happy hammer hitters

zeus

Reaction score
Can u turn a hammer hitter into a scaffolder im trying to turn one the now and running out of patience

you cant make a silk purse out of a sows ear, however, time, patience and by his own endeavorer it might come about...

I take it you mean a chippy into a scaffolder...then NO,chippies & their fellow lowlife brickies are thick as s hit & cant even be trained to sweep boards after they've finished,so no chance at all...

Zeus, some you can, some you can't. I've worked a lot with system scaffold in the last few years and while some guys are good scaffs, others are lost. Seems to be mostly guys who start on system and never got round to doing real scaffolding. They just have zero experience in it and/or are just incapable of learning

May have a chance then,as long as he cant hold a trowel or a nailgun..

What The Feck Do You Mean Bundy (Proper Scaffolding Ruddy Cheek) What Do You Use Working With Interserve,What Does It Say On Your Card Matey Same As Mine Scaffolder You Use Whatever The Firm You Work For Uses,Be It Tube,Kwikstage Or Cuplok If You Are A Scaffolder You Should Be Able To Use Any Of Them Be It Tube Or System.

you have to tell some of them that youve not to hit the fitting way the hammer its a fecking spanner man:wacko::D lol

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

mines says scaffulder is that right

What The Feck Do You Mean Bundy (Proper Scaffolding Ruddy Cheek) What Do You Use Working With Interserve,What Does It Say On Your Card Matey Same As Mine Scaffolder You Use Whatever The Firm You Work For Uses,Be It Tube,Kwikstage Or Cuplok If You Are A Scaffolder You Should Be Able To Use Any Of Them Be It Tube Or System.

You just hit the nail on the head Gerscaff. A scaffolder can use all of them but guys who were introduced to scaffolding via Kwikstage, Cuplok etc. generally have very little experience using tube. It's just a fact mate and not a ruddy cheek :toung: I know boys who are excellent on system but know next to hee haw about T+F. Not their fault, it's just the job they're in.

i was talking to a mate of mine years ago,i asked what he did for a job,he said,im a scaffolder,he only worked with alloy towers,yet he thought he was a scaffolder.in my eyes,t/f is scaffolding.

Whilst I Would Personally Prefer To Use Only Tube,In The Real World It Aint Gonna Happen, If You Want A Bonny Job Use Tube If You Want To Make Money Use System. I Have Worked With Guys Who Are Fabulous Tube And Fitting Scaffolders, But When Using System Their Tom Tucked .Because They Cant Count, And Dont Know What A Return Tranny Is.

Whilst I Would Personally Prefer To Use Only Tube,In The Real World It Aint Gonna Happen, If You Want A Bonny Job Use Tube If You Want To Make Money Use System. I Have Worked With Guys Who Are Fabulous Tube And Fitting Scaffolders, But When Using System Their Tom Tucked .Because They Cant Count, And Dont Know What A Return Tranny Is.

Totally agree mate. TBF though it does seem at times like there's a bit of scaffolding 'snobbery' when some scaffs think "I ain't using that ****"

There Is A Lot Of Snobbery Bundy,And For Why? We All Do The Same Job After All Why On Earth Do Some Blokes Think That Because They Use Tube All The Time Their Scaffolders. I Do The Job Every Day And Have Been For Thirty Years Dosent Make Me Any Less Or More Of A Scaffolder Because I Use Kwikstage On Building Sites, Like I Say I Cant Abide Snobbery.

a tube and fitting scaffolder,earns the right to be called a scaffolder,because of all the cr ap we have the put up with,in any situation.the lads that work only with alloy towers,dont have half of it.most of the time there only two lifts off the floor,when did anyone see an ali tower three hundred ft up on say(the millenium stadium cardiff)or a block of flats done out in it,horses for courses and all that.just my oppinion,of which im entitled to.

I use both T/F and Cuplok. With system it goes up so fast you're going all the time, particularly if its been chained up, thats a reason some dont like it.

Top Bottom