If you can see this have you got any ideas.

haha, it's bad Paddy but will look a treat once the builder is finished.

was gonna put my 2 pennies in alister but most of the main idea are taken- sometimes my friend u really gotta ask yourself is the reward worth the hassle, unless you can get a really good price , i think i'd walk and letsomeone else have the headache

Unfortunately I priced it months ago during a Benny Flynn moment thinking some sort of blue sky moment would hit me like a revelation and all would become clear. Unfortunately when it became clear we were getting the job I realised it won't be as simple as I may have thought and in all honesty can't remember how I priced it but I did allow for a full gable scaffold which turns out won't be needed so swings and roundabouts. Also, like Ally McCoist, AOM don't do walking away either.;)

prides a wonderfull thing Al, but wont keep u outa court if it goes tiitsup without a drwg lolol

All kidding aside mate, looking at the pics (Who.s a clever wee laddie then) there is additional new works been added, Extractor flue, new downcomers, and those joists look a bit beefy.Who and how were these jobs done ?

As one post mentioned earlier, could you not put a Vertical shore underneath, put a Mat on the roof then get a few Anchors and Ties in, to spread the impact load, instead of just relying on the One case scenario of dont stand on the roof it is going to break !!!!!!!!!!!!

Naw I will get a drawing, just wanted a bit of input to see what my options were when the designer asked how I wanted to build it.

Who do you use?

check the details in the legend on that loading bay grwg i sent you his name and numbers on there he can do it via your pics and drwgs instead of site visits average turnaround about 2 weeks - paddys got the best option -when all else is said and done do em all lolo

All kidding aside mate, looking at the pics (Who.s a clever wee laddie then) there is additional new works been added, Extractor flue, new downcomers, and those joists look a bit beefy.Who and how were these jobs done ?

As one post mentioned earlier, could you not put a Vertical shore underneath, put a Mat on the roof then get a few Anchors and Ties in, to spread the impact load, instead of just relying on the One case scenario of dont stand on the roof it is going to break !!!!!!!!!!!!

It's 2 different kitchens Paddy and the floor room inside is very limited. Kitchen units all round the outside so no chance of beefing up from below, that was the first question I asked when I first saw it. Also, the roof is far from the strongest, it may look substantial but the tin is hiding a multitude of sins. We will get it, it will be a good job I'm just not 100% sure how best to achieve it.

Glad you like the pics.:cool:

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

check the details in the legend on that loading bay grwg i sent you his name and numbers on there he can do it via your pics and drwgs instead of site visits average turnaround about 2 weeks - paddys got the best option -when all else is said and done do em all lolo

I have a couple of options but mostly down South, not many options up here might even have one in Ireland. 2 weeks is fine I finally have a bit of time for this one.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 PM ----------

I use Rolf Harris, "Can you tell what it is yet" ? ;)

haha, aye very good Paddy.:laugh:

we want the pics afterwards lolo - no excuses , we'll all be waiting wiv baited breath lol

haha, that thought came to me half way through this thread.:eek:

My camera was starting to play up today.:cool:

Agreed. It's the way of our world now though, even after the re write this would require it. Worse still if SP holds me to posting pics of the finished article.:eek:

We did one using Apollo shear brackets fixed in pairs to wall with excallibers. And a ladder beam upright with double spurs at each upright. Held two temporary roofs up full of snow. Well strong brackets and easy to fix

Hi aom new to posting on here but here go's can u build a tower up the right hand side of the pic then 2 or 3 rows of band and plate on the wall facing the tower with a punching up to catch your beams off at height needed? The same on the othere side then cantilever the middle with 2 rows of band and plate in to wall but only if you can get up ther to drill in to wall lol ats my go with pics you have lol

Yeah agreed Davie the pics are rubbish and the explanation probably worse but the solution will be something like that for sure although I did like the sound of Gary's vertical beams.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, sorry I have not been in touch further but will gather what I promised and get it to you. I hope all is well your end.

Cheers m8 gettin there now got my pick up n stuff havint made the jump yit lol did jobs like this in the past always just used band and plate with tubes for cantilever didint had probs with it but its your ass on the line lol

Sorry mate no pics. We fixed then to wall and used the outside upright for the standard, then fixed a readylock transom on the beam and spurd back down to the bottom of beam. We fixed it in stone like you got to do and it was holding all the slate and the temp roof no problem. Where u from aom? I've got drawings in yard could get hold of if your local to Yorkshire.

Top Bottom