IS THIS SALMONND FOR REAL /,,Fuckpig

Not trying to stir the pot but here's something to think about.

A lot of scottish people rightly or wrongly bring up North Sea Oil as being the golden goose that is the only thing that the British government are interested in. This puts it into perspective....

Independent Scotland would have £270bn debt pile

Taxpayer Scotland, which is linked to the London-based Taxpayers' Alliance organisation, estimates Scotland's debt could be as high as £189bn, even before taking into account its share of the national debt.
Adding in Scotland's £80bn share of the UK's £940bn national debt suggests it might face a £269bn burden, costing more than £10bn in annual interest payments.
The report by Taxpayer Scotland warns that even with annual oil and gas revenues of £6bn, the country spends £9bn more every year than it generates in revenues.
"Scotland continues to practice Ponzi scheme government, with little sign of any understanding that this can only end in real problems for the public purse – especially if English beneficence is taken out of present balances and even if all oil revenues become Scotland's," said the report.
The Barnett formula hands 10p of every £1 the Government distributes to Scotland. To replace this money at present would require Scotland to borrow £7.5bn every year and Taxpayer Scotland says the country's annual deficit would be "much nearer" to 30pc of GDP than the 15pc calculated by the latest Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland report.

At last....Someone gets it!! I was waiting for a post like this....It is quite accurately estimated that the subsidy to Scotland is in the region of £19 billion per annum (The average public spend is around £1600 per person more than England) which the Scottish would have to raise themselves, I personally believe they could manage this....to start with...but typical of most politicians they only think short term....In 20-30 or even 50 years time when the black gold runs out the country will be in a dire position.
I think the more pertinent question should be "Do the English want Scotland as part of the Union?" Because in the long run if they remain part of it they are just going to became more of an economic mill stone.

My twopenneth for what its worth.

t's oil that gives Aberdeen a special status in the litany of national grievances. Early in the North Sea bonanza, Scottish nationalists argued that the gusher of cash could be used in one of two ways: to prop up the British economy or to transform Scotland: "What do you want to be, rich Scots or poor Brits?" That question was settled decades ago – by a woman from Grantham.

"Margaret Thatcher destroyed British industry, and she paid off the unemployed with benefits using North Sea oil," says Allan MacAskill, a petroleum engineer for more than 30 years. MacAskill is not a dispassionate observer – he joined the SNP when he was 18, and has a brother, Kenny, in the Scottish cabinet – but on this issue he seems to be voicing the local consensus.

Who is propping who up?

Aberdeen the Oil Capital of Europe---what a feckin joke---

Scotland in General and Aberdeen and the North of Scotland in Particular has received little to no benefits from the Oil and Gas Revenue...

As I said in my previous Post---Scotland will only achieve Independence when she becomes a liability to Westminster...

I agree mate.
Im getting pissed off with the old 'Sweaty Socks' on the Forum posting shiite about stuff they have no clue about.

It needs decent Englishmen like yourself to come here and put things right! :D :eek: :D

OH Flower of Scotland.
When will we seeeeeee,your likes agaeeeen. Haha

SALMOND AND HIS WEE BOOT NICOLA SHOULD HANG NOT JUST THEIR HEADS,THEY ARE ONLY OUT FOR SELF GAIN AND BLAME WESTMINSTER FOR ALL THE WOES OF SCOTLAND.
AS FOR THE ONCE GREAT BRITAIN THERE ARE 2 ENGLANDS AND ANYTHING OUTWITH THE SOUTH EAST IS FECKED LIKE IT OR NOT.
ALL MAJOR INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS ARE BASED IN THE HOME COUNTIES,THE VERY NAME TELLS YOU SOMETHING.
WHY ARE THERE SO MANY TRAVELLING MEN FORM SCOTLAND,YORKSHIRE,LIVERPOOL THE NORTH EAST AND CUMBRIA IT IS BECAUSE OF THE GROCERS DAUGHTER AND IT IS THAT LEGACY WHICH MUST BE CORRECTED BEFORE BRITTANIA CAN CLAIM HER RIGHTFULL PLACE AMONGST THE GREAT NATIONS OF THE WORLD AGAIN.:cry:

Nae si Daftscaff

Well said that Man there are two England s, the Home Counties and the REST OF US WHO HAVE TOO MAKE THE BEST OF A BAD SITUATION...

TARE IT UP AND START AGAIN :cool:

OH Flower of Scotland.
When will we seeeeeee,your likes agaeeeen. Haha

That fought and died for your wee bit hill and glen
and stood before him proud Edwards Armies
and sent him homeward to think again

and all that from an Englishman LOL

Away from the politics....Music....Worth keeping Scotland in the union just for the great bands the country produces...Snow Patrol, Biffy Clyro to name just two that get a regular blasting on my CD :D

You canny whack a bit of the proclaimers at new year when your full of the golden nectar. ;)

What about them silly c,unts looking down the railtrack , Proclaimers :laugh:

Legends in my book mate....Ginger, four eyed, scottish and still had the balls to get up on stage!! :D I must admit I dont mind Letter From America...Great tune :D

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

you canny whack a bit of the proclaimers at new year when your full of the golden nectar. ;)

too right!!!

Never a dry eye in the hoose at new year with that one.:laugh:

we should all meet up n aom could maybe sing a proclaimers song for us n see how many tears r fallin, i'm sure the only tears will be from laughter tho lol

You will not get an argument from me on that front. The only time I sing is at the football and I've got 50k backing singers.;)

Top Bottom