If you can see this have you got any ideas.

aom

Reaction score
I know it's a design job but was looking for ideas before I approach a designer. I know I will get ripped to bits for the quality of the pictures but I am hoping you will get the idea. If you think they are bad you should have seen the one's I didn't post.:embarrest:

FFS

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

PICT0037-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

PICT0036-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

PICT0039-1.jpg

PICT0038.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

PICT0035-1.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

I should have mentioned the view in pictures 3 and 4 are from the rear of a cafe and the girls house is at the back which means that is a fire escape and any horse built there would obstruct the access. We could maybe set it back further but the span would be huge.

Is all that wriggley tin staying put or this it all getting stripped?

I'm afraid it's staying put. It houses the kitchen of a couple of carry out places and will be going no where. The flats how ever rotten have tenants living in them so no chance of coming out the window and the only real solution I have is bolting it to the wall but even that will be tough.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

what's under the corrugated roofs? are they just out-buildings, or part of the house?

All very very light weight Sparkylynch, even standing on it will be dodgy.

I'm afraid it's staying put. It houses the kitchen of a couple of carry out places and will be going no where. The flats how ever rotten have tenants living in them so no chance of coming out the window and the only real solution I have is bolting it to the wall but even that will be tough.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

All very very light weight Sparkylynch, even standing on it will be dodgy.

i guessed, but was going down the route of temporarily removing them ,but your previosu post knocked that on the head - what do you need access to? just roof edge, or full repointing, etc?

It's a re roofing job Damo, sorry I should have explained it better. There is a fair bit of work to be done on this building. The front elevation is very straight forward, the gables are nothing to worry about either as all they are really needing is a bit of edge protection and maybe a wee throw in to let them cover the stone skew in lead. The roof is shot to bits including the timber sarkin below which will all be getting replaced so would imagine they would require a full working platform but come to think about it nothing has been specified.

Whats the internal structure of the rest of the 1st floor like? Would it be possible to horse out from the windows?

The flats how ever rotten have tenants living in them so no chance of coming out the window

I wish.:(

aom,could you drill anchors into the lintels above the windows,then hang down trapezes
off the hilti rings all checked off course.
then erect a horse out on the grounds where nearest to the building.
then span the distance with rsjs or universal beams,then erect your scaffolding off it.
the steels would rest on the trapezes with graveloks.

Is it possible to span it with 750mm beams?failing that,i would tell the client the cost will be prohibitive,and persuade him to accept edge protection lol,feckin tin sheet roofs do your head in,see their faces when you tell them you've got to accrow all the underneath:laugh::laugh:

Sounds like a whole lot of hurting but yes I think it could be done. Just got an e-mail from another user who has sent me info on a combi safe system that looks interesting. Never seen it before but looks like something you just bolt to the wall.

Is it the end brackets for the 750 beams? Bolts to wall using 3 M14s?

use back anchor plates through the back of a band and plate.

basically an infill piece that then screws threw into a hilti anchor. you need the bands with two holes in them not the single ones.
you can then run a ledger through, from there just drop of it and punch out from it.
quick and simple solution if the wall will take it.

To be honest I wasn't exactly sure what I was looking at but went on the web site and found this, anyone used anything like it.

Hanging Platform

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

use back anchor plates through the back of a band and plate.

basically an infill piece that then screws threw into a hilti anchor. you need the bands with two holes in them not the single ones.
you can then run a ledger through, from there just drop of it and punch out from it.
quick and simple solution if the wall will take it.

That's pretty much what I was thinking but what do you reckon to the combi safe thing, could be simpler.

Your wall needs to be sound to take the combi safe,i bet the roofer will love that one haha

the combi safe one will do the same thing but much more expensive.
if you have concerns about the wall just double up on the anchors. the last time i got them mde they were about £4 each and you would need no more then 12 by my reckoning.

dont think that the combi safe is wide enough either and will only come in specific sizes doesnt show returns either they might be a chew.

Last edited:
Top Bottom