N.A.S.C. Audit

exclusive club,why have we got a trade body that is an exclusive club???its not inclusive of everybody as its exclusive so for me its a private party for the choosen few its time to have true representation for our trade,a body that stands for US,not this monopoly we have at present.

i thought about joining a few years ago , then i decided that all i want to do is keep my customers happy , look after my lads , and make a living , which i am doing quite nicely without some cock sticking his nose into my business every 5 minutes :D:D:D:D

The NASC are a trade organisation, the largest in the Uk, they carry out a lot of work behind the scenes ensuring that we are placed on the highest pedsetal and that the rules and by laws laid down are adhered to, they also are imvolved with improving the image of the Industry, they are not there to manage your employees, that is your responsibility so all of you who think any one should be a member think again, there are strict criteria to meet and if you fail you fail, you are given time to review your failings and address the issues and improve, people only fail when basic fundemental items are noticed within the audits, NASC will assist any company in any way to help them improve there procedures, again you manage the men not NASC. SG

Tell me Soulman,
once a national company becomes a member of the NASC do they get audited, and if so how often?

Firstly I would like to thank you all for your messages of support, it has been greatly appreciated...

Right...Having reflected on what has happened in the last couple of days I would say the following:

We failed at the end of the day, we will take the comments and the critque on board and action what we feel needs to be undertaken.

What we did feel prior to the audit and during the actual event was the plain fact that you are being assessed by a competitor, with all the good will in the world there is bound to be an, even just a little, element of self intrest, I mean it actually feels really un-nerving to let a competitor have free rein in viewing and checking commercially sensitive material and we were not happy at all. The question I ask is: Why if the NASC are a National Organisation can they not have an Auditor who does not trade in your region carry out your application assessment?

Finally, I am going to offer a plain fact that we have numerous pieces of photographic evidence of long established NASC members in and around Sheffield that are simply not complying with their own mandate, this is mostly Non Compliance with SG4:05 never mind the recently introduced SG4:10 including may I add, pictures of the Regional Chairman of the NASC's Company, please bear in mind these Non Compliance issues are deemed so serious as to deny Membership for a new applicant, in fact there is one particular Company who repeatdly make comment on others work when there own is frankly shocking!! I would ask, who is the more guilty? the company who are trying to raise their standards and fail or the long established business who are fully aware of the standard and choose to ignore it whilst reporting others for Non Compliance issues??
Come on NASC, if you are claiming to be up on a pedestal and elite...well why dont you set a proper example??

Please dont think this post is due to our failure or sour grapes but your members in and around Sheffield are clearly doing you a disservice and it certainly smacks of double standards...

P.S. Any NASC Member who would like this photographic evidence pm me and I will gladly forward...We would hope you would action accordingly!!

Last edited:
Gone offline now haven't you Soulman 1957:mad:

Last edited:
Then I know at least one that should hold its head in shame.

That's my 1000th post do I get a badge?

Then I know at least one that should hold its head in shame.

That's my 1000th post do I get a badge?

You most certainly should!! well done Hombre!!

Heres an idea...why dont we all start a collection of photos of NASC members Non Compliance issues and put it to them??

Firstly I would like to thank you all for your messages of support, it has been greatly appreciated...

Right...Having reflected on what has happened in the last couple of days I would say the following:

We failed at the end of the day, we will take the comments and the critque on board and action what we feel needs to be undertaken.

What we did feel prior to the audit and during the actual event was the plain fact that you are being assessed by a competitor, with all the good will in the world there is bound to be an, even just a little, element of self intrest, I mean it actually feels really un-nerving to let a competitor have free rein in viewing and checking commercially sensitive material and we were not happy at all. The question I ask is: Why if the NASC are a National Organisation can they not have an Auditor who does not trade in your region carry out your application assessment?

Finally, I am going to offer a plain fact that we have numerous pieces of photographic evidence of long established NASC members in and around Sheffield that are simply not complying with their own mandate, this is mostly Non Compliance with SG4:05 never mind the recently introduce SG4:10 including may I add, pictures of the Regional Chairman of the NASC's Company, please bear in mind these Non Compliance issues are deemed so serious as to deny Membership for a new applicant, in fact there is one particular Company who repeatdly make comment on others work when there own is frankly shocking!! I would ask, who is the more guilty? the company who are trying to raise their standards and fail or the long established business who are fully aware of the standard and choose to ignore it whilst reporting others for Non Compliance issues??
Come on NASC, if you are claiming to be up on a pedestal and elite...well why dont you set a proper example??

Please dont think this post is due to our failure or sour grapes but your members in and around Sheffield are clearly doing you a disservice and it certainly smacks of double standards...

P.S. Any NASC Member who would like this photographic evidence pm me and I will gladly forward...We would hope you would action accordingly!!

Its pretty common knowledge PW about the Sheffield brigade NASC clique. I for one will be taking photographs of NASC members scaffolds and posting them up here for all to see.

Its the same in the South West mate.

Its seems the companies doing the right things are the ones wanting to get into the club, yet once your in f**k it. Just need to look at the NASC members list & check out some of their web sites. No PPE, No single rails on temp roofs, no sways its shocking :eek::eek:

so are we saying the body that represents us scaffolders gives long winded seminars writes guidence for scaffolding across the land is NOT complying to their very OWN high standards and is openly turning a blind eye to what they themselves call BAD PRACTICE,of their own members?????.........what dose their rule book say or tell us the punishment that be dealt for these as i can only assume MANY misdomeanors.RULE BOOK TIME.

Maybe we should audit them so they can audit themselves to make sure they are auditable to others sort of thingy....................:D

yes indeed rags whats good for the goose is for the ganda me son,has complacency crept into the OLD FELLOWS CLUB,or are they just incapable of auditing present members???

It makes more sense than half the stories I hear from companies trying to do the right thing then getting knocked back for it. Thats one of the reasons I started the SCCR. We are nearly a quarter into their membership already & can offer trade deals to save you money.

Yes I have been on the Cider :wacko:

yes indeed rags whats good for the goose is for the ganda me son,has complacency crept into the OLD FELLOWS CLUB,or are they just incapable of auditing present members???

It looks that way.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

Do what I say not what I do.

Top Bottom