hanging scaffold

im more than sure most of the lads could give there suggestion on you what you need but now days you need a drawing for that type of job, 10 years ago no problem and the annoying thing is most of the lads on here could do the job with out drawings but its just the way it is now!! how every did we manage before:weird::confused::huh:

Hope the mills aren't speed thread;),must admit it's worrying when ego overtakes design,I get fishing for input we all do that but your asking blokes to help you estimate your gear,how to start your hanger off and then say I will take anyone who can get a visa,what we did before we had design was learn a lot of knowledge from a load of mistakes,advice input I get,planning a design hanger from advice off a website is not what I see as good practice,Something just doesn't sit right for me here!

Hope the mills aren't speed thread;),must admit it's worrying when ego overtakes design,I get fishing for input we all do that but your asking blokes to help you estimate your gear,how to start your hanger off and then say I will take anyone who can get a visa,what we did before we had design was learn a lot of knowledge from a load of mistakes,advice input I get,planning a design hanger from advice off a website is not what I see as good practice,Something just doesn't sit right for me here!

Good post joebag. But to be honest it wont be the first time someone has gone to do a job armed only with some advice he picked up from a bloke in the pub will it?

I think it's a totally different position when your not in a developed country...drawings only mean one thing...EXPENSE !!! I've just done 9 months out on an oil refinery in Aruba and it's owned by an American firm but run by locals. They haven't a clue about scaffolding and neither did the Canadian firm we were working for..so it was a case of your the Scaff and your the professionals, we will go with what you say.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338792434.811115.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1338792455.839844.jpg

i bett it went up no problem.i have always said if you think it needs it put it in. ;)

I think really in so many countries access scaffolding is considered a small spin off of the formwork and falsework for concreting.
Because it is a job where the basics can be learnt so quickly and easily it is not considered as important as mechanical,electrical works etc.
The higher education people have in less developed countries finds them entering the more highly skilled fields leaving scaffolding, masonry, excavation etc for the less qualified.
So just like the UK then?

if you are hanging from the underdeck you will have to have the gravlocks underneath.

No you won’t have to put them on the bottom. You measure the span from one girder to the other- a couple of mill, Cut then your tube to that size and put it on the top along with your sk.

No you won’t have to put them on the bottom. You measure the span from one girder to the other- a couple of mill, Cut then your tube to that size and put it on the top along with your sk.

Exactly johnnybegood.I gave that advice earlier about cutting tube and putting it in the webbing.Then you can fix with doubles if no gravloks available as in Holland/Germany where they didnt conform to the DIN years ago. Dont know if its changed with the EN thing?

Exactly johnnybegood.I gave that advice earlier about cutting tube and putting it in the webbing.Then you can fix with doubles if no gravloks available as in Holland/Germany where they didnt conform to the DIN years ago. Dont know if its changed with the EN thing?

When I was scaffolding offshore, we were made Do as you and I suggested all the time were it was viable

Chargo.... To be asking such advice, leads me to think that you are out of depth. Ten lifts!!!? Sounds like your in a ship yard.... With that being said, I would build up around the fair leads, (being mindful of the anchor chains) and build up off the k brace using friction clamps and beams etc etc. pontoon level to under deck level on a semi is thereabouts 80foot... Leave it to the pro's .....

now where all confussed lmfao!!!!

Chargo.... To be asking such advice, leads me to think that you are out of depth. Ten lifts!!!? Sounds like your in a ship yard.... With that being said, I would build up around the fair leads, (being mindful of the anchor chains) and build up off the k brace using friction clamps and beams etc etc. pontoon level to under deck level on a semi is thereabouts 80foot... Leave it to the pro's .....

He said when the scaffold is hung from the top down it is only 10mt from the pontoon, so the easiest way is set your scaffold out on the pontoon take it to the top, of course you must have all your hangers in the right place on the way up, when you reach the top support it so it will hang, now take away your 10mt on the bottom, he said he could not build from bottom because of ballast, there will be no ballast if it’s not submerged in water...(what is friction clamps?)

thats beter jonnybegood now we all no lmfao!!!!

Top Bottom