Favourite scaffolding job

most venerable parts of the body wore boots an hardhat from day dot its the harness I don't like with that double lanyard and hi viz I like my top half free Frederick and on the site were on for kier your scaffolding lifts are set at 1mtr so you can always be behind a double or a single handrail an with those lift heights Frederick you can drop the boards down strike the lift out an reach up for the h/r afterwards but yet they still want you trussed up like a kipper

Strictly speaking with 1m lifts fall arrest does not need to be utilised. Unfortunately people will not trust scaffolders to stay within the safe zones so insist that harnesses are worn.
Same as some projects insist ALL people who access areas at height wear harnesses even if going onto a properly tagged and edge protected scaffold

I now hswt they must have us down as all lemmings walking of the edge of a cliffe and with kier you always have to leave a deck of boards down aswell so that they can see that you haven't climbed up the steel it does my head in with their rules and some of the site agents are nothing but text book scaffolders it will never change now though bud the good thing with those 1mtr lifts no step to work off can you believe it some of these standard new build have 5 lifts of scaffold to them madness

1 m lifts are still the best way in my opinion. If clients could understand the way it works then harnesses could be reserved only for jobs that require them. A bit like when harnesses first appeared and you would get one say for a hanger. Not sure if the harness manufacturers would like that though!!

couldn't agree more I adapted to the harness with the single lanyard but the double is nothing but a nightmare both lanyards hanging over your tools hi viz make you sweat glasses steaming up sometimes ppe can become an hazard there is only so much gear you can wear and all the extras going into the scaffolds with kier it must cost them around 5k just for a standard pair and like you said the harness could be reserved for specials and I was talking to a health an safety executive just before Christmas and he said within 5 years system scaffolding will be the dominant force of erecting scaffolding as the system will always keep you behind handrail ya just never know whats in the pipeline

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 AM ----------

Ah the old spiders web in Dyce that little boozer must be one of the busiest pubs in Aberdeenshire happy I have a very good friend who is offshore and I haven't heard anything from him for years his name is Peter Mc Gibbon if you know him happy could you pm me his No please and do you know champagne Charlie watts is he still on the circuit many thanks scc

Top Bottom