happy hammer hitters

Hi Mate, realise that deb, sometimes like to try and ruffle a few, however, Transoms on load bearing fittings dont see that much in the UK.:D
Whats that about matey????????

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

You on about Double to double ??????

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

Mills 90's, and Aberdeens where appropiate.[/QUOTE]

Yes Paddy,
The proper way with Aberdeens as B+P not available.
I have been pleasantly surprised at the Aussie way with T/F. Another nail in the "Brits are the best scaffs" coffin ???

HSWT, Presco have started making the B+P, would be worth checking them out, eliminate the Aberdeen transom, saving on time and materials

PS, They will make the Mill's 90 to order.

Last edited:
HSWT, Presco have started making the B+P, would be worth checking them out, eliminate the Aberdeen transom, saving on time and materials

PS, They will make the Mill's 90 to order.

Thanks Brandy,

I remember Salamis having new B+P years ago.

Could the latest scaffs to pass through the CISRS courses manage a Mills 90???

ruffle feathers.. me ?? no way.. lol...

I Cant Believe We Are Still Having This Argument,System Scaffolders Can And Do Use Tube Just Not A Lot Of It,Also Gents, System Is Here To Stay, Someone Once Told Me That 90% Of The Market Is Now System. (Not Just Kwikstage Or Cuplok) But Peri.Haki Etc

System has too many limitations to take over.. never see much in our part of the country.. if it did take over, wages would go right down the pan...

Whilst Tube Is Versatile, Anything That Can Be Done In Tube Can Also Be Done In System.And Why Would Wages Go Down The Pan?. Dont Listen To The Scare Stories,Use The Gear And Form Your Own Judgement.

System is'nt as versatile, and wages would go down because systems no way near as skilled, hence virtually anyone would be able to get qualified to erect it...

Deb, Agree with some of your points, but it seems anyone can get qualifications to erect scaffolding nowadays, plastic qualifications that is.

Talking about all types of scaffolds.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree, but it still takes a minimum of 2 years to get advanced.. system is 10 days I believe..

Yes, I agree, but it still takes a minimum of 2 years to get advanced.. system is 10 days I believe..

Might be able to get your advanced card in 2 years but in my eyes & probably a thousand other scaffolders eyes you wouldn't be advanced and I wouldn't pay an advanced wage to someone who's only been doing it 2 years!

I agree, but thats the time scale... like it or not... system is way faster to get carded up..

cards cards cards its all about cards, personally i think thats rubbish, time served scaffs out weigh any card

Probably right Deb but around my area I don't see much system in use. maybe spot a bit of yellow jelly on some new build site every now and then. Plus with the system it's all to easy to go missing don't think I could leave a boss tower on someones house for 6 weeks and sleep easy. T&F does go missing but it's a bit harder for someone to get at.

Dont think anyone in their right mind would pay based on cards. We certasinly dont.
Experience counts for everything, problem is without cards most major projects are pretty much impossible now.

A lot of firms up here pay on cards not experiance, bobbins!! Some good lads out of the older bunch on less money than some of the little plant pots that come off these aprentiship schemes after 2 years and think they're gods gift. Some of em can't even handle long !?!

Top Bottom