Question

Hope you got these replies in time, Gaz, so you got your beauty sleep - or were you out fishing and they aint biting? :p

I wish I was out fishing! but fishing dont pay the bills unfortunately. Ive been going to sleep every night for 29 years and still havnt got any more beautiful lol. Seems to have gone the other way round :cry:

First lift in, then out, then in, then out thats what it's all about.
I always refer to them as "Doglegs"

\
/
\
/

The first dogleg is put to the ground at the bottom.The bottom of the second dogleg is braced by the top of the first dogleg.Through the standard

It makes for a more solid job if you can butt the transom adjacent to the doglegs into the building and ease the scaffold away from the wall a tad

That's how I was taught Rigger
Thank you. Im not on my own in my thinking ! phew :)

im like most you lot , first lift in, rest out, but i think some scaffolders always brace to the weight , so if building site for example some scaffs will brace from the load IE out over .

Everyone always do their top lift out though yea? Even if the job is dogleged and the lift below the top goes out? If that makes some sence?

Gaz "Everyone always do their top lift out though yea? "

No not me, if the number of lifts dictates, it goes in

Why would you go out on top lift ?

Duno, just somthing i was taught years back.

---------- Post added at 06:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

im not sure why lol. doesnt really matter to me because i do my first lift in and all the rest out anyway.

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 AM ----------

but some advice here is convincing me to 'dogleg it' from now on.

Got to be honest and say it just depends how I'm feeling that day or how I feel best suits the job in question. Most jobs we do are dog leged going in at the base, others I feel are better braced all in to the building depending on tie pattern and where I feel the load is going to come from.

I have heard a load of nonsense talked about this in the past with even they all should be in to drain rain water away from the facade of a new build, a load of old tosh if you ask me.

I have heard this years ago AOM and i think it was when we used "Black" (rusty) tube as rusty water wouldn't run down the building , dont know how much truth there was in it

In base then out on every other unless deesigned.

from 2nd lift upwards, level to the black line (slightly pulled in too much) the push back out with the tranny acts as a pressure tie on itself!

out all the way up, especially the base, then you can use any length tube and still looks neat

" gaz -
Everyone always do their top lift out though yea? Even if the job is dogleged and the lift below the top goes out? If that makes some sence?"

No mate I don't

out all the way up, especially the base, then you can use any length tube and still looks neat

Definitely the best way to base out.
I usually do this. - As should we all. :huh:

I also try to put my ledgers on clips, as they are the strongest fitting and tie beams together with rope as rope is more sturdy then a steel fitting.

Leaving all my fittings loose makes striking a job easier also, especially the braces, as who cares if a job is straight?

Give G-Scaff a break guys, he obviously knows his stuff and shows his vast knowledge of Scaffolding with the above post... :suspicious:

Top Bottom