Falling fitting's !!!!

They are a pain to use... especially if your using normal Doubles too!! Been caught out more then once picking up the wrong fitting! lol.

Is there much shoring done using acrows and T&F these days in UK? Used to be common years ago and everywhere in Germany and Holland until replaced with systems like GASS, Alshor, Rapidshor etc.

Is there much shoring done using acrows and T&F these days in UK? Used to be common years ago and everywhere in Germany and Holland until replaced with systems like GASS, Alshor, Rapidshor etc.

We still stock a good few HSWT but mainly small stuff for supporting floors and the like, not worth bringing in the big guns for a small refurb.

I hope all the posts on this thread was of some use to slybacon. :weird:
I thnk he would be better employed to moniter whats dropped off a scaffold outside of a few fittings(accidently),like,Bricks roof tiles timber rendering. (deliberataly). And while your about it,monitoring tampered scaffolding. Which should only require monitoring a few sites.
Thats if you know anything about scaffolding.!!

We used to use a lot for large slabs years ago then they got phased out as the new systems came in.

Must have been before my time HSWT, the only slabs we have done were all done with a system like RMD, it used to be the only ever time we saw a drawing and it was the simplest job we were building at the time. We have come a long way.:huh:

never used shoring with acrows incorporating tube over here,seen the fittings though,in the states and canada the use a lot of shoring for all there infrastructure as its all concrete and steel,

thyssenkrupp and brand use say two aluminium sometimes acrows which are welded together to make a square with welded cross bracing inbetween,obviously there are single units but sometimes there is just that much shuttering for the bridge or floor above to go on they link these squares together and crane them into position,

the mexicans i worked with claimed they were the best shoring scaffolders in the world,ive not seen better,must admit i think shoring is an area were system is best,although admittedly i havent seen a big shoring tube job i just cant see how tube could compete!

Theres always going to be the risk of falling objects. Ensure you barrier off your work area, make sure that your scaffolders have plenty of fitting bags and that they don't leave fittings on lifts

always risk ian lol!!!! we used the fitting bag and rope to day only passing fittings down 10 ft all proper and safe probably why iam sitting here tonight with a fat lip and my front tooth hanging out went to the dentist and he wont do anything untill the swellings gone down and the antibiotics kick in but told me more or less the front tooth will be comeing out 250 300 quid 46 years on the planet and been in some scrapes over the years!!! and loose me bloody teeth on a fitting bag full of fittings!!! the only thing that was different today i was wearing safety glases when are these glases gana be void for scaffolders there dangerouse and blur the scaffolders vision what a shi! day:sick:

dico.png:laugh::laugh::laugh: sorry marra ahd to be done hope ya get it sorted i shouldent be laffing for 4 apointments next 2 week for teeth to be took out 3/4 of them and go no's how many fillings wont have a toth left in my head if the keep crumbling must be sumet to dpo with drinking that stuff out the lorrie petrol tanks llol

Last edited:
hahaha!!!!! at least iam laughing today!!! hope you get yours sorted scaff1989 if you ante working you get the lot done free even your prescription if your working you get nothing just a great bill at the end of it i know some people cant help being unemployed but theres quite a few out there that no the system lazy barskets

hahaha!!!!! at least iam laughing today!!! hope you get yours sorted scaff1989 if you ante working you get the lot done free even your prescription if your working you get nothing just a great bill at the end of it i know some people cant help being unemployed but theres quite a few out there that no the system lazy barskets

£17.50 for them to say urm ya gonna have to pay more money. i god knows how much its gonna cost think its 3 maby 4 depending if they can save the tooth tha neeeds to come out.only this bad since i when to a new dentis never had any problem now at this 1 and got 1 tooth out and the rest around it are just dropping to bits but they said the might have to send me to hospital to have them out as the dentis that took last 1 out was there for an hours knees on me chest she had to have 4 breaks to catch her breath and needless to say was the biggest she's pulled;) ....yeah i get that alot lol :nuts:

always risk ian lol!!!! we used the fitting bag and rope to day only passing fittings down 10 ft all proper and safe probably why iam sitting here tonight with a fat lip and my front tooth hanging out went to the dentist and he wont do anything untill the swellings gone down and the antibiotics kick in but told me more or less the front tooth will be comeing out 250 300 quid 46 years on the planet and been in some scrapes over the years!!! and loose me bloody teeth on a fitting bag full of fittings!!! the only thing that was different today i was wearing safety glases when are these glases gana be void for scaffolders there dangerouse and blur the scaffolders vision what a shi! day:sick:

Keep smiling dico, well at least try :D . At least you didn't get any dust in your eye, just a bag of fittings :bigsmile:

Keep smiling dico, well at least try :D . At least you didn't get any dust in your eye, just a bag of fittings :bigsmile:

you know how it works ian nice bit of paperwork tomorow lol!!!! what was the weather like was it cloudy woz there enough light what was you eating what was you wearing was it hot was it cold what make was the fitting bag what make was the rope was it tested did it have a test certificate was it this was it that lmfao!!!!!

Top Bottom