moderators abusing power ?

happyhugenoet

Reaction score
with the recent abuse of powers of certain moderators with threads being deleted at a whim.Should there be some sort of freezing of the powers of inactive moderators.I understand that a lot of members and mods work away or certain shifts that make posting regularly hard but for some one to stay idle and then deem he has the power to delete threads on the basis he doesnt like whats being said isnt on;)

Does the forum need moderating!! 99% is all bull ***** and the rest is taken with a pinch of salt.

with the recent abuse of powers of certain moderators with threads being deleted at a whim.Should there be some sort of freezing of the powers of inactive moderators.I understand that a lot of members and mods work away or certain shifts that make posting regularly hard but for some one to stay idle and then deem he has the power to delete threads on the basis he doesnt like whats being said isnt on;)

I take your comments on board Happy. I do feel that the ex moderator was being pressurized by outside influences to remove particular threads.
I firmly believe that moderators who do abuse their powers for their own or their friends or relatives ends should be removed from their post immediately. Remember there are many waiting in the wings to take their place (recall the fuss made by phil181 and dangerus when they were overlooked before?).
I occasionally peruse an expat forum aimed specifically at those living in the Philippines. The forum is ran like a Soviet Gulag by its American owner. Anyone who goes off topic is banned after the third offence. Anyone who slags or attacks another member is immediately banned. Anyone who advertises items for sale without permission is immediately banned. Anyone who posts links without permission is banned immediately. FFS if those rules applied here Admin would be the only member!
I think the forum runs well in its present form and people can freely voice there opinions as scaffolders do in life offline.
Power to the forum.;)

whilst I do not agree with draconian rule of a forum, many a good and interesting thread has been lost or hijacked by inane drivel.

Scaffolding is all about "Craic" but it has it's place.
Some of these threads turn into slagging matches which is also ok TO A POINT then move on, let it go.

I scan read the thread list most days and contribute where I can and then move on.

regards
Alan

This is one of the best trades forums out there. From our point of view, when we first came here, admin gave us a little latitude to being members first, make sure we didn't spam sell, contributed as a member. That way, we could see if the forum would accept us and if it was a good thing for us to be here.

Luckily, apart from the odd hiccup, its all gone well :). The mods now do a very good job. Its a pity that so many threads do go off topic into inanity :p but then, ordinary face to face convos do that too.

I don't think threads should be deleted. I do think the odd posts should be if they are just a nonsense and totally abusive. I think thread closures work well... leaves it there but stops the rot.

We have attempted to become part of other forums but unfortunately there is, or was, a dictator out there controlling pretty much all the other active trades forums. Horrible person! Suffice to say - we don't go there!

Its often hard to find that middle ground to please everyone.

If you are contemplating in putting your name forward as a moderator i,am quite sure there will be overtime for you your the only bloke I know that could rock a square cradle 181

Where do u find the list of mods???? Seen it before but can't find it

Happys spot on about inactive mods

And arise sir AOM how the hell he's not a moderator I'll never know it's the same as sending Chelsea out on the pitch and not making JT captian!!!

And arise sir AOM how the hell he's not a moderator I'll never know it's the same as sending Chelsea out on the pitch and not making JT captian!!!

theres a few of the mod that dont come on here and the reason sick of the sh1t getting posted they will come back on now and agin to see if it has changed seen no improvment and then feks off they were the orginal expendables lol

I've sent you a PM.

---------- Post added at 06:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

Thanks Bobby, but never been my style to be honest, I'm more a free speech kinda guy. That and the fact I'm more likely to need moderating. :laugh:

As hswt says,other forums are moderated to the point of ruin,on here you can pretty much say what you want without being banned,though some need banning in my opinion,only admin has that power though:)

It's been a while since I've seen you post much bf, you boys busy?

is bum a naughty word ? you can put I come up the olde bird so comes not naughty word lol!!! its a scaffolders forum think sometimes the crack gets abused by moderators opps can we say crack!!

It's been a while since I've seen you post much bf, you boys busy?

We are now ali,dec,jan were really quiet then the much anticipated explosion of work happened and not before time eh,what about your bit mate?i've still been looking in,but to be honest it gets a bit tedious seeing nearly every thread ruined with the same old drivel,and after all,there's only so much to be said about scaffolding so It's inevitable I suppose:huh:;)

I take your comments on board Happy. I do feel that the ex moderator was being pressurized by outside influences to remove particular threads.
I firmly believe that moderators who do abuse their powers for their own or their friends or relatives ends should be removed from their post immediately. Remember there are many waiting in the wings to take their place (recall the fuss made by phil181 and dangerus when they were overlooked before?).
I occasionally peruse an expat forum aimed specifically at those living in the Philippines. The forum is ran like a Soviet Gulag by its American owner. Anyone who goes off topic is banned after the third offence. Anyone who slags or attacks another member is immediately banned. Anyone who advertises items for sale without permission is immediately banned. Anyone who posts links without permission is banned immediately. FFS if those rules applied here Admin would be the only member!
I think the forum runs well in its present form and people can freely voice there opinions as scaffolders do in life offline.
Power to the forum.;)
I well remember that cruel snubbing, I'd even gone as far as to buy myself a moderators hat and gloves, but was snubbed.

How far did you travel russ???....algeria or essex.??..
I hadn't actually travelled anywhere at that time, buying a hat and gloves was bad enough, but even a complete multi story retard wouldn't go as far as to book tickets or visas without a written job offer.......would they ?

Incidentally that moderators job reminds me of a similar position in that "Hundreds applied , but only six were chosen" history repeating itself again

Top Bottom