LinkedIn members thoughts on Scaffolders

Parasitism is a non-mutual relationship between organisms of different species where one organism, the parasite, benefits at the expense of the other

no legal responsibilitys , no responsibility for tax , no employers ni contributions , just sucking it out wherever they can

Last edited:
time you took a back seat pal and let andy sommers supply you with some labour for two or three days a week as thats his speciality lol.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

can you do anything with miku,mccourt,lustig,samaras do you think lol would be much appreciated

I thought mcCourt was the new golden child and big Samaras ain't so bad. Been a while since I have seen any first class football in Scotland obviously but I always wondered why the fans never took to Samaras as he get's his share of goals.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Don't even know who the other 2 are.:embarrest:

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

I could name the Peterheed 1st 11 though.;)

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Them and Dukla Pumpherston.:cool:

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Andy,

Do you know the guy who dobbed you in?

I thought mcCourt was the new golden child and big Samaras ain't so bad. Been a while since I have seen any first class football in Scotland obviously but I always wondered why the fans never took to Samaras as he get's his share of goals.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Don't even know who the other 2 are.:embarrest:

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

I could name the Peterheed 1st 11 though.;)

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Them and Dukla Pumpherston.:cool:

---------- Post added at 01:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:42 PM ----------

Andy,

Do you know the guy who dobbed you in?

AOM,

Not Personally but he is on my linked in.

Regards
Andy

I assume you are still duty-bound to ensure a safe place of work etc etc?
Or is that the umbrella company's obligation?

I assume you are still duty-bound to ensure a safe place of work etc etc?
Or is that the umbrella company's obligation?

Hi Russell,

We do not work on site. We send the operatives (Scaffolders) to site. The responsibility of site safety is that of the construction company and the scaffolding company that we provide to. All of our scaffolders are duty bound to to adhere to all health & safety stipulations onsite as is everyone else. I thought you of all people would understand that.

Regards
Andy

How do you get away with no responsibility for your workers if you are employing them?
If the onus is on your customer why sell "the operative" unnecessary public liability?
How do you send someone to work without a risk assessment?

How do you get away with no responsibility for your workers if you are employing them?
If the onus is on your customer why sell "the operative" unnecessary public liability?
How do you send someone to work without a risk assessment?

Hi Russell,

In regards to public liability, this has nothing to do with the agency you work for its to do with the Umbrella company the operative employs to pay him. I do believe that you can "Opt Out" of the public liability if you do not want it but again the operative would have to contact there umbrella company.

Onsite our operatives work to the risk assessment supplied by the scaffolding company. As our operatives are managed by the client and they work under their supervision.

Russell, Do you expect all scaffolders to bring there own risk assessment to site before arriving at site? Also do all your scaffolders do there own risk assessment or do they work to one you have produced? It works exactly the same for us. Our operatives work to our clients risk assessment. As we haven't visited site before we can not possibly write the required risk assessment.

As a contracts manager i thought you would understand that?

Regards
Andy

Russell, Do you expect all scaffolders to bring there own risk assessment to site before arriving at site? Also do all your scaffolders do there own risk assessment or do they work to one you have produced? It works exactly the same for us. Our operatives work to our clients risk assessment. As we haven't visited site before we can not possibly write the required risk assessment.

Regards
Andy

If a scaffolder works for us he has to work to our RAMS so why don't you have any if he works for you.
I can't see any exemption in the Agency Workers Regs 2010 can you?
Contracts Manager?

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

You can opt out of the umbrella's PL if you show proof of your own PL.

Regards
Andy

If a scaffolder works for us he has to work to our RAMS so why don't you have any if he works for you.
I can't see any exemption in the Agency Workers Regs 2010 can you?
Contracts Manager?

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

You can opt out of the umbrella's PL if you show proof of your own PL.

Russell,

For fear of repeating myself Russell please refer back to my previous post with regards to Risk Assessments.

If you want to debate the AWR and/or risk assessments etc I feel you need to contact either the DWP or the HSE as I am too busy this afternoon to continue this debate.

Regards
Andy

Ooooooh, I can see the first signs of this thread turning ugly.

:amuse:

I'm just in awe that someone got a conversation going on LinkedIn... or was it just a random post. The place is souless, I just do drive-by postings, try and jolly them up a bit ;).

I did have a convo with Ian from Simian the other week - that was nice :).

I tells ya, ya gots to be careful what you say where nowadays!!

Top Bottom