On my own 😥

Hi lancing scaff ......
I've just mentioned that to the gentleman and he laughed in my face ....
Thanks for that advice 😄😄😄

Free funded training UTN Training, Wakefield training pt 1 pt 2 and advanced scaffold

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CISRS Basic Scaffold Inspection

CISRS Basic Scaffolder Part 1

CISRS Basic Scaffolder Part 2

Scaffolding Supervisors Course

message me if your interested in our courses

Good luck with it... And if you do go to the pub opposite, and come back half an hour late, explain to Mr Brown, you were confronted by a load of pikey's, it worked for us, as he said he was going to throw 12 of us off.

Feck him, he was late this morning. You bored oot your nut yet Tim?

Feck him, he was late this morning. You bored oot your nut yet Tim?
well ............mmmmm
I've started to use a technique called " finger tightening the fronts" and i don't want to use the bubble as it looks ok and will be coming down in the morning..............

he almost fell off his chair when i said i did my part one and two around 1980 ....he said i would have to do a lot to get up to speed BUT with the forum and research i am on the ball
i don't know it all of course but I'm doing ok

a pain to have the 6 month wait for the nvq though i just wanted to crack on and pass job done

i think there is a portfolio/ diary to be done but sometimes don't do a temp roof for ages or truss outs , cantilever drops it lends itself to grey areas shall we say

i would like to do more a haki staircase, and haki roof with the sheets .............

also more stuff like ratio brickies to scaffs, how much expected for a scaff to do in a day ....how a job is priced , how to write an extra out , how to write a handover, mewp work and h/r of a steel

what do you think aom what should be included ?

I think the stuff you are looking for will be on your supervisors course. I think the content is ok but up here the roof is only 2 independents with the beams flung in then struck. The last boy I sent was very disappointed, I have also told them with all the changes we face in our trade they really need to concentrate more on that instead of brushing over it. They didn't listen and I gave up. I still don't know if I'm right or wrong but I always felt anyone could do our job when standing on the ground but get yourself up a slippy old roof and the chimney scaffolds are not so easy.

true ....really its an attitude change needed with all the tg 20 , sg stuff ....
when asked what system they used ( cape boys ) ie agr , step, modular guardrail ...answer was none of them they don't bother
WHAT ????
is that cape NASC member ? i was a bit surprised ( and no offence to the boys if they are reading ) the other lads said they've got them in the van but no one will use them

As regards slippery roofs ( rams ) lets pack up and go home until the sunshines lol

might pop along to rotor tomorrow and see bob w

I IT CAN BE A NIGHT MARE MARRA CURRENTLY DOING YM PART 2 AND I H8 NOTHING MORE THAN PUTTING A JOB UP TO THEN STRIPP IMIDATLY AFTER HIS MADE YOU PUT A BARCE TOP ON A DOUBBLE OR SWIVEL AND THEN SAYS AYE GREAT NOW KNOCK IT DOWN :mad: BUT THE AMOUNT WERE GETTING THREW ON THE COURSE AV ASKED HIM FOR A PAY RISE AND HIS TOLD ME TA FEK RIGHT OFF :D

Bob won't know me from Adam but from the little I know I think he is a sound wee fella who could sort out most. Maybe I have been barking up the wrong tree regarding the slippery roofs but the point I was always trying to make is the training centres bear no resemblance to any job I was ever on and a bit of attention to real world scenarios would certainly help me. I did pick up a good few tips when doing my training but more from chatting to individual instructors, giving them what ever problem I faced and they always came up trumps, just not on the curriculum. They reckon it's just a taster, but if you listen to the sales chat they hold themselves up as the best in the country where good enough is just not acceptable, I have had my doubts but the more I look into it the more I started to doubt if I was ever right then you get an instructor coming on the forum telling me the training regime is a shambles, now I don't know what to think. The easiest thing is just to get the boy's trained and carded as required then knock them into shape myself.

I know a fella who did his year a bircham ...,
Turned out he is a great scaff but I always wonder on day one when he started work proper and they didn't do a kicker what did hi think as he put his tube 159mm up

I think that is the way a stock way then a knocking into shape accompanied with a skill level , work ethic , and respect thrown in

I just re read your post and post day one in no way is it a shambles and I did not have a problem with the gear as alluded to ....
I did see some bods doing the scaffold inspection course
I would liked to chat to them !!!

Yeah, I suppose. Our history was during the early first years the young team were given a very hard shift, verging on bullying but I recognised it fairly quickly and got chatting to an instructor who told me if I sent him a good lad he would send back a good scaffolder. Sounded great but the work doesn't stop there the way I expected it to. You will see yourself with the down time during your 2 weeks, add it up and see what it comes to.

the way they want us to do the stacks blows my tash right off like can get round the canterlever truss as av never done 1 b4 but the likes of the stack and splay it really did do my head in

the way they want us to do the stacks blows my tash right off like can get round the canterlever truss as av never done 1 b4 but the likes of the stack and splay it really did do my head in

What was the problem and are you doing it 3 foot in the air off a vaulting horse?

Tim,it could be Ken Cain doing the scaff inspec,courses. Ringer for Bruce forsythe,forum member as well,great bloke.

I just re read your post and post day one in no way is it a shambles and I did not have a problem with the gear as alluded to ....
I did see some bods doing the scaffold inspection course
I would liked to chat to them !!!

I didn't mean to suggest any particular centre or training course was a shambles as it isn't but Instructor was on last night telling us he felt the training game in general was a shambles due to the lack of experienced scaffolders. I like to think he knows what he is talking about.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 PM ----------

Tim,it could be Ken Cain doing the scaff inspec,courses. Ringer for Bruce forsythe,forum member as well,great bloke.

I thought Ken was HSE.

What was the problem and are you doing it 3 foot in the air off a vaulting horse?

no idea what a vaulting horse is lol was just a 13 ft bird cage 1 lift with beam running left to right in the middle and a roof made out of it off band and plate down to the ledgers n ban and plate, the saddels the way we were taught how to erect it and then loosen it off slid it all threw and reerect it on the back supose its the correct way allways bene behind a handrail and what have ya but no good if you need to get to the lead work so i asked him and he said well ya just have to dropp everything down dont ya dont get me rong his a good instructor and the **** he tells ya to do make the jkob easire just the way it needs to be done anoys me when liek you in reality youll never do another stack like it lol

I think you have to try and take what you have learned and make that your real world. Most of the saddles we do can be done from behind a hand rail now with just a bit of thought. It kinda annoy's me now if I see any of the boy's do it without sending out a rail of some description. That been said, you will never get a chimney off a 13' birdcage again, and by the way, a vaulting horse is just a wooden box we had to jump over in school, you know the type you would see the POW's jumping over during the war.:amuse:

I think you have to try and take what you have learned and make that your real world. Most of the saddles we do can be done from behind a hand rail now with just a bit of thought. It kinda annoy's me now if I see any of the boy's do it without sending out a rail of some description. That been said, you will never get a chimney off a 13' birdcage again, and by the way, a vaulting horse is just a wooden box we had to jump over in school, you know the type you would see the POW's jumping over during the war.:amuse:

aye as wid ya marra pe horse :cheesy:is fort it was scaffolding term ie hores aye but it as just like i say 13ft birdcage with roof out of boards and wooden chimney was a great way he showed us how to do it clipping board on to the trannies off the towe sliding it to the chimney mesureing 3 more board off and well u know the rest but never had to do a saddle that way marra nor at this spot do i think i will have to. theres a couple of the lads neevr done any saddels right of the nuwk plant ya see it really did twist his tash :laugh::laugh:

Shove them out the way and show em there's a new daddy in town next time.:idea:

Top Bottom