If you can see this have you got any ideas.

aom , what span are you talking?

I need to take proper measurements Clarkey but I would guess maybe 10 meters but that would only bring us in to a fire escape and again at a guess I would say we would maybe need another 4 meters of span to clear that, maybe not quite that but near enough. The biggest problem with spanning it all is that we would still be around 2 meters away from the wall because of the stairwell we have to go round.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

Sorry mate no pics. We fixed then to wall and used the outside upright for the standard, then fixed a readylock transom on the beam and spurd back down to the bottom of beam. We fixed it in stone like you got to do and it was holding all the slate and the temp roof no problem. Where u from aom? I've got drawings in yard could get hold of if your local to Yorkshire.

I get what you mean Gary and would have loved a sneaky peak at your drawing but we are miles away in the west coast of Scotland. Thanks very much for your kind offer though.

I think that sounds like a peach of an idea, we don't use readylocks but doubles would do the same job. I need to get a grip of a reasonable designer now.

Top Bottom