hanging scaffold

I think they were kicking about in the back of Garry's shed.lol

having just read this thread and seen people say it should have a drawing , im wondering about CAD programs , surely theres some sort of program out there that you can bang in your measurements and it could give you a spec/drawing and maybe even calculate the gear needed as well , there must be something like this out there surely

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

lol

having just read this thread and seen people say it should have a drawing , im wondering about CAD programs , surely theres some sort of program out there that you can bang in your measurements and it could give you a spec/drawing and maybe even calculate the gear needed as well , there must be something like this out there surely

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

lol

Of course there is, what do you think estimators, designers, engineers use

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq9WtLGZZVw"]English - Pon Cad software Scaffolding Design CAD 3D - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.ponteggicad.it/software_scaffolding.html

Last edited:

lol

Good luck with your part 2

i wondered why the guy would have to ask the question on here , id be confident i could find a program like that on the web and have the answer to the question quite easily/quickly , i thought like paddy carr said that it was a thread to maybe test peoples knowledge or to see how many smart arse's there are out there , but apparently not

you could sit down with a pen and paper and work it out yourself , well i couldnt but im sure someone could

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

oohh sarcasm , llol , thanks johnny

i wondered why the guy would have to ask the question on here , id be confident i could find a program like that on the web and have the answer to the question quite easily/quickly , i thought like paddy carr said that it was a thread to maybe test peoples knowledge or to see how many smart arse's there are out there , but apparently not

you could sit down with a pen and paper and work it out yourself , well i couldnt but im sure someone could

---------- Post added at 11:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

oohh sarcasm , llol , thanks johnny

Best way to build a job like that mate is fling in your first tube, the rest will fall into place as you erect it, you just make sure you have all different size tube, no need to calculate material(only weight) as the op said the 4 legs were getting done, so I assume he will have a abundance of material, after you do the first one you will know what is needed for the other 3, a good scaff won’t be far wrong with whatever material he calculated from the start

Last edited:
still trying to make up my mind whether i should go to inchinnan tmorrow and chance it , dunno what to do

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

i suppose what this thread does highlight is that theres guys working for muti-nationals and these companies dont have good working practices

still trying to make up my mind whether i should go to inchinnan tmorrow and chance it , dunno what to do

If you’re ready for it why not, what have you too loose only a drive and a few quid on petrol, as you said money talks...

yeah , **** it , im goin , worst can happen is the place is gone , i did the same in december for the 2 day kwikstage , i knew there was 1 place on a course and i turned up at the centre and said i wasnt leaving until i got the place booked , the woman was saying u dont book it here , u have to call down in england , i wouldnt budge and just at that moment colin wilkie appeared and helped me get it booked.

well you want to be getting some sleep ............

Last edited:
thats the problem when u dont work , i usually go to bed when normal people are gettin up

thats the problem when u dont work , i usually go to bed when normal people are gettin up

Why do you not work?

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:04 AM ----------

lol

http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/sca...folding-training-courses/7876-cad-system.html

JB if you turn up at the college tomoro, you will find it shut, we were open today and will return on Wednesday.
Hanx Iain

He said when the scaffold is hung from the top down it is only 10mt from the pontoon, so the easiest way is set your scaffold out on the pontoon take it to the top, of course you must have all your hangers in the right place on the way up, when you reach the top support it so it will hang, now take away your 10mt on the bottom, he said he could not build from bottom because of ballast, there will be no ballast if it’s not submerged in water...(what is friction clamps?)

Sometimes I wonder why!!!

It may be the Petrobras XX111 which if memory serves me right was a 6 legged semi submersible drilling rig. it was painted a horrible mauve/purple colour years ago. It may well be 28 metres from the underdeck to the pontoon but on the extremities the legs reach the edge of the pontoons with approximately less than a metre walkway. When we did it years ago we cantilevered off the pontoons with beams to save coming from the dock bottom. It was a hell of a job making sure we got past the fairings etc.
You not come across friction clamps jonnybegood? useful bit of kit. I tried to get some sent to Australia but they wouldnt let me.

Top Bottom