Pricing Jobs

goulda

Reaction score
Just a tentative inquiry

can anyone tell me when pricing a standard independent scaffold 3 lifts with top lift boarded for re-roof or solar panels etc. is £6 a square metre (£54 a square) a reasonable price. Most of the work will be in a 25 mile radius of our base.
For example a house 10 metres x 8 metres and 5 metres high = £3,240

Not by a long chalk matey, that is miles short.

How are you doing your sums?

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

I get 10m x 5m @ £6 per meter square = £600 back and front

Goulda,

If you have a house getting solar panels fitted (for arguements sake)

Say 8m long x 3lifts high front 8m long x 3 lifts high rear

16m x 3 = 48 lin m

Say £15-20/ lin m

£720 - £960

Obviously different areas vary pricewise so you will have to tweak your price to your local level

What's wrong with Feet and inches ?!!
Hate the metric system, bloody French ! :D

Dass when ya mesure up i take it its all/most of the time squared rather than cubed? Lenght x hight as aposed to length x hight x with. Unless birdcage etc ??????

So do I allan but it's a nightmare measuring for gear in feet and inches yet for price in metric. I have done it that long I reckon I would struggle doing it any other way now.

we did a job yesterday and it worked out at 88 linear metres and boss has charged £2,000 up and down, it will take 5 man days to erect and dismantle we get £120 a day(max 7 1/2 hours a day) so as you see sounds like a good earner once you get a bit of gear and the work (I already have yard and a lorry and am looking to start up myself

Start adding the price of insurance and all the other expenses and see how it looks. £6 per meter squared is too cheap and it doesn't work out the way you say so better check the figures first.

we did a job yesterday and it worked out at 88 linear metres and boss has charged £2,000 up and down, it will take 5 man days to erect and dismantle we get £120 a day(max 7 1/2 hours a day) so as you see sounds like a good earner once you get a bit of gear and the work (I already have yard and a lorry and am looking to start up myself

You'd be very lucky to get anywhere near two grand for 88m,in my neck of the woods,try halfing it:(

u ent got a clue.... lol phone rings roofer wants a quote 3 side of a standard semi re-roof + u justed started ent got no work on how much would you go down thir and do it for... quick how much??? :)

reading some of these comments on here bout blokes wantin to start up dont look like thir be starting jack s hit..

Might be a tad tough, I knew feck all till someone told me and we all have to start somewhere.

Ok so you mean to tell me that onone on here can give me a rough price to erect 3sides of a standard size semi, for the purpose of re-roofing....???

Practically anyone can, it's not rocket science but the walls have ears.;)

Top Bottom