Has the forum been hacked or something (weird pop ups)

BetterTAX

Reaction score
Is it me or has anyone else been getting ilivid.com pop ups (telling me my download is ready) every time I look at a thread?

I've been on the laptop all morning doing other stuff and it's only when I came to scaffs forum it started.

Is it me or has anyone else been getting ilivid.com pop ups (telling me my download is ready)

Me - No Pop Ups like that all morning.

Last edited:
Ian, I mean jonnybegood would be able to tell you how to remove it.

Thanks, guys. Seems OK now. Maybe it was a coincidence although looking up ilivid it seems it is a no-no.

I just finished running malwarebytes and all seems squeeky clean :).

It has nothing got to do with the forum at all, these are all cookies stored on your computer, cookies store information about recent web sites you have visited, that’s why you are seeing all these advertisements, you will especially see all of these adds if you are torrenting illegal music etc.,

Here is a valid definition of a cookie: A cookie is a piece of text that a web server can store on a user's hard disk, Cookies allow a Web site to store information on a user's machine and later retrieve it. The pieces of information are stored as name-value pairs.
For example, a Web site might generate a unique ID number for each visitor and store the ID number on each user's machine using a cookie file.
If you use Microsoft's Internet Explorer to browse the Web, you can see all of the cookies that are stored on your machine. The most common place for them to reside is in a directory called c: windows-cookies. When you look in that directory on your computer, each file is a text file that contains name-value pairs, and there is one file for each Web site that has placed cookies on your machine.
You can see in the directory that each of these files is a simple, normal text file. You can see which Web site placed the file on your machine by looking at the file name (the information is also stored inside the file). You can open each file by clicking on it and delete it.
Or just disable cookies in your browser, there are various methods depending on the browser you use. But be aware a lot of web sites use cookies for advertising and browsing content. If you disable it you might not be able to view some content as most web sites require cookies to view rich content. You can also enable or disable pop up’s and set your IE security zone to the highest level..

And for the umpteen time. I am not Ian or Steve .

amd i am notcalled Robart. its the same

Can you say something positive in the thread? I don’t give a monkey whether you are banana or not, But one thing I have noticed is some days you type like a child ,other days you type like a very well educated person. Other days you are dyslexic and some days you are 14 years of age and other days you are 16...
So tell me what’s your story? Your dads a scaffolder…(can he not get you work)
I can safely say you are Robert..

i was helpeing you an i am trying to joine in. i dont now much about scaffholding yet. and i now my dad was a scaff calld Mathew but i dont now him at all

some days are easieer but others arnt i have dyslexia and problems with wordes after i had meningitis at 1 yr old. i donte find school easybut physically i am ok an i am not stupid and i am 14 but thoughte i neede to be 16 to learn scaffing

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

and yestedy you said i wasnte him so what do u now?

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

you said this... He is not Robert. His grammar is all over the place. Plus Saff-sales said he contacted him and the lad was looking for an apprentice. The lad is meant to be only 16…I also accused him last night of being Robert..

???

i was helpeing you an i am trying to joine in. i dont now much about scaffholding yet. and i now my dad was a scaff calld Mathew but i dont now him at all

some days are easieer but others arnt i have dyslexia and problems with wordes after i had meningitis at 1 yr old. i donte find school easybut physically i am ok an i am not stupid and i am 14 but thoughte i neede to be 16 to learn scaffing

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

I wonder. I see you have learned how to be offline, if you are 16 and you genuinely are not Robert I wish you all the luck in finding job scaffolding .
A word of advice though, if you forget things very easy SCAFFOLDING is not the game for you to be getting into. You have to be on your toes all the time, remember what you done last, did I tighten this loosen that? Good luck whatever you decide.
;)

---------- Post added at 03:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

you said this... He is not Robert. His grammar is all over the place. Plus Saff-sales said he contacted him and the lad was looking for an apprentice. The lad is meant to be only 16…I also accused him last night of being Robert..

???

That was until other members quoted you were trying to pm them all the time, that’s what Banana use to do all the time…

thank u :eek:

i use invisbl becase i was told its safest

i juste want helpin and freinds :D

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

was robart banana?

i used this like fbook but its not the saime

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:41 PM ----------

thank u

I use norton its the best 2013

pc world £24 use on 3 pc,s

Anti-virus is a waste of time, all they are is bloat ware and money making scams. Norton is the worst of the lot. If you know your way around a computer and know were .exe files hind in your registry you will never need an Anti-virus. (A lot of reading and learning) I have never used an anti-virus in the last 10 yrs.

Anti-virus is a waste of time, all they are is bloat ware and money making scams. Norton is the worst of the lot. If you know your way around a computer and know were .exe files hind in your registry you will never need an Anti-virus. (A lot of reading and learning) I have never used an anti-virus in the last 10 yrs.

Excellent advice jbg I hope my secretary gets on the case pronto.

Great advice jonny .

Top Bottom