obviously for clearance for the kickboards.

Some people seem to have forgotten the word "Independent"

Show me an engineer that insists on 1st lift ledger bracing facing in and only facing in.

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:52 PM ----------

Obviously I'm talking tube and fitting not any readylok, dog-bones, double arms or whatever else you like to call them.

there is 2 of us out there:rolleyes:

Was taught on my course & by every other Scaff I've worked with, first brace always in as it pulls the structure into the building.

Top Bottom