Is there a purpose to 3 (yes 3) check/supplementary fittings?

Nawww! wasnt me that scarred you a gotta me mixed up wiv someother aom,I dont argue wiv people that know more than me.:laugh: If I had to do a hanga ide want 6 fekin checks and treble harnes

Seen one today and who ever built it must have read this thread as the puncheon was checked on the bottom.:laugh::laugh:

Naw it wasn't but I will mention it in my report.;)

can only think its from the same train of thought that is used on quikstage loadbays??where the standards are topped out needs to be spliced or a horrendous little bolt through the holes(like that would make a diffrence)but your right,your actually checking a check thats checking the original checker,hse eh?

There spliced to prevent uplift from forklift, seen it happen where toppers haven't been spliced and forklift has caught ledger partially collapsing a loading bay:amazed

I suppose it depends who is driving but did see an agent try and lift a pallet on to a loading bay but it was with a wheeled machine and they have a fair bit of steel lower than the forks and he destroyed to bearers on a system bay. He came out a bit sheepish and asked me to bill him for a couple of scaffs day works to pay for the damage.:laugh:

Nawww! wasnt me that scarred you a gotta me mixed up wiv someother aom,I dont argue wiv people that know more than me.:laugh: If I had to do a hanga ide want 6 fekin checks and treble harnes

they call you the octopus dont they frederik 8 feking lanyards

I suppose it depends who is driving but did see an agent try and lift a pallet on to a loading bay but it was with a wheeled machine and they have a fair bit of steel lower than the forks and he destroyed to bearers on a system bay. He came out a bit sheepish and asked me to bill him for a couple of scaffs day works to pay for the damage.:laugh:

we now have to do loading bays like this because the loadall driver picked up a pallet of brick on a loading bay and handnt got folks threw enought lifted it up and the full pallet dropped on to the inside of the scaffold form about 10ft higher it dropped about 2ft and since then had these loading bays .....dont stop **** dirver droping bricks on a lift rather than the bay ahahahh

Do the drivers do all sorts of refreshers?

To be honest, I have met more good one's than bad but the bad tends to stick in the mind.

Do the drivers do all sorts of refreshers?

To be honest, I have met more good one's than bad but the bad tends to stick in the mind.

aye the normall fellas top dog like not to hard on a loading bay thow done it me sell :cool: had 1 young lad on a diffrent site driving the load all and the other divier could get a 2 pack of 50 boards on the back then bang another 2 on top of them on the back of a pick up with about 3 inch front to spare had this oyung lad try was moving pick up back and forwud ended up just sliding them in to possition me sell and him just lowering the folks :mad: arms like arney

To be fair to him there is a knack. I have tried it a few times and can do it but like most things it's not pretty.:laugh:

To be fair to him there is a knack. I have tried it a few times and can do it but like most things it's not pretty.:laugh:

wid a folk lift theres nothing i crnt do i can get 13ft boards on 12ft back lol folk lift trucks arnt to bad but the loadalls i can imagine to be a night mare nearlt had a stilly of 10ft come over wid me the other day feking pot holes in the yard when lifting it to go over the wagon must of been 44oc lol did my arse nip

We have a wee 2 ton counter balance in the yard and as you say millimetre perfect with the side shift, the load alls are a bit different. The first shot I had years back working for Tarmac in Coulport and the only way we could work late was if someone could drive the machine. Right away I stuck up my hand and told them I was an expert despite never sitting in one and turned it over in a dip I thought was a puddle but it turned out to be a bloody big hole. Never got to work late again.:laugh:

The load is delivered by forklift, I don't know the exact measurements but they are standard for building sites, a pallet with bricks/blocks and a bucket of muck. I think the drawing itself even shows diagrams of what it can take (though I still haven't got it to hand sorry)

Is this saying in normal circumstances there should only be one supplementary fitting, and one check (though you could have both together?)

Thanks as always for your replies.

Reading your question and not sure if it one or two questions?
1) Yes it says in normal circumstances there should only be one supplementary fitting
2) Yes it says in normal circumstances there should only be one check fitting.

3) Remember they perform different tasks.
4) I would thus assume that should you be in a position where for instance you have a hanger that needs two structural fittings then you would still need to add the check.
regards
Alan

Some realy great information on this thread especially in Alan's explanation.

I think I have learned a bit more this morning, Thanks guys.

Also having trouble with the trannies hitting the wall and pushing it out of plumb because even though it feels solid when the forks load it,the presco swivs on the bracing have to much play in them,I know the answers pull it trannies off but still it doesn't seem to happen with forged swivs,also a question on using a ladder beam across the front and back of it,we've got a shitload in the yard and would it reduce transoms and bracing as twenty trannies to a loading bay is getting ridiculous

Also having trouble with the trannies hitting the wall and pushing it out of plumb because even though it feels solid when the forks load it,the presco swivs on the bracing have to much play in them,I know the answers pull it trannies off but still it doesn't seem to happen with forged swivs,also a question on using a ladder beam across the front and back of it,we've got a shitload in the yard and would it reduce transoms and bracing as twenty trannies to a loading bay is getting ridiculous

give top or bottom stabndard side of the swivel a little twist of center takes any shake out of althow i dont know how it will affect the performance of the fitting but we done all put them on stright all the time any how :laugh:

Reading your question and not sure if it one or two questions?
1) Yes it says in normal circumstances there should only be one supplementary fitting
2) Yes it says in normal circumstances there should only be one check fitting.

3) Remember they perform different tasks.
4) I would thus assume that should you be in a position where for instance you have a hanger that needs two structural fittings then you would still need to add the check.
regards
Alan

I understand thank you for clearing that up.

I feel a wiser man :D

Come on, I was scarred for life you didn't believe me that a swivel might be in certain situations but probably not in this case a load bearing fitting.;) It was a while back and can't be bothered looking back to be honest.:embarrest:

Swivel is a loadbearing coupler.
There was some back and forth when the swivel was reduced to 3.6 on a class A and 5.5 on a class B.
When they published TG20:08 Volume 2 this is the values shown although both couplers were to mu knowledge reinstated as 6.1 and 9.1 respectively.

You may wish to check that locally!
regards
Alan

Top Bottom