happy hammer hitters

Cant stand the stuff any of it, all that fu cking "Bang Bang " all day long does my head in , and then you end up having to use tube anyway when you meet an awkward corner, but i can see the advantage of company's using it on sites.

Phill ,If You Lay The Job Out Properly You Shouldnt Have To Use Any Tube At All, Start At The Highest Ground Point With A Sliding Ledger And You Cant Go Wrong Mate.

Cant stand the stuff any of it, all that fu cking "Bang Bang " all day long does my head in , and then you end up having to use tube anyway when you meet an awkward corner, but i can see the advantage of company's using it on sites.
Hi Phil. Your not wrong there,has it's advantages i.e. long straight walls & square corners but also it's disadvantages i.e. lots & lots of little rooms,narrow corridors & awkward corners,to name but a few. And it also helps to have all,if not most of,the bits you need to make the jobs work tidy,coz the adaptabilty & versatility of T&F wins everytime.

Phill ,If You Lay The Job Out Properly You Shouldnt Have To Use Any Tube At All, Start At The Highest Ground Point With A Sliding Ledger And You Cant Go Wrong Mate.

We where on a job last month and some other lads came to erect a tower with Layer on the same site , me and 2 other lads had 120ft x 8ft based out and a second lift x 8ft on boarded and hand rail in near enough the same time it took them to erect a 8ft x 30ft tower , and the amount of bits and pieces they had to have on there lorry was un-real mate. I used kwik form many years ago to build a massive birdcage and it worked very well, like i say i personally think you can never beat the versatility of T/F on street work , you turn up with a big mixed load and just work your way around what ever is there , bay windows , basements , doorways lower roofs etc etc you would need to tow a yard full of system to do that . :bigsmile:

While Tube Is Versatile I Have Done Most Things In System (Multi Storey Blocks,Gas Tanks,Water Storage Tanks) As Well As Housing (New Build And Renovation) And I Can Manage To Erect A Good Tidy Job. I Would Prefer To Use Tube Only But In The Real World It Wont Happen.

T and F = years to learn

system = 5 day course... tops...

TF = scaffolders who can solve and get around many problems
system = cheap foreign labour who havent got a clue

Can u turn a hammer hitter into a scaffolder im trying to turn one the now and running out of patience

Zeus If the lad is willing then surely it's worth the effort we all had to start somewhere, If He does make it then you'll get some satisfaction out of teaching Him the hardest aspect of the game. Good Luck anyway

If your a scaffolder you should be able to use the lot and with ease. The amount of men I have seen over the years who make the job look so hard is unbelieveable.
T+F or system, hangers done out of both should be second nature to most.
Even some great jobs done out of alloy take a look at a company called NSS for example.

Agree with you HSWT, but the ones that have only used system, struggle with T/F. It's not their fault, T/F takes much longer to learn.

Agree with you HSWT, but the ones that have only used system, struggle with T/F. It's not their fault, T/F takes much longer to learn.

Brandy, lets be brutally honest T/F is not rocket science either you can either do it or you cant.
The ones who have to learn T/F are not natural born scaffs and they will always struggle and make an easy job look hard.
After all T/F is a system in itself only the connections are different,
its common sense.

Brandy, lets be brutally honest T/F is not rocket science either you can either do it or you cant.
The ones who have to learn T/F are not natural born scaffs and they will always struggle and make an easy job look hard.
After all T/F is a system in itself only the connections are different,
its common sense.
HSWT, I know you mean a natural born scaffolder as just a figure of speech, in that some are better than others. I go back to the days pre system (widely used) and pre drawings for more complicated jobs, you had to think on your feet, ie, basing out, measurements, widths, etc, and still end up with an adherence to plumb and widths. System makes all that much easier and does'nt require the same skill levels, (my opinion)I could teach a first timer in a week how to put up system, but It would take a lot longer for him to master T/F. Both have their merits and I use both, If I'm doing a straight forward job I'll use system, makes sense as I won't get any more money to do it in T/F and can do it in half the time. But if I have to use T/F, I have to have T/F scaffolders, there is a difference. (my opinion again)

Love the comments guys, however after 33 year twirling on T&F **** that system stuff, :embarrest: I just bought a Impact wrench, 'Ouch' £150.00 PW better off for 2 of us on 'Price' I heard Eshwing do a nice hammer though..........;)

Only having a giraffe guys,,,,, We all need to stick together and no division on our CISRS card, regarding T&F or System, Join the SCCR and see if we can change it.;)

" natural born scaffolder " LMFAO... wtf is one of those...

not really mate.. everyone has to learn...

Top Bottom