On my own 😥

Aom,Ken was running scaff inspection courses at Erith a few years ago. May well be on hse now.

The course is just to show you the basic correct procedures and methods. You have to make your own adjustments in the real world.
If its any help when I did mine the instructor was a guy I had worked offshore with. We spent the time chatting about people we had worked with and funny incidents. No didnt really think that would help much!!

i can remember my instuctor saying to one of the guys on course that kept asking question all the time about why didnt they do it like that in the real world to which he replied " listen lad my jobs how to teach you to do it the correct way - once you leave here wiv your ticket it up to your boss and the more experianced lads on your company how to teach you to earn money " lolol

I think the flying shore has been replaced with a dumper ramp, raking shore still there though, or push pull as the young guns call it.

just done the raking shore ..disagreement with temporary opo on the day

" are you going to move that tube or not !!! "

" " take those sunglasses off so you can see properly the tube is on the wrong side "

haa haaa proper worked based experience although we did make up later ( no jokes please )

just finished my portfolio so bit knackered now off to bed

PLEASE JUST GIVE ME THAT GOLD CARD AND STOP THIS NONSENSE :):):):D

:love:A bit of man love on the advanced course Tim.:love:

Won't be long now matey then you just move on. How have you managed to fill in your portfolio already?

:love:A bit of man love on the advanced course Tim.:love:

Won't be long now matey then you just move on. How have you managed to fill in your portfolio already?

dont no about the porfolio aom but by the sounds of it ither him or the trainner full of something lol:love:

haha, my money is on the trainer.:laugh:

Aom,Ken was running scaff inspection courses at Erith a few years ago. May well be on hse now.

Yes he is, I had him today and tomorrow also. Man he can talk. Good teacher though.

---------- Post added at 10:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

just done the raking shore ..disagreement with temporary opo on the day

" are you going to move that tube or not !!! "

" " take those sunglasses off so you can see properly the tube is on the wrong side "

haa haaa proper worked based experience although we did make up later ( no jokes please )

just finished my portfolio so bit knackered now off to bed

PLEASE JUST GIVE ME THAT GOLD CARD AND STOP THIS NONSENSE

Ahh so it was you that built that piece of sh1t? We're gonna inspect it tomorrow :laugh:

Keep an eye out for me with the Trad gear on. Maybe you spotted me today.

Never knew that, who would have thought such a knowledgeable man was an instructor.:unsure:

Ken ain't on the HSE but I can tell you he causes the NASC and HSE a right headache. He writes to them nearly every day. He said they have stopped replying to him now :laugh:

He's ripped the TG20 to shreds and I tell you what, he is bang on with everything he says. Did drag on for over an hour today about knots in boards though.

Is this the guy that dragged on about me ?

I can believe that, I wouldn't want to get in an argument with him anyway. Would pay good money to see him go toe to toe with Phil181 though.:D

---------- Post added at 10:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

If he did I missed it Scaffy, find it hard to believe.

Yep :laugh:

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

..and I have the handout to go in my folder to prove it :laugh: :laugh:

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

Wasn't too impressed when I said I knew you quite well :laugh:

oh oh, what did you say or do to upset the man Scaffy?

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

gie us a look at that handout.:confused:

you need to click on scaffolders forum on the drop down,and theres a link:cool:

---------- Post added at 10:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

whoops wrong thread:embarrest::laugh:

Top Bottom