Favourite scaffolding job

any job that comes with a job and knock attached lol!!!! best way to enjoy the scaffolding game these days proscaff is ave your own business like you best of luck for 2014 exspecially at 32 good age!! on the tools at 48 is only a means to a end these days lol!! all the best thou mate

Best scaffolding job i did was a transmission job. 95ft high x 315ft long at east claydon to allow 400,000kv lines to be changed whilst we spanned 2 125,00kv lines. Wicked job shame about the money.

been east claydon a few times den think kev and nigel are the saps unfortunately the rates have started to hit the national grid they used to paye well even the national grid staff have had there monies cut back and 2014 there budgets are going to be even more tighter its just a knock on affect mate but its finally hit the national grid thou things are getting busy on the grid with the new plant that's being renewed I would say agencies for 2014 on the grid they paye beter money and you may get a beter run of overtime if you want it

Thanks for the offer kev.
But that job was 3yrs ago now the cuunts tried paying me just shy of £600 notes for 76hrs work, as you can imagine the phone call to the office was a bit abusive. If i get chance pal i'll dig the photos out and email them to ya.
Like i said great job, just the money.

Best jobs for me are netting very therapeutic, signing off scaff tags on the underground, or turning up to do a shift on the underground and you don't get possession, money for nothing lovely!!

Thats a Good Question.

Ive given this a lot of thought, If were going to wake up every day and do something, something that pays us to provide for our families then you HAVE to enjoy it or else you may end up jumping one day. Lately I have been carrying out works to Offshore Electrical Substations across Europe which i absolutely love doing as I never thought at college being a Scaffolder could lead to the adventures i have had. I love it.

But even doing that, as well as all them years doing every type of job known, roofs, hangers, tower blocks, stacks, houses etc.

Its not what your doing that makes the fun, but who your with. Many days at work with my pals have been the best and funniest times of my life, some of the things we have done, others would not believe. Some day Scaffolders will end up writing best sellers of thier working lives, im sure.

Very true jecs, working on a cushy number is 1 thing but having a good team/mates around you can make the time all so much better.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Council estate jobs for re-roofing. All that lovely dog $hit and 3x 60' barrow runs all included in the price whilst pulling your tripe out standing up 21's in between telephone wires.
Specially in all this pi$$ing down rain and at the end of the week, you get the bullet for putting the top lift in a couple of inches too high or low without being told where they need it.
I love looking back at this type of work and vowing I will never do it again.

And never have...

Last edited:
I remember those ones john all to well and as usual the guvnors could of put it up in half the time. Double boarding and fans on base lift all in the price. Yeh b×××××ks

every job i dont the gaffer could do it faster when he was on the spanners . he actually put his spanner were his mouth was on a strip me and so called speedy kev :rolleyes: actually ripped him a new arse hole a ten block of a timber tramed we done 6 of them to his and his marra 4 and beat him by a lift, then soon ****** off after taking last 20ft down jumped of the scaffold jumped in the van and fekd off lol aye but done a few of these were the housing estate came a live at dusk lol

every job i dont the gaffer could do it faster when he was on the spanners . he actually put his spanner were his mouth was on a strip me and so called speedy kev :rolleyes: actually ripped him a new arse hole a ten block of a timber tramed we done 6 of them to his and his marra 4 and beat him by a lift, then soon ****** off after taking last 20ft down jumped of the scaffold jumped in the van and fekd off lol aye but done a few of these were the housing estate came a live at dusk lol

He must have laughed all the way to the bank marra. Nothing like a bit of a gee up to get the workers cracking;)

Nice darts marra love it

went offshore for a quickie about 14 years ago
friday till monday 12 hours for everyday
wgen we arrived around 4 in the afternoon we got a quick induction and told we would be out that night to get the job down and away in the morning/saturday
feck that we said we never came off shore for a day we were told monday
the OIM took the timesheets signed them for the 4 days we ran out and stripped a cantilever with ally beams in 30 mins then chilled out for the night.
i was drinking a pint of tennants in the spidersweb around 12noon the next day.
THE BEST OF IT WAS I GOT PAYED TWICE FOR IT:eek:

Top Bottom