New Forum

unfortunately trolls are eveywhere on the web and will do anything to cause trouble. surely admin can do something if it means the forum stays a scaffs forum and not for some fcuked up weirdo in his bedroom with knickers on his head. personally i dont think making people wait is an option cos trolls obviously have time and it wont bother them to wait.

ITS OK CAUSE THERS 9 NEW DEPUTY'S

bigfish
celticbhoy
Flinty
frederik
general manager
Havespannerwilltravel
philliosmaximus
Rigger
SWIFTY

AND A NEW SHERIFF

marra watson :toung:

Recently the once respected Scaffolders Forum has been besieged by internet trolls, wierdos and people hellbent on causing trouble.
My suggestion is that the forum would be a closed one and new members would have to sign up and wait for a certain length of time before getting access to the main forum.
I know this would be hard for the genuine people but it would ensure that the trolls and troublemakers would keep away as they would get bored waiting for full access.
Its just a suggestion. Has anyone else got any ideas how we can deal with this problem?

With 10 moderators now, I would hope that trolls, wierdos etc would not have as long before their behaviour is reeled in.

I'll repeat a recommendation I made to SF admin in that the forum pub should be moved to the top section of the site along with perhaps the new member's introduction. This will (hopefully) reduce the occurence of non work related threads in the top forum.

I've known forums that require say 10 posts be made as "probation" before being allowed full access to the jokey banter area where "anything goes".

Another suggestion, how about requiring new members post a proper intro of themselves (apart from "Gizza Job!") before being allowed full access.

You are talking about a virtual machine on a private network..(noob)I did not say it was impossible to do. I said it was not easy to do….The link you sent me I cannot open for various reason because I am on a secure network and looking at the link it’s a torrent site. So you will be one of them boy scripters thinking you are a hacker...

Er NO, Open the link computer boy then get back to me.
Tell me how it isn't easy to do, 2 clicks and it's changed pal.

The Vpn changes my IP address every time I log on and refresh it. Tell me what that has to do with a torrent?

You'll be talking about a bittorrent proxy, 2 seperate products from the same provider.

Like I said, open the link, sorry am i flaming you now n00b?

the forum just needs moderating lads like some have said maby you could add another section for member that have been active for lets say 6 months an after gain acsess to this section but the forum woulden't be the samec and would create a divide in the forum and some members would start looking dow there nose :laugh: lets just get in moderated

unfortunately trolls are eveywhere on the web and will do anything to cause trouble. surely admin can do something if it means the forum stays a scaffs forum and not for some fcuked up weirdo in his bedroom with knickers on his head. personally i dont think making people wait is an option cos trolls obviously have time and it wont bother them to wait.

Whats wrong with knickers on your head,thats all ive got on:laugh:suppose i am banned now.

I've got mi weekend flat cap on,feet in a bowl of epsom salts with the missus gently masaging them,

mi whippets band & plate sat each side of me on the sofa Tripe slowly cooking in't oven for later.
just another Friday night indoors

Leave the Forum as it is,we can spot a non scaffolder a mile away, there has been lots of great input from non scaffolders willing to share thier expertise with us for free

I have no hatred of homosexuals, but inform us of this ONCE and then move on.

The way to get shut of a troll is, as better tax stated, To Totally ignore thier posts.It is your reaction that they grave

Sorry ma'laud, won't let it happen again ma'laud.

Hey marra, you maybe changed your name a bit quick, we should have baptised you "The Sheriff."

A word in your ear Marra:confused:

AOM is THEE Mr Big on this Forum:eek:

Ad-Min is his bitch, and we are just the cannon fodder:sick:

A word in your ear Marra:confused:

AOM is THEE Mr Big on this Forum:eek:

Ad-Min is his bitch, and we are just the cannon fodder:sick:

ahahah this forum aint big enough for the both of us ..... do you feel lucky PUNK ...cue handbag at 9 paces ahahaha ;)

haha, glad you and admin know your place Rigger.:cool:

Nice signature marra.:laugh:

aom Let him be the sheriff if he wants:love:

The top men always walk away from trouble,the soldiers plead ignorance befitting thier lowly standing

Its the middle men that take the bullet :cool:

Good point Rigger. I always operate best as a lowly foot soldier with no real delusions of grandeur.

Ffs how long before sheriff marra has all wearing pink boxers:sick::laugh::laugh:any way marra where were yer when the forum was under attack from the pink brigade:D

Ffs how long before sheriff marra has all wearing pink boxers:sick::laugh::laugh:any way marra where were yer when the forum was under attack from the pink brigade:D

missed all this internet been playing up was edwood robert and herd some mention of co ock in a avatar inform????

Aye right, just like any other copper I have ever met on a Friday night, wait till all the major fighting is done before sticking your neck above the parapet. :noworry:

missed all this internet been playing up was edwood robert and herd some mention of co ock in a avatar inform????

Aye,edwoood was robert with a male blow up doll as his avatar then another feckin joker shows up with a hard on under his jeans as an avatar,ffs,but dont worry marra me and swifty were on guard and moderated the sicko then some other sycho turns up threatening that we've sychlogically damaged a kid and we'll be hearing from him when he's taken advice,aye,bring it on:laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom