Fitting a beam direct to a wall?

aom

Reaction score
I just wondered what brackets you use and who supplies them to bolt a beam straight into a wall? I know I could use set but wondered who was using what.

Had some brackets that bolted to wall that you slid ally beam on and pinned the spigots in

Yes Beaver do them

http://www.beaver84.co.uk/pdf/Beaver-84-Brochure.pdf

I think Layher do a similar product (may well be the exact same) also...

I don't think they do a specific bracket but apollo fixings 01527 63999 do a number of products for fixing scaffolds to walls.

We use a number of solutions in design - sometimes use Band and Plates

Yep these are what i tried to descibeImageUploadedByTapatalk1335632997.659648.jpg

I have used the trusty two hole band and plate with the adapter/washer two screw m16excaliber bolt straight into brick i put six band and plates to 1 six metre 450m beam. The fixings were a worry but i managed to get 9 good out of twelve it was for a tempory roof outside beam sat on a pillar

has anyone got a pictue of a beam that is dircetly connected to a wall, wouldn't mind seein it as we have a job comin up soon where we could do it that way.

End on or side on ? I used band and plates for side on

just did one on sainsbury glouster ,band and plate and speak with apollo for fixings mate ,safe and easy .:noworry:

You mean 'Apollo Ties'? - Basically smaller versions of the old Transom Tie-Bars?

Alistair? Could you not drill 2 sets of Band and Plate into the wall and tie them in using 12mm Excalibur Bolts/Chemical Resin?

Lace a Tube through the Band and Plate and hang your Beam off it using Doubles?

Like before, im not sure of the strength of the Resin, but its VERY VERY strong and nigh on impossible to get out after, lol.
Have to literally sheer the tops off the bolts to get your Band and Plate off after.

I personally dont like the idea of the connectors, as i think that not much will beat the strength of Band and Plate and Doubles. :)

Resin is very very strong your quiet

End on or side on ? I used band and plates for side on

Side on, the designer has given us a choice and specified either set (B&P) or a bracket. If I hang the beam off set I feel we will be a bit too close to the wall still and would prefer a bracket to bring us out a wee bit.

It's only a small job Jason and the excalibur bolts will give us plenty without the need for resin. I could do it with set but would just think it might be easier if we had the bracket.

That resin stuff is stronger than concreet scaffolded 1 m 3 concrete rebared slab with 2 bars in with an aposey resing from thesliicon tube holding the threaded bar and they tested it and wouldent budge it was digging the tester in to the concrete, i asume you have a horse/ tower at 1 end and thats y ya need the brakets aom??? No chance ya could ring bolt it ither side 6 ft tube and come off that with the beam or band and plate laced with a 6ft in stead of eye bolts but like ya said designer want brackets or band and plate

We have a good horse on one side but all the rest is over a roof and needs to be hung. The ring bolts would be no use as they are zero rated for sheer but the designer didn't really mind what we used but I wanted something to bring us off the wall a bit more that was really all but may just go with the set as we have it all in the yard already.

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

go with the band p

OK, may need to get the washers but Generation should have them.

WHAT YA MEAN ZEOR TORALANCE FOR SHEER BY THAT YA MEAN SNAP UNDER WEIGHT AS APOSE TO PULL?GOT ME THINKING USED THEM ON A FEW JOBS NOW NOTHING MAJOR JUST OVER CONSERVATORIES LAST 1 WAS LAFT WEEK FOR FACIAS AND GUTTER :embarrest:

Don't sweat it but the rings have no strength down the way only directly push pull and are only to be used in concrete, that's why no one really uses them much now unless with an adapter.

Cant beat either Expanding Rawbolts or Excalibur/Chem Resin. :)

Even side on, the Band and Plate should be perfect.
Id risk building any kind of Scaffold off them... they can take tremendous weight.

Much better then Hilti Rings, imo.

Ill keep that in mind dont thing the gaffer or lads wikll like it lol but i now know what to use band and plate or the bracets. If you you were to use the band and plate which way would you do it 4 band and plates 2 sets of 2 with tube therw bottom cord on 1 tube and top cord on the other tube?????

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

And has any 1 use them (and how do they work)like gurder things that bolt in to the wall vertically and then you come of them with something sure they use the same system on bridges. When the floods wre on in cockermouth there was on on the river side of a gable look imence but wouldent know were to start other than a raft and a drill lol

Top Bottom