LinkedIn members thoughts on Scaffolders

Actual Messgae:

From Andrew somers (07824774908) Can someone explain to me the mentality of scaffolders........ they do 3 day a week if your lucky and then complain. When they get laid off..........slag everyone off...........Most of them would rather be on the dole than go to work?? some people just amaze me.......

What does everyone else think?

**** 3 days a week... 2's plenty.. shame that gobby **** can't do owt about it... he probably takes it up the arse anyway...

Hello,

Firstly i'd like to apologise. The above quote was mis-judged by myself. Just had a bit of frustration as i had been let down by scaffolder numerous time last week and over the last 2 years and i think frustration got the better of me.

I would like to know why though some (Not all scaffolders) decide that they can do 3-4 days a week and then complain when they are let go and/or think that they deserve more money.

This kind of thing does only appear to be in the scaffolding world as all the other trades we employ seem to go to work and get on with there jobs with no complaints.

I must also say that i do have some scaffolders on my books that I would employ everyday of the week and are great guys.

Regards
Andy Somers

Actual Messgae:

From Andrew somers (07824774908) Can someone explain to me the mentality of scaffolders........ they do 3 day a week if your lucky and then complain. When they get laid off..........slag everyone off...........Most of them would rather be on the dole than go to work?? some people just amaze me.......

What does everyone else think?

"most of them would rather be on the dole than go to work" , i dont think so Andrew , You might struggle to employ scaffolders now , which will be your own fault.

so you apologise , then tell us we are not as dependable or reliable as other trades , jog on

so 1 guy let u down , not the whole of the scaffolding world.

Last edited:
Full time employment on a company is what most would like. Scaffs life is mainly outdoor work,reliant on weather, Doubt there would be many small companies could afford to pay these losses.Rained off,snowed off. Agencie/Umbrella companies win again

"most of them would rather be on the dole than go to work" , i dont think so Andrew , You might struggle to employ scaffolders now , which will be your own fault.

so you apologise , then tell us we are not as dependable or reliable as other trades , jog on

so 1 guy let u down , not the whole of the scaffolding world.

We've been telling him that for months:laugh::laugh:

Hello,

Firstly i'd like to apologise. The above quote was mis-judged by myself. Just had a bit of frustration as i had been let down by scaffolder numerous time last week and over the last 2 years and i think frustration got the better of me.

I would like to know why though some (Not all scaffolders) decide that they can do 3-4 days a week and then complain when they are let go and/or think that they deserve more money.

This kind of thing does only appear to be in the scaffolding world as all the other trades we employ seem to go to work and get on with there jobs with no complaints.

I must also say that i do have some scaffolders on my books that I would employ everyday of the week and are great guys.

Regards
Andy Somers

Fair play, we have all had a rant or two nothing spectacular in that. I think it's just the game you are in Andy, smaller firms like mine spend a lot of time effort and cash cultivating our workforce and when push comes to shove we know we have guys we can rely on to get us through. It's not a dig just an observation but what investment do you put into your workforce?

Fair play, we have all had a rant or two nothing spectacular in that. I think it's just the game you are in Andy, smaller firms like mine spend a lot of time effort and cash cultivating our workforce and when push comes to shove we know we have guys we can rely on to get us through. It's not a dig just an observation but what investment do you put into your workforce?

AOM,

If any scaffolder that is working for me needs help with anything i do my best to sort it out for them. If that means subbing them money/ Finding training for them/ Finding digs for them etc. Not much admittedly but anything in my power i will do.

Regards
Andy

Haha good shout AOM
We are all interested to hear what investment you have put into your long-term employed scaff?

But also respect for the apology we all spit the dummy sometime as no ones perfect

Haha good shout AOM
We are all interested to hear what investment you have put into your long-term employed scaff?

But also respect for the apology we all spit the dummy sometime as no ones perfect

Hi Steveo,

As your probably aware agencies are generally used for short term vacancies but if we do get any full time vacancies in we always go to the lads who do a good job first. As regards to training etc i cant honestly say we have a budget for that but i would like to think that when training is needed i do out and try to find the cheapest option for the lads that work for me. Also if they do have to do any specific training i always try to make the client aware that we will increase the lads hourly rate to compensate them for having to get this training. Therefore in the end the end client usually ends up paying for it.

Regards
Andy

Hi Steveo,

As your probably aware agencies are generally used for short term vacancies but if we do get any full time vacancies in we always go to the lads who do a good job first. As regards to training etc i cant honestly say we have a budget for that but i would like to think that when training is needed i do out and try to find the cheapest option for the lads that work for me. Also if they do have to do any specific training i always try to make the client aware that we will increase the lads hourly rate to compensate them for having to get this training. Therefore in the end the end client usually ends up paying for it.

Regards
Andy

Hello Andy

So would I be right in thinking that you rely on other people investing in training for your workforce and you don't train your staff at all?

Hello Andy

So would I be right in thinking that you rely on other people investing in training for your workforce and you don't train your staff at all?

Hi Russell,

You would be correct. I think that is true for all recruitment agencies.

Regards
Andy

As I said, we take them from no hopers and give them the tools to go anywhere and earn a living, hence I expect them to pull me out a hole when required.

Hi Russell,

You would be correct. I think that is true for all recruitment agencies.

Regards
Andy

what is this clown doing on the front page!!!!!!!!!he tells more lies than my gas meter,hes that thick he's rubbishing the lads that keep him in employ delete the two of them.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 AM ----------

As I said, we take them from no hopers and give them the tools to go anywhere and earn a living, hence I expect them to pull me out a hole when required.

have you been in a few holes??

Every fekin week, usually hard graft and crunching the hours in gets me out eventually.

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

As for the other, well.................:embarrest:

time you took a back seat pal and let andy sommers supply you with some labour for two or three days a week as thats his speciality lol.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

can you do anything with miku,mccourt,lustig,samaras do you think lol would be much appreciated

Top Bottom