Part 2 Not allowed to do Pull test !

joebag

Reaction score
As the title says if your a Scaffolder doing your part 2 at a Simian risk training Centre,unless you pay for a seperate course say hydrojaws,you are not allowed to go out and pull test your own ties,hence you then are basically not allowed to build any independant over 4m because you cant test your own ties,rakers and butresses understood but you get my point!

These cash cow moneymaking "Training Providers" should be made to tell or forced to provide hydrojaws training as they are sending so many Scaffs out of their Centres with the knowledge they can build what their card shows,yet if a job came down and you tested your own ties the HSE could prosecute you as you have not been trained to do so !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got to admit joebag you write some waffle. All cisrs centres are the same and you can build a scaffold as high as your company wants and every time you use a masonry anchor you need to test a ratio. Anyone testing a tie needs to be trained to do so. Anyone installing a tie needs to be trained to do so. Cisrs states part 1 and 2 trained to install, advanced and supervisor install and pull test.

Ian

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Next If a job came down we would expect it to be handed over by a qualified scaffolder, a trained pull tester if anchors were installed and a trained inspector suitable to the complexity of the job.

Ian

So it's only the recently ticketed advance lads who have this cert.as i have said in another thread,i did'nt do this on the advanced course,but did on the supervisers,anyone know what date this started being included on the advance?just so i know which of the advance lads can legally perform a pull test:wondering:

i supose its not the centres fault on this 1 joe its more cisrs, having said that this then means no part 2 can erect a job over 2 lifts on their own with out an advances or supervisor coming on to the job and 90% of the time there isnt an advanced in the gang so unless for what ever reason the part 2 has got his pull test training ticket your limited to 16ft jobs, why is it that you only do it on advanced/supervisors course when you can put a job up as a basic scaffolder surley this needs looked at by cisrs simian what do you think?

So it's only the recently ticketed advance lads who have this cert.as i have said in another thread,i did'nt do this on the advanced course,but did on the supervisers,anyone know what date this started being included on the advance?just so i know which of the advance lads can legally perform a pull test:wondering:

or legaly put up a job up over 16ft :laugh:

As said by swifty in another thread the office girl could do the pull test if she was trained

i supose its not the centres fault on this 1 joe its more cisrs, having said that this then means no part 2 can erect a job over 2 lifts on their own with out an advances or supervisor coming on to the job and 90% of the time there isnt an advanced in the gang so unless for what ever reason the part 2 has got his pull test training ticket your limited to 16ft jobs, why is it that you only do it on advanced/supervisors course when you can put a job up as a basic scaffolder surley this needs looked at by cisrs simian what do you think?

If you are installing anchors and trained to test them you can build a job to the moon

This only applies to ties such as hilti rings right? How would you test a buttress for example? Or your basic ties like through and boxes? Can basic scaffolders use this without fear of retribution?

The guys at hilti and hydrajaws probably have never turned a spanner but the do the tests

wheres the responsibility though mate,these are all taking cash of us when it suits yet pull em on this and its csrs fault,fuk off im not having it,say i waffle all you like simian but i know part 2 lads everywhere do not know this,and you have know it for years yet you replies of "back in 96"just goes to show you take the cash and wipe your hands of any responsibility,Pathetic !

This only applies to ties such as hilti rings right? How would you test a buttress for example? Or your basic ties like through and boxes? Can basic scaffolders use this without fear of retribution?

Masonry anchors only, and no issue on your last question

Let's have a poll anyway on this if anyone can do this on here, what percentage of scaffold companies pull test anyway.

Do a pull test on a cornish wall & it will fall over :eek::eek:

Ragscaff

If you are installing anchors and trained to test them you can build a job to the moon

so you can with a design i presume lol, but as a basic scaffolder your are quallified to erect basic jobs unsupervised (with out the need for a supervisor or advanced scaff to pull test)but in reallity you can not unless you have been trained to pull test shurly this need to be placed in to the part 2 course i mean training not examples of it needs to be placed in the part 2 course do you think that is a faifr coment or do you think that part 2 scaff should have to go on another course?

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

Let's have a poll anyway on this if anyone can do this on here, what percentage of scaffold companies pull test anyway.

thats not the point marra and you will know the answer to that but how many scaffolding companies have some 1 with a test cert for pull testing ties??? that will give us a better indication of the use of pull testers uses legally

please answer this question do you feel that the pull test training should be incoraprated in to the part2 course and if so why and if not why not ?

Did i just read that right,the owner of simian risk stating

"lets do a poll,how many companies pull test anyway"

as if thats the answer,why not fuk cliping to an inertia reel off cos it doesnt happen a lot anyway,are you for real!

if the people that provide the training are coming out with answers like this,we are all fuked !

so you can with a design i presume lol, but as a basic scaffolder your are quallified to erect basic jobs unsupervised (with out the need for a supervisor or advanced scaff to pull test)but in reallity you can not unless you have been trained to pull test shurly this need to be placed in to the part 2 course i mean training not examples of it needs to be placed in the part 2 course do you think that is a faifr coment or do you think that part 2 scaff should have to go on another course?

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:14 PM ----------

thats not the point marra and you will know the answer to that but how many scaffolding companies have some 1 with a test cert for pull testing ties??? that will give us a better indication of the use of pull testers uses legally

please answer this question do you feel that the pull test training should be incoraprated in to the part2 course and if so why and if not why not ?

To clear this up there has never to my knowledge been any practical pull testing on any scaffolding courses until the last year. Anyone who had been trained in pull testing had been trained by consultants, hydrajaws or hilti. It has always been on the courses for theory though.

---------- Post added at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Did i just read that right,the owner of simian risk stating

"lets do a poll,how many companies pull test anyway"

as if thats the answer,why not fuk cliping to an inertia reel off cos it doesnt happen a lot anyway,are you for real!

if the people that provide the training are coming out with answers like this,we are all fuked !

Easy one for me this the amount of jobs my inspectors close or stop people working on tells me 40% of jobs don't have pull tests done. Fact

Top Bottom