If you can see this have you got any ideas.

You'll have to be careful of the loads into the stonework with cantilevered platforms and try to try and keep on the good side of the clients S.E.

Aom it aint worth the stress , let some cowboy do it for next to nothing and go get a round of golf in :)

the combi safe one will do the same thing but much more expensive.
if you have concerns about the wall just double up on the anchors. the last time i got them mde they were about £4 each and you would need no more then 12 by my reckoning.

dont think that the combi safe is wide enough either

Yeah fair enough. I have seen these plates advertised somewhere but can't remember where. I have no idea how much the wall could take or even how much it would need to take so hence the designer, I suppose chemical is the way to go. I thought maybe trying to bolt a beam straight to the wall using your method and maybe spurring a job up off that but might go back down when the light is better and take a flask and twenty fags for a wee think.

I always seem to get on better when the truck is beside the job ready to go, some jobs you can have too much time to plan things out.:unsure:

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 PM ----------

Aom it aint worth the stress , let some cowboy do it for next to nothing and go get a round of golf in :)

Just the man for the job Phil but it's one of they ones, you have to take the crap with the cream. Your right though, it aint worth the stress but the next will probably be a straight run that will bore me to tears, never fekin happy.

Yeah fair enough. I have seen these plates advertised somewhere but can't remember where. I have no idea how much the wall could take or even how much it would need to take so hence the designer, I suppose chemical is the way to go. I thought maybe trying to bolt a beam straight to the wall using your method and maybe spurring a job up off that but might go back down when the light is better and take a flask and twenty fags for a wee think.

I always seem to get on better when the truck is beside the job ready to go, some jobs you can have too much time to plan things out.:unsure:

The closer to the top of the wall,the less it'll take a fixing,like phillios says it aint worth the stress,get down the pub lad:toung:

haha, I know your both right but I also know I will be doing this one. First time I've heard that one about the closer to the top but common sense when you think about it. A few test bolts will reveal all.

Speaking of bolts, I have discovered the single thread bolts which work a dream compared to the so called speed double thread.:cool:

Didnt know places like this still existed aom especially in your neck of the woods, easiest way to go about this is forget the roof and get the demo boys in LOL

This is a wee village about 20 miles or so from here and believe me they have a few of them. Back in the day we would just throw unit beams onto window cills and build of it but as you know.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Here is one I found from back in the day.:embarrest:

Captured2006-9-1000005.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 PM ----------

Captured2006-9-1000006.jpg

you could still do that and use the back anchor plates through the last chord to keep it from moving.

There it is, you can't all be wrong. I'm off.:cool:

if ya can get get 2 standards in your sorted use your imagination . fook designs use the window ledges ,the garden wall or anything else you can sit a tube on . looks a good old fashioned challenge . beats a boring straight forward job every time

That looks fine just use some wall plates or band and plates to take some of the stress of the sills , or better still get an engineer to design it for you ,and price it from there , just tell your customer it has to be designed :)

PICT0038.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

PICT0035-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

I should have mentioned the view in pictures 3 and 4 are from the rear of a cafe and the girls house is at the back which means that is a fire escape and any horse built there would obstruct the access. We could maybe set it back further but the span would be huge.

Im no Designer, nor an Engineer... but:

I would use Chemical Resin and Excalibur Bolts with Band and Plate.
Tie the Scaffold in straight into the brickwork and use Beams over all the bits you need to, tying in with the same method where ever i could...

The Chem-resin set as hard as concrete and will take almost any weight you can think of.

Maybe tie the inside Beam in off the Band and Plate in the wall? and drill another tie in higher up and Spur down to pick up your outside Beam - and tie both Beams together with Tubes and Doubles?

If you know what i mean? - Punch your Scaffold up entirely off the Chem-resin Band and Plate ties?
Should work a treat. ;)

Though, legally, im no Engineer, so it dont matter. :D

Can I just say, you're all wrong.

Bolts in the wall?
Cantilevers?
Horses?
Combisafe?

Just call Ben Flynn

He'd smash lumps up and do it with 21' ladder beams

Charge the customer £10k and get some other firm to do it.With the money your going to make go on holiday and turn your phone off.

Charge the customer £10k and get some other firm to do it.With the money your going to make go on holiday and turn your phone off.

Certainly the best suggestion I have heard so far.

Top Bottom