Question

Gaz

Reaction score
Had to get this one out there or I wouldnt have been able to sleep (sad c##t or what)
Anyways I've seen this been done both ways and was wondering if there is an official correct way or if it doesn't realy matter.

When you have based out and the first lift is a working lift would you put your dogleg braces facing in or out? I've been taught and always done mine facing in (and all the other lifts facing out) because I like to think they act as a mini buttress (exept on loading bays) I've worked at a company recently and the lads always put them facing out no matter what lift it was.

Cheers.

SBG, first lift in all others out because ledger to ledger brace with hooks ( fuks the toe board up other way )

first lift in all others can be either all in or all out or dog leged with swivs depending on design

as the actress said to the bishop better in that out LOL :eek:

As the Phil has said,in then out all the way up....It aint the hokey cokey (in.out,in ,out).

Hope you got these replies in time, Gaz, so you got your beauty sleep - or were you out fishing and they aint biting? :p

Braced in on baselift when transoms butting structure out on other lifts if working lifts {makes it easier for for opertives to work to the buildings elevations and ensures braces are at node points instead of being a foot plus up the standard if done the other way } if not working lifts dog leg all the up.

1st lift facing in then dogleg. Unless working lift then facing out. Was how I was taught and I'm sticking to it !!! lol

1st lift in, all the rest out, unless none working then dogleg or out or depending on design.

PS. it looks a dam site neater and the way i was taught.

SBG, first lift in all others out because ledger to ledger brace with hooks ( fuks the toe board up other way )

first lift in all others can be either all in or all out or dog leged with swivs depending on design

as the actress said to the bishop better in that out LOL :eek:

Like wise base lift in all the others out, helps to hold the base lift nice a steady

As the Phil has said,in then out all the way up....It aint the hokey cokey (in.out,in ,out).

1st lift in, all the rest out, unless none working then dogleg or out or depending on design.

PS. it looks a dam site neater and the way i was taught.

Correct-a-mundo.

This IS the best and only practical way to base out, imo.
It also pushes the 1st and least stable lift back into the building.

As the 1st brace, outside to inside first hits the ground, it adds extra strength and stability to the job. :)

Thanks for the comments. Good to know I was right all along (after being told I wasn't)

Double arms are good but measured to have a toeboard either side of the platform, so you end up with abit of a gap if you dont. I like my boards to fit nice and snug. But still, doublearms are handy for speed.

I've worked with some old boys that do 1st in and rest out
Is this what they are teaching in the training centres now ? Simian ?
We were taught it was best to dogleg so you were bracing against a braced standard

I was taught Base lift in, the rest out. Free standing scaffold, in and out both ends of the lifts. Done some blocks where had to come off the top hand rail to inside leger, all the way up.

1st in and rest out.

Although i dont think it really matters as long as the braces are in!

Double arms? Again really? Ledger bracing or not?????

Zotsy in dont matter whats so ever to the rigidity of the scaffold as long as the correct number of standards are braced , i have do them all sorts of ways for designs , but when no design first lift in and the rest out , swivel a spanners height from board nice neat job :)

It's just how we were taught at college. I've seen them all ways including missing completely.
I'll bow down to you guys with the superior knowledge and experience.
I shall amend my method of erection :)

yes i would brace 1st lift in, went on tg20:08 course and they didnt care if it was in or out as you would have to put ties in ratio of lifts.

Top Bottom