Manual Handling

I've got Sg4:05 and SG4:10 ( Collectors editions signed by the hse) I heard the makers of the the Lord of the Rings are involved now and there's going to be a trilogy, the new book will involve SG4:10 rebelling against TG20:08 , its gonna be a smash I reckon.

Mate, they're filming it already!

Apparently there are plans to release a limited edition, monarflex bound, Fire Retardent Debris Netting Blu-Ray box set.

Manual handling + scaffolding,,,,,wot is the world coming to!!!!!!!!! Do you think the tw@ts that write that cr@p would be in their jobs if they were illiterate?????????

Mate, they're filming it already!

Apparently there are plans to release a limited edition, monarflex bound, Fire Retardent Debris Netting Blu-Ray box set.
Wicked , I hope they bring it out in 3D safety googles. Apparently Smeagle is going to be played by Rick Statham as he wont need to spend hours in Make up !
The "Hobbitsis" are some of the scaffs who have been working in that Nuclear power station in Japan, they have shrunk and there feet have got bigger since those leaks escaped into the atmosphere.
Its gonna go big, I'm telling you !

Wicked , I hope they bring it out in 3D safety googles. Apparently Smeagle is going to be played by Rick Statham as he wont need to spend hours in Make up !
The "Hobbitsis" are some of the scaffs who have been working in that Nuclear power station in Japan, they have shrunk and there feet have got bigger since those leaks escaped into the atmosphere.
Its gonna go big, I'm telling you !

Are you sure you're not getting it confused with the 2002 classic 'The Yard Foreman Strikes Back'?

I think it's the one where Kevin Mowett goes over to the Dark Side...

Manual Handling is an activity linked to the erection, alteration and dismantling of scaffolding.

Does anyone have any relevant documentation legislation regarding this process within the industry.

regards

boyberm
Have to wait till the Sci Fi film comes out.

Are you sure you're not getting it confused with the 2002 classic 'The Yard Foreman Strikes Back'?

I think it's the one where Kevin Mowett goes over to the Dark Side...
Yea , you could be right there Phil , Is that the sequel to the "Yard forman strikes the top lift" ?

No, it's the prequel to 'Return of the Swivel' I think....
On a serious note Phil , I have noticed my "thanked" ratings have slipped as I 've not been on the forum for a while. Do you think you could thank me after EVERY post so I can once againg lord it up over Jr Members and especially Scaffy ? I will of course reciprocate (do the same for Jr Members)

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

On a serious note Phil , I have noticed my "thanked" ratings have slipped as I 've not been on the forum for a while. Do you think you could thank me after EVERY post so I can once againg lord it up over Jr Members and especially Scaffy ? I will of course reciprocate (do the same for Jr Members)
:notrust:

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Yes thats the spirit

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

:notrust:

Of course mate, happy to help.

I fully understand your predicament as my 'approval rating' has also plummeted in recent weeks - Now we can't be having that, can we?

Any assistance you could offer me to improve my 'thanks to post ratio' would be most appreciated.

(For the record, I average a 'thanks' in 33.44% of my posts)

Of course mate, happy to help.

I fully understand your predicament as my 'approval rating' has also plummeted in recent weeks - Now we can't be having that, can we?

Any assistance you could offer me to improve my 'thanks to post ratio' would be most appreciated.

(For the record, I average a 'thanks' in 33.44% of my posts)
I covert your thanks ratio, in fact its my ambition to have an average of 33%, I've even done a time motion study on excel and at present I'm giving a power-point presentation to the wife on this very topic.

I had noticed you had upset some of our forum brothers (use that term losely) you have to try to be less tirse and obtuse Phil.

I shall thank you as often as I can, but I won't be drawn into some kind of Thank-fest

I covert your thanks ratio, in fact its my ambition to have an average of 33%, I've even done a time motion study on excel and at present I'm giving a power-point presentation to the wife on this very topic.

I had noticed you had upset some of our forum brothers (use that term losely) you have to try to be less tirse and obtuse Phil.

I shall thank you as often as I can, but I won't be drawn into some kind of Thank-fest

Well I appreciate your honesty Russell. But considering you're averaging a lowly 22.17% Thanks to Posts Ratio I wouldn't get too ambitious about overtaking my lofty haul.

As for upsetting some members of the Scaffolders Forum Brotherhood, I stand proud of my unoffical title - 'That Sarcastic W@nker'....

Well I appreciate your honesty Russell. But considering you're averaging a lowly 22.17% Thanks to Posts Ratio I wouldn't get too ambitious about overtaking my lofty haul.

As for upsetting some members of the Scaffolders Forum Brotherhood, I stand proud of my unoffical title - 'That Sarcastic W@nker'....
And I could be your trusty side kick that "p*ss taking tw*t", what do you think ??

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

And I could be your trusty side kick that "p*ss taking tw*t", what do you think ??
oops nearly forgot to thankyou then !

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

oops nearly forgot to thankyou then !

Yeah that could work mate - It's got a nice ring to it.

Don't EVER 'forget' to thank me ever again. Those shiny 'thanks' can be removed just as quickly as they were added.

Oh yeah, and I like the Speedo's...

Brandy wise words obviously you are showing your intelligence with using the kind of words you are sat there typing in.
I was advised to come onto this forum sight. But with your response I am signing of this forum site and would advise anyone wanting to sign upto this site to forget it.

Yeah that could work mate - It's got a nice ring to it.

Don't EVER 'forget' to thank me ever again. Those shiny 'thanks' can be removed just as quickly as they were added.

Oh yeah, and I like the Speedo's...
got more friends than you though ! ha

Boyberm I dont know why you took offence to anything I wrote, I have looked back over all my contributions to the thread and cant find any insulting, deragatory, or offensive comments directed at you or for that matter anybody, It's not my style, so forgive me if I fail to understand your mindset. I was the first to answer your query and I gave what I considered a helpful answer (go back and read) This is a forum and others have opinions that lead to debate on the particular thread and are entitled to join in and comment, it may not be what you want to hear but on this occasion the subject matter was one that scaffolders do on a daily basis and expressed their opinion on manual handling in the scaffolding industry and as you will gather the concept is a bit of a joke, hence the banter, none of it was directed at you. Sometimes in life you dont get the answers you want to hear, nor does everything go your way, you learn eventually, its called growing up. So I suggest stick with the forum, we're not big bad wolves.

Boyberm I dont know why you took offence to anything I wrote, I have looked back over all my contributions to the thread and cant find any insulting, deragatory, or offensive comments directed at you or for that matter anybody, It's not my style, so forgive me if I fail to understand your mindset. I was the first to answer your query and I gave what I considered a helpful answer (go back and read) This is a forum and others have opinions that lead to debate on the particular thread and are entitled to join in and comment, it may not be what you want to hear but on this occasion the subject matter was one that scaffolders do on a daily basis and expressed their opinion on manual handling in the scaffolding industry and as you will gather the concept is a bit of a joke, hence the banter, none of it was directed at you. Sometimes in life you dont get the answers you want to hear, nor does everything go your way, you learn eventually, its called growing up. So I suggest stick with the forum, we're not big bad wolves.

well said brady your good with words ! lol

boybern

To my knowledge there is no Manual Handling Regulations specific to Scaffolding Operations---however, common sense prevails and Scaffolding service Organizations have created and implement Self Regulated Scaffolding procedures which restrict the use of 21 ft Tubes to a more manageable 16 ft Tube together with restrictions in the handling and carrying of loads specified within the Manual Handling Regulations.

With the onset of lighter amalgams used in the Manufacture of Scaffold Tubes this reduces the weight per foot, however, this provision does not eradicate handling comfort entirely.

A good few years ago and pre- Manual Handling Regs I can recall working in the Norwegian Sector where I witnessed two Norsk Scaffs carrying a 21 ft Tube---never seen the likes before and neerly pissed myself laughing---however, in hind sight they were right---

So simply put, handle the weight what your body can manage.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

aye brandy---well said...

I kissed the blarney stone, but seriously I still cant figure out how I upset him

Top Bottom