New Forum

admin may need to out and age protection on like for rude tube and **** over 18's only with the exseptions of rosie fomr better tax its rude to ask a woman her age

aye, advice from his Mrs no less.:laugh::laugh:

The forum needs to be more restricted unfortunately ,it is a scaffolders' forum and the presence of non scaffolders diminishes the forum and turns it into a joke .
I know I might sound like an old buffer harrumping in his arm chair ,but I notice other forums don't tolerate any disruption on them

Your right mate. I was just worried that the wierdos were distracting us from discussing the really big issues like who knows the correct handrail height.:D

big issues -Subscribe to Monthly Magazine THE BIG ISSUE for updates on Active Topics -Discussions & conclusions.(Im led to believe its for a good cause -not a World saver as such,more of Individuals Dignity Restored)

Pic -World Saver Advice

Attachments

• securedownload[9].jpg
    securedownload[9].jpg
    16 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
As an aside, there are a number of trades forums out there and they are so strictly moderated to the point of intolerance (lol believe me, I got on the wrong side of the owner) (In fact, last I heard they were starting to implode! :D).

This forum was kind and tolerant of us in our fledgling days, giving us a chance to hopefully prove our worth and we could then decide to be sponsors.

For the most part you guys are very welcoming of new posters - it's then up to them how they behave. I think it's ok to have non scaffs on the forum (to a point) because it can make for more interesting conversation, provided it's not how it has been and that it doesn't disrupt the real reason the forum was set up - for scaffolders.

I understand that to start scaffolding you need to be a labourer first but can you really decide to take up scaffolding when you're the wrong side of 50? So, claiming to be doing that is rather disingenuous.

Perhaps there could be a forum for "off topic" threads, so those sort of threads (you know the ones) could just be relegated there. You don't really want that crap in the forum pub either. Or, "I'm just starting out what should I do" forum, then if anyone wants to give advice, they can.

And, yes, maybe an age restriction, but then they'd just lie anyway. It's OK though, I am over the age of consent ;).

admin may need to out and age protection on like for rude tube and **** over 18's only with the exseptions of rosie fomr better tax its rude to ask a woman her age

One way for honest answer get a Pic (Bless em)

Attachments

• securedownload[4] (4).jpg
    securedownload[4] (4).jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 4
Actually I also remember another forum I used to go too, ages ago, all new posters were moderated, meaning that all the posts they make at the start are vetted by a mod until they have posted, say 10 - 15 genuine posts. Not disimilar to Trevor's suggestion, in fact.

They can post anywhere but posts don't show until one of the mods OKs it.

There are enough mods on board now to handle that.

ITS OK CAUSE THERS 9 NEW DEPUTY'S

bigfish
celticbhoy
Flinty
frederik
general manager
Havespannerwilltravel
philliosmaximus
Rigger
SWIFTY

AND A NEW SHERIFF

marra watson :toung:

Theres only one answer to that marra

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRgcwT9X2J8]Eric Clapton - I Shot The Sheriff ( Studio Version ) - YouTube[/ame]

Is this thread for real?

Ffs people. It's just an online forum for scaffolders. What did you all expect - people chatting away politely about brownie camp and flower arranging?

Life is too short for it to be frittered away worrying about all this nonsense.

Actually I also remember another forum I used to go too, ages ago, all new posters were moderated, meaning that all the posts they make at the start are vetted by a mod until they have posted, say 10 - 15 genuine posts. Not disimilar to Trevor's suggestion, in fact.

They can post anywhere but posts don't show until one of the mods OKs it.

There are enough mods on board now to handle that.

Dont you think I have enough to do keeping the other mods in line especially the young pretender marra watson?
I am busier on here than at work and its unpaid!!

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Is this thread for real?

Ffs people. It's just an online forum for scaffolders. What did you all expect - people chatting away politely about brownie camp and flower arranging?

I am organising a flower arranging camp only for brownies for next summer in Algeria phil. Are you in?

Mmm,i think i've got a cunning plan,and sheriff marra's the man for the job,this involves a little bit of getting our own back,hehe,firstly the forum buy's a proper stetson from texas,we'll need your hat size marra,in shocking pink,then he can infiltrate the gay forum's posing as a gay sheriff(they wont twig that he's really agent marra,undercover scaffolder on a secret mission to save the scaffolders forum)he could use several alias's and report back any information he gleans to a team of dedicated moderaters,who would be on standby with their fingers hovering only millimetres away from the delete button,in this way we could collectively head off any future threat from unwanted invaders of our forum,of course this mission is not without danger,the chief danger being,that agent marra never returns and is lost to the other side forever:D:laugh::laugh::laugh:

You read too many books BF. :D
Sounds like a good plan tho we wouldnt want marra playing double agent then terrorising us:rolleyes:

Mmm,i think i've got a cunning plan,and sheriff marra's the man for the job,this involves a little bit of getting our own back,hehe,firstly the forum buy's a proper stetson from texas,we'll need your hat size marra,in shocking pink,then he can infiltrate the gay forum's posing as a gay sheriff(they wont twig that he's really agent marra,undercover scaffolder on a secret mission to save the scaffolders forum)he could use several alias's and report back any information he gleans to a team of dedicated moderaters,who would be on standby with their fingers hovering only millimetres away from the delete button,in this way we could collectively head off any future threat from unwanted invaders of our forum,of course this mission is not without danger,the chief danger being,that agent marra never returns and is lost to the other side forever:D:laugh::laugh:

great idea deputy i wouldnt want to take all the credit on this 1 so get ya pink hat and ride on in to the sunset :laugh:

You read too many books BF. :D
Sounds like a good plan tho we wouldnt want marra playing double agent then terrorising us:rolleyes:

lol you know with in about 3 post ahahahah spelling and the over use of marra would sertianly give me away :love:

Is this thread for real?

I've got to agree with you there Pip.

Just let them come on, play with and ridicule them for a while and then f.uck 'em off as we have been doing.

As said in another thread it's our Friday/Saturday night entertainment!!!

---------- Post added at 01:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Obviously I'm only referring to the trolls.

Top Bottom