Falling fitting's !!!!

You could go to poland get yur teeth sorted and a holiday with change.

worked on the national grid a lot last year and in there regs they allow for removal of glasses in exceptional circumstances ie.weather/sweat due to heat,im sure their is a provision for this in hse somewhere,the grid are a law unto themselves but are totally safety orientated,sorry about the tooth,you getting a gold one like a bond villain ;)

It dont matter what you write its down to each site manager to police their site at t save any arguments they just say glasses for everyone on site same as shorts

if you have a generic risk assesment showing dangers and impairments of glasses when raining for instance theres not a case to answer,i know its quite pedantic to do so but if the blokes getting injured because of these glasses that will have to be took into consideration,if not go higher up the food chain,site agents dont like you on first name terms with their bosses ;)

And that will solve what exactly Joe ? piss of the site manager and you might as well fu ck of down the road mate , it aint right but its the way it is :sad2:

Already is on a lot of sites joe , i dont mind if they are paying for it and you can get a few variations on the site , to be honest joe i just go with the flow these days if thats what they want then so be it , as long as the cheques arrive who gives a fu ck ;)

got a bit of a chip on my shoulder with sh1t like that phil,been on price for a few years after being out the country for a while and was shocked at not only the price they give but all the extra ***** they wont pay for,fukin scandalous,need to get soaked up by a big outfit and relax and go with it more ;)

Price work aint no good any more joe , i spent 15 years on price knocked my balls out every day but made serious money , you got to much to put in a job these days to have any chance of making money , i think price work died for me when double handrails came along , that seemed to bring with it a lot of changes in the game ( not all for the bad either )
these days you gotta try and get a decent day work rate and just do your job to the best of your ability and not be worried bout how much you have or havent earned

Site managers believe they are the ultimate power and can over rule the individual, the qualified, the HSE, NASC, TG:20, SG4......

Got to be honest, most are brand new, the newly qualified can be a bit up themselves but that's not long in changing the first time they need you to dig them out a hole. :noworry:

agreed mate,good attitude backed up with evidence and reason of safety might change minds,or send your biggest lad in to "put the lean on" the site agent ;) (unless its an ex brickie then ur fuked!)

A few years ago maybe but not my style now. The glasses thing you were on about, we can remove them when it's raining.

The way i see it is if you dont conform these days then you wont be on site. I find if you can get on with the management then you have a lot better chance getting invoices signed of when it comes to variations .

Without a doubt Phill, just build a relationship and help out where possible all just helps the bill's to be signed. I actually quite like the problem solving element to running the show, not just access but all sorts, as I tell them, we are here to solve your problems.:cool:

the site agents round here dont really seem to both the scaff nor do the other trades to be honest the site agent just lets you get on with it as long as it were they need it there happy any chitty sheets get signed off was on 1 job yr b4 last and was told take it easy lol so we had taken 3 days to do some odds and sods and put a lift round a chimney 2 lifts of the floor they site agent signed for al the work we said we had done even thoe the scaffold was already up so gaffer got paid 2tiwce and so every tuesday we were on that site with out fail lol

You must be doing him a turn maybe without even knowing it marra, either way keep it that way and don't take the rip.

You must be doing him a turn maybe without even knowing it marra, either way keep it that way and don't take the rip.

this was nearly two years ago the jobs dead now ow we knew he'd told us y we were getting sent every tuesday it was more to do with the charge hand as it was onyl my first mounth or so there he seemed to have the site agent rapped round his finger lol

I don't care what falls off as lOng as its not my Hilti gun lol

Don't take the Hilti on the rig, life will just not be worth living.;)

Top Bottom