how long to do this

Allan 2000 x 21 comes to 58 tonne mate that sounds like a hell of a lot of kentledge that alone comes to 6 X 18 tonne lorry loads an you say there is more shorter stuff as well , thats gonna take 3 good men best part of a day a load are you sure your firm are aware of just how much gear is involved

we have checked 3 times and this is right , the length of the jobs total about 230 foot . with a continuos 125 tube in the base and 54 in the roof . it doesnt say the tubes have to be 21 s but then you will be using even more i you use short . the short ones i mentioned are for the small returns . this is the general standard of the drawings we are given , as iv said before there are rumours rolf harris is doing them "can you guess what it is yet"

How high is the job allan ?

what is it based out on and is there a danger of it sinking with that sort of weight on it ?

Last edited:
theres 24 days in the back weight never mind building the tw@ts so my 3 wks is fooked thats a month and a week

Id show him this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_D-LmRNdQiQ]YouTube - Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport - sang by Rolf Harris[/ame]

See he's even holding a long en....

can you not use water bags,then fill them up with hose.:cool:that way will save you some time.:eek:

The road is long, with many of winding turns
That lead us to (who knows) where, who knows where?
But I'm strong, strong enough to carry it - Oh yeah
it ain't heavy - he's my monkey

So long we go, his welfare is my concern
no burdon is he to bear, we'll get there
But I know he would not encumber me

If I'm leaving at all, if I'm leaving with sadness
that everyone's heart isn't filled with the gladness
of love for one another.

It's a long, long road, from which there is no return
While we're on the way to there, why not share?
And the long doesn't way me down at all

the job is 3 metres high with 3 short lifts in it, built with double arms and the roof is 4metre steel ladder beams.i know that this job is the biggest pi$$ take of all time and proves that certain people have no clue whatsoever about scaffolding . i m going to get them to read this when im finished . this isnt a one off

"WHAT" 3 meters high something so so so wrong there mate , cant it be cross braced and plan braced , i thought you was gonna say it was 5 lifts high , cant you have quiet word with your firm and ask them to get a second opinion , iam sure if they asked some of the designers here they would tell you if this is an unreasonable amount of gear or not and might give you some advice as to an alternative method

We build jobs on the coast down here winds up to 90mph. Seen some without kickers, no raker towers, 5-6 lifts high. Never seen one blowing down the road though!!

Designer gone completely mad.

High winds in 86 or 87 never seen a raker tower on a roof not many flew past my window then either. :nuts:

As soon as you involve a designer it all goes horribly wrong, these guy's have to cover their backside as well.

hope you ante got to stagger the standards at 3 metres otherwise the gezzer wants a ton of sleeves to go with them 21s more humping lol.

welcome back AOM how was the golf.

The golf was terrific Steve as was everything else to be honest, mainly down to getting away from the snow and ice and feel the sun on the back again. I think we will be going back next year especially if the winters are going to be like this.

right then all together the job is about 230 foot long x 3 short lifts , the roof is also 230 foot long with steel ladder beams every standard all erected properly to the drawing , with plan braces ties etc . also we have to ranch board the 230 foot . this is before the 2000 tube kentlage , the massive walk , tipping every wagon by hand , driving 2 hours each way for free ,3 hour induction for free . please every one give me a rough estimate on the time for this job so i can ring him and get him to look at this.

Sorry allan if I was asked to price that it would be time and lime I'm afraid. I think sitting here in a warm house I would expect 5 guy's to be there or there about in 2 weeks but would allow 3 weeks up and 7 day's down.

Don't slaughter me as I've been away and could be a mile out.:laugh:

---------- Post added at 08:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Oh it's all gone quiet over there.......... I must have been a mile out then.:cool:
I'm still not getting out the calculator on a Friday night though.:D

Last edited:
Top Bottom