New zealand

Cheers frederik appreciate it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

New Zealand is mostly Layher or a copy of it , there is only one company using quickstage and thats Acrow only because they have so much of it and tube and clip is few and far between which is good in one respect as the average Kiwi cant use tube and clip like the English can.
I have been in NZ for 5 years and i have read many times on the forum that the money is bad but i have to disagree , i believe its the same as England as in you still have the same amount of expandble cash left after bills are paid ! When i left England i was on £126 a day but in NZ i started on $25 a hour but now im on $31 a hour .
The thing is if you commit and come to NZ you deal with it and get on with it and start enjoying the out door lifestyle and realize that working seven days a week is not the way to go. I work five and a half days a week and then the weekend is something to look forward too.
Kids can play outside safe they enjoy school more and my youngest has even give up his playstation which is great for him .
The best way to get in NZ is on a resdiency visa which means you work for companies that are accredited for two years then you gain residents and you can stay for good , it took my family and me three months from start to arriving in NZ and a cost of 2k plus airplane tickets.

A few companies to work for are Brazier scaffolding, United Scaffolding ,Pacific scaffolding are all acredited that gets you out .

Last edited:
I have just arrived in Christchurch, still got a some jet lag to get rid of, but took a run around the city today and was gobbed smacked at the shear scale of devastation the Earth Quake has taken on this obvious beautiful City. The Kiwi's are great folk, I agree the money could be better and it will get better over time so I would implore anyone thinking of coming down under, Make NZ your first option, great Country and very down to earth folk.
This is my 2nd stint in NZ, I have come over as a Contracts Supervisor, once I have got a good Idea of the prospects to earn good money, I'll come back to forum with more info. Happy New Year to all and happy hunting in 2014.

Top man cheers paul

Cheers aussiebob

I have just arrived in Christchurch, still got a some jet lag to get rid of, but took a run around the city today and was gobbed smacked at the shear scale of devastation the Earth Quake has taken on this obvious beautiful City. The Kiwi's are great folk, I agree the money could be better and it will get better over time so I would implore anyone thinking of coming down under, Make NZ your first option, great Country and very down to earth folk.
This is my 2nd stint in NZ, I have come over as a Contracts Supervisor, once I have got a good Idea of the prospects to earn good money, I'll come back to forum with more info. Happy New Year to all and happy hunting in 2014.

Good stuff aussiebob.
Is the tide turning? Usually Kiwis flood to Oz for work and entertainment.
There was a saying once "name one thing that a New Zealander won't do for his country?" Answer "live in it".
A well known NZ politician discussing the thousands of Kiwis leaving for Oz said "it has raised the IQ in both countries at the same time"

Havespannerwilltravel, not sure about the "tide turning" but sure beats the hell out of South London where I have spent the last 2 years. The beach on the Thames is ok once you have cleared the dead dogs and 200 year old human bones off it. :)

NZ has a lot to offer family's and single guys and a great chance to experience another way of life. As said, once the work really kicks off it will be a supply and demand situation. Good luck mate, have a great 2014.

What's the crack with our cisrs cards over there do they see it as a qualification in a trade? Or do we have to go down there qualification route?

Was having a browse on the net and the advanced scaffolding course in oz is around £400 and the course itself is only 3 days.

Level 1 is pre scaffolding employment, level 2 is elementary, level 3 is intermediate, level 4 is suspended scaffolding and level 5 is advanced scaffolding. Thats from a training school in new Zealand.

Try,

SARNZ.ORG.NZ

The NZ scaffold and rigging association.

The kiwis are miles ahead of their rich cousins over the pond in Oz, the courses are far more practical and at the upper end are classed as a tertiary qualification.

Australia is still in denial on scaffolding being anything other than a "ticket" which you can hold with several other tickets like tower crane driver, all short courses, no one fails and the region has a bad scaffolding reputation as a direct result.

Happy New Year lads, keep on turning.

Try,

SARNZ.ORG.NZ

The NZ scaffold and rigging association.

The kiwis are miles ahead of their rich cousins over the pond in Oz, the courses are far more practical and at the upper end are classed as a tertiary qualification.

Australia is still in denial on scaffolding being anything other than a "ticket" which you can hold with several other tickets like tower crane driver, all short courses, no one fails and the region has a bad scaffolding reputation as a direct result.

Happy New Year lads, keep on turning.

I hear corks tethered to hard hats by strings is mandatory. :cool:

Due to the earthquakes in Christchurch most companies in christchurch will recognise your advanced ticket and will probably pay to get you NZ advanced .

Last edited:
cracking post Paul i knew you would be ale to advise wisely
i visited christchurch on my honeymoon and what alovely city it was lets hope it will regain its former glory;)

I have heard there is going to be a huge offshore oil and gas boom in NZ within the next 2 years has anybody else heard this?

Could be worth going over and getting yourself set up ready.

Top Bottom