hanging scaffold (1 Viewer)

Thought this was just a sham thread for the boys to get busy talking, however, seems not...............Designed by calculation, end of.:eek:

Well if you can't work the gear out and how to do it with out a drawing . You shouldn't really be taking this sort of job on !

Sometimes people just need to talk things through with like minded people Charlie, doesn't mean they don't know how to do it just looking for a bit of reassurance and different ideas, well that's what I do.

Well, am I wrong. That is what I do, it's like thinking out loud. I sometimes wish I could post more information but would have to have been a bit more anonymous than I currently am.

Nah many people do it.

Remember many a year ago when I was a wee labourer, we were doing the back of someone's house who had a conservatory, and the 2 scaffolders were debating the best way to do it. The old lady in the house came out and over to me and asked if everything was alright, and to her it sounded like they were going to start fighting! Had to explain that's just how we discuss things in this trade.....

Happened to me a few times , your trying to work out an awkward job and the young lad comes up with the perfect answer

Hope he is better with answers as he is at guiding you in the truck.:eek:

I asked on here as this web site has many scaffolders from all backrounds, the more ideas you have about a job the better, its the same before you start a job. You have a talk. Everyone has their ideas on how to go about it. Then you all go with the best idea, or put all the ideas together to make a good job.

Some people are to proud to ask an opinion.

Thanks for all the feed back

Much like myself Chargo, might not always get the answer you want but at the very least it get's your own thought process firing.

If you give me the job, i'll sort it no bother, as long as your paying digs.

Do you have a brazilian work visa or potuguese passport? If so I can get you work in brazil no problems. Staying in copacabana all expenses payed flights food

Careful Chargo, you could end up crushed in the stampede.:eek:

sounds to good to be true, and i don't have the visa.

If I can get guys with either brazilian nationality, work visa or portuguese passport work. I'll snap them all up as I got loads of work on. If you have any of that. I can get you work, you must have valid tickets, and experiance.

I take it it's nigh on impossible to get a work visa for Brazil?

It takes 3-6 months depending on your backround. They do thorough police checks. Even though this place is the most corrupt place iv worked.

However you if get the visa or have the passports, I can help you. If you know of anyone, who is portuguese or brazilians. Or has the visa I can get work.

Cheers guys

Christiano Ronaldo and Pele might be available??

Seriously on an underdeck hanger why not cut tubes to size of steel webbing and fix with gravlok? Far better than hanging the tubes underneath the steel. If you go on the webbing you can generally fix with doubles as gravloks are not approved in some countries or not available.Not sure about Brazil but cutting tubes cheaper and quicker than importing gravlok.
I assume it may be a Petrobras rig or platform?

In brazil they use either layher or tube and fitting, the fittings they use are mills 90's probably the strongest fitting available, they are all brand new, but as you know the design is old, they don't use flappers/singles out here its all doubles, if you import something into brasil you get taxed something rediculous like 40 percent of the value. Plus import duties, its disgusting.

This job is for dody diamond. They are based in houston texas.

Top Bottom