New zealand

I have heard there is going to be a huge offshore oil and gas boom in NZ within the next 2 years has anybody else heard this?

Could be worth going over and getting yourself set up ready.

It is true they have just started to test drill off the east coast but theres alot of unhappy people protesting

Theres a power plant in north island thats just started a refurb ( Marsden Point ) its going to be big money , ISS has the contract ( industrial site services ) also looking for a branch manager to work out of Hamilton! Also on the acreditation list to help you get out

It is true they have just started to test drill off the east coast but theres alot of unhappy people protesting

Theres a power plant in north island thats just started a refurb ( Marsden Point ) its going to be big money , ISS has the contract ( industrial site services ) also looking for a branch manager to work out of Hamilton! Also on the acreditation list to help you get out

Hi paul some good info for the lads there.

Allways a lot of people protesting when it comes to drilling ect. But the money in oil and gas talks in the end.

When you say big money how much a week would that be?

Do you know what the rate is for offshore scaffolders in nz is

I looked on the immigration bit but haven't looked into being sponsored, do you contact the scaffold company direct and ask about it?

I looked on the immigration bit but haven't looked into being sponsored, do you contact the scaffold company direct and ask about it?

Mate just start a thread on here saying i want to go to nz and iam sure someone will come along and do everything for you if not.

You could allways try google

Il figure it out il just email some companies over there see if ewt comes back

Its the way to go benj. Im sorting my cv out this weekend and sending them out, hopefully something will come soon but im defo looking at next year at getting abroad want to make sure my finances are sorted so the wife deosnt have to worry while im away.

Its the way to go benj. Im sorting my cv out this weekend and sending them out, hopefully something will come soon but im defo looking at next year at getting abroad want to make sure my finances are sorted so the wife deosnt have to worry while im away.

Unless your going to oz or canada mate you will earn just as much in the uk on a decent job.

On the tools that is

What kind of money are advanced supervisors on out there hungry?.

Dont know what an advanced supervisor is mate?

I asked paul earlier what offshore money was like out there iam sure he will reply soon.

If you were a supervisor on a bluebook job here doing say 7x 10,s with dig money iam pretty sure you would be taking home close to 1500 a week anyway.

Are you a supervisor ? maybe better off looking into oz canada or middle east

Sorry pal.
Im advanced scaff with supervisors card.

Not sure your supervisors card may count in nz mate.

I am sure your experience will though paul seems to be the guy to ask

google camel space they were after scaffs not long ago for sponsership personally i want to stay away from the commercial side of things and try to stay in oil and gas

my personnel opinion is if your thinking of going off shore then its got to be Australia as I have a couple of mate off shore and they are on $60 a hour and NZ will never match that you would be lucky to hit $35-37 a hour and on top of that im not sure if there is much activity off shore around NZ .
If your really interested in getting out then you need to look on the immigration accreditation list to see which companies can get you out to stay permanent .
At the moment there is a very big shortage of scaffolders in NZ , don't get me wrong there are scaffolders here but many are not scaffs if you no what I mean !.
One piece of advise is if you are coming out try to come out debt free as trying to pay debt from NZ with the exchange rate is near impossible , I was lucky enough to sell my house in Bristol and settle all of my debt and have enough to start again .

Cheers MH.

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

Cheers for the advice paul. Will take that on board.

my personnel opinion is if your thinking of going off shore then its got to be Australia as I have a couple of mate off shore and they are on $60 a hour and NZ will never match that you would be lucky to hit $35-37 a hour and on top of that im not sure if there is much activity off shore around NZ .
If your really interested in getting out then you need to look on the immigration accreditation list to see which companies can get you out to stay permanent .
At the moment there is a very big shortage of scaffolders in NZ , don't get me wrong there are scaffolders here but many are not scaffs if you no what I mean !.
One piece of advise is if you are coming out try to come out debt free as trying to pay debt from NZ with the exchange rate is near impossible , I was lucky enough to sell my house in Bristol and settle all of my debt and have enough to start again .

Good info mate thanks

In regards to oz would be nice to go offshore there but am i right in saying much easier to get in nz unless your under 31 and can get a working hol visa of course.

I think there are few bits of offshore work off new plymouth and if the scaffs are as bad as you say iam sure they would snap some english guys up out there do you not think?.

It seems the best thing is to do then is get out over there and get then get the tickets

Like anything you start at the bottom and make contacts when there
Always easier when there I would say
Best of luck to anyone going overseas or anywhere away from home;)

Top Bottom