happy hammer hitters

Its The Same Timescale To Be Carded For Tube Or System,I Did My Parts One And Two In Tube And Did The System Add Ons, You Can Do A Part One Or Two In System Which Means You Are Only Competent In That System(Cuplock,Kwikstage Or Whatever) There Is No Advanced System Card So Sorry Mate Your Talking Out Your Hard Hat There.Most Of The Blokes Who Do A Part One Or Two In System Are Put Through By Either Sgb Or Interserve. It Has To Be The Set Timescale In Order To Achieve The Nvq.

Are you saying system is as skillful as T/F then ?? I know in Scotland ( defo Aberdeen ) they seem to use system all over the sites )

Yeh.... no one can seriously say system is as good.. noisy as **** aswell...:nuts:

Yeh.... no one can seriously say system is as good.. noisy as **** aswell...:nuts:

It certainly isn't. It may be faster or better suited for certain applications (new builds) but it isn't as adaptable.

One point though, whether you served your time on T/F or System and T/F I don't think there's any difference in the level of skill each scaffolder has. It's the experience/knowledge gained afterwards the shapes the scaffolder.

I Started Scaffolding In 1978 Before Hard Hats And Boots Were Compulsory,And Im Learning Every Day Something Different,And To Be Honest Im Just A Little Bit Pi**ed Off At The Attitude Of A Few Blokes On Here,I Always Thought First And Foremost We Were Scaffolders But It Would Seem That There Is A Difference Between Tube Scaffolders And System Scaffolders,Divide And Conquer Is It Gents?

Today I seen a chimney scaffold done out of timber, a good proper neat job, everything plumb, level. roof saddle, double guard rails , toe boards, stood looking at it and could'nt fault it, obviously put up by a carpenter. My point is a proper trained and qualified man can always do a good job with the materials he's trained to use.

Last edited:
Gerscaf mate,just a good old fashioned debate,going on and on and on and on. My opinion for what its worth, took me at least 5 minutes to learn how to erect some forms of system, still learning about t&f 30 yrs later. no tickets in either by the way.

Once you base out with system, you can throw your level away and get your hammer out. that sounds cool the timber saddle though...

deb,that does sound interesting:amazed:I bet its a roof garden with decking, brandy,did you see what the access was, staircase with spindles lol

Last edited:
Frederik I kid you not it was so neat and if he had of stained it with ronseal, it could have been left up as permanent roof decking.

You know im jesting brandy,I am constantly amazed at the ingenenuity of some people out there.You got to post a pic.

Top Bottom