Manual Handling

boyberm

Reaction score
Manual Handling is an activity linked to the erection, alteration and dismantling of scaffolding.

Does anyone have any relevant documentation legislation regarding this process within the industry.

regards

boyberm

Never seen any manual handling documents specific to scaffolding. Not sure if there are any.

Manual handling bit of a grey area, the powers to be recommend that the average person? should not lift any object above 25kg depending on the person (what is an average person?) and it depends on how you carry it, ie close to the body or at arms length comes into the aquasion, the only manual handling info set in stone is that a manual handling risk assessment should be carried out before any MH task, using the TILE acronim, Task individual Load Enviroment, should be used before carrying out any MH task according to HSE guidance. Only my understanding but a very grey area, am sure that injury lawyers for you know the crack.

Never seen any manual handling documents specific to scaffolding. Not sure if there are any.

If there is then I'm sure it would be a fascinating bit of bedtime reading.

A manual handling risk assessment must be completed for every job, although these can usually be fairly generic.

Example :-

Hazard - Manual handling of scaffolding materials.

Can the operation be avoided? - Usually no, that's why you're sitting there typing out this load of nonsense that nobody will ever read and states the bleedin fukcing obvious, anyway.

Risk assessment - Use lifting plant where possible, good manual handling techniques to be employed etc etc

Paddy Carr

Do you or anyone else have the SG6:10 at hand to email

Regards.

Phil
Whens your birthday I will send you a copy and a couple of matchsticks!!

Phil
Whens your birthday I will send you a copy and a couple of matchsticks!!

Not until October :sad:

Maybe I'll get a crocodile skin bound special edition copy for Fathers Day...

Can only live in hope.

You could go on for ever, 2 men to carry a tube, ladder, board over a certain lenght, correct back, knee posture when lifting a tube from the ground or stillage. Imagine it, it would make a good comedy film, the scaffs in their nice clean overalls and shiny boots, being overseen by clipboard cliff, walking it to the job location and then looking at each other scratching their heads wondering what they are allowed to do next. You could'nt make it up, but some do.

You could go on for ever, 2 men to carry a tube, ladder, board over a certain lenght, correct back, knee posture when lifting a tube from the ground or stillage. Imagine it, it would make a good comedy film, the scaffs in their nice clean overalls and shiny boots, being overseen by clipboard cliff, walking it to the job location and then looking at each other scratching their heads wondering what they are allowed to do next. You could'nt make it up, but some do.

The Chuckle Brothers would be quite good in a film like that.

Or maybe Vin Diesel & Sly Stallone....

Brandy, it has to be John Cleese with the clipboard.

Come on mate your just holdling out ,so someone will send you a free copy..

Well I hope so mate.

It's obviously an essential bit of reading for anyone who thinks that scaffolding might involve the odd bit of manual handling.

Personally, I can't see it myself.

Maybe I'll just get a leather bound, limited edition copy of TG4, encrusted in Swarvoski diamonds...

Bob, John Cleese would be perfect for the part of Clipboard Cliff, Was thinking of Laurel an Hardy as the two carrying and the theme music by the Hollies, " He aint heavy he's my brother "

Well I hope so mate.

It's obviously an essential bit of reading for anyone who thinks that scaffolding might involve the odd bit of manual handling.

Personally, I can't see it myself.

Maybe I'll just get a leather bound, limited edition copy of TG4, encrusted in Swarvoski diamonds...
I've got Sg4:05 and SG4:10 ( Collectors editions signed by the hse) I heard the makers of the the Lord of the Rings are involved now and there's going to be a trilogy, the new book will involve SG4:10 rebelling against TG20:08 , its gonna be a smash I reckon.

Top Bottom