Expiry date of a competent scaff

Theres an automatic naughty word block on the forum nothing to do with the moderators. Jeezus dont we get the blame for everything!!

You can say **** not sure about cock and cant say **** but can say ****** I think.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Wrong way round you can say cock but not **** which is short for Richard. maybe you can say *******?

moderators are a good idear yes!!! but come on some get away with murder on here and some dont i always put a !!!! inbetween my naughty words if this sights gana get moderated lets have it for everbody not just the select few!!! we dont wana turn this forum into a one mans freind forum again!! rant over happy weekends eveybody

moderators are a good idear yes!!! but come on some get away with murder on here and some dont i always put a !!!! inbetween my naughty words if this sights gana get moderated lets have it for everbody not just the select few!!! we dont wana turn this forum into a one mans freind forum again!! rant over happy weekends eveybody

One rule for all I quite agree. A moderator has no friends maybe thats why they asked me. I am impartial as I wont remove or edit any posts or threads (except my own for spelling mistakes etc.)apart from the spam from Vietnam. I just wish the others would follow my example.

Do you mix system with t&f cassie? Are the clamps much the same as dubs swivs,singles?

yeh, we mix it up, we may for eg . put a tower up with ;ayhjer then shoot out in the pipe racks with tube and clamp, all depends what the job is , usually pipes and **** everywere, so sometimes use all layher, sometimes all Tube and clamp, and sometimes you have to mix it up, tube and clamp takes getting used to, its basically the same as tube and fitting, there are rules with it tho, but its quick to pick up if ur a scaff. we dont use singles tho, everything is on a double;s and the working lifts are all checked, boards are all cleated for the winds...

yeh, we mix it up, we may for eg . put a tower up with ;ayhjer then shoot out in the pipe racks with tube and clamp, all depends what the job is , usually pipes and **** everywere, so sometimes use all layher, sometimes all Tube and clamp, and sometimes you have to mix it up, tube and clamp takes getting used to, its basically the same as tube and fitting, there are rules with it tho, but its quick to pick up if ur a scaff. we dont use singles tho, everything is on a double;s and the working lifts are all checked, boards are all cleated for the winds...

These are the wedge fittings the ones you call clamps? Got any pictures or are they the same as the Dutch ones?

Im Feeling It Now, Im In My Fifties I Feel It More And More Every Day, I Used To Be Able To Erect A Two Storey House On My Own In A Day Couldnt Do It Now Though, About A Day And A Half, Cause The Body Slows Down , My Knees And Ankles Are Jiggered And My Shoulders Hurt Like Hell In The Damp Weather, But The Job Has Its Advantages As Well. And I For On Wouldnt Swap With Anyone. (Well Maybe I Would But Thats Another Story)

I came off the spanners (Again) 2 yrs ago, I can sleep without aches and pains keeping me awake now.
On the downside I've put on a stone and smoke a lot more now.

50 next month and I think I could still earn a good wage on price if I had to. (But I don't want to)

50 this year,been out today on the elsie's but could'nt live with the young uns after 4 hours,but i'm sure i could get fit enough again if i kept at it,my spanners aint seen the light of day for about 4 years lol,and you know how hard it is after only a two week holiday let alone 4 years,mind you i was quite quick for the first half of the shift:smile1:

'on the Elsie's'. Like it, big fish.

---------- Post added at 03:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

U
LOL. We use tube and clamp mate aswell as layher. Love to see you doing the jobs we do on the refinery. With tube and clamp , layher. Ur pretty fuked with no hammer

You misunderstand me Cassius. I too have a hammer, just not of the clawed variety. We're scaffolders, you'll be telling me there's guys with cordless drills in their belts to tighten up fittings. . .
Oh wait, there is
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Would like to think I would keep up with the youngsters after a couple of days warming up. Thats if the old back was up to it. Would think the hardest thing I would find to adapt to would be the hooking on or this scaff step thing.

Got to be honest HSWT and I don't mean this as a slight on your ability or fitness, but you are deluding yourself if you think you can keep up with a bunch of 25 year olds at this game. I did notice a video advertising system who put a challenge out Layher V tube for a 16ft 2 lift tower, they built the system in 34 minutes I think but the same sqyuad took over an hour for tube. Next time we are quiet in the yard I think I will give it a go as I reckon I could do the tube in under half an hour no problem.

Got to be honest HSWT and I don't mean this as a slight on your ability or fitness, but you are deluding yourself if you think you can keep up with a bunch of 25 year olds at this game. I did notice a video advertising system who put a challenge out Layher V tube for a 16ft 2 lift tower, they built the system in 34 minutes I think but the same sqyuad took over an hour for tube. Next time we are quiet in the yard I think I will give it a go as I reckon I could do the tube in under half an hour no problem.

I will take it as a slight on my fitness and ability.:mad::mad:

How long do you think it would take one of your 25 year olds to do the tube if you can do it in under 30 minutes?

They couldn't lace my boots that's why I issue them with Rigger boots.:cool:

You ought to have seen the sheer tonnage of system they can shift though.:eek:

Back in the 90's they were refurbishing a large number of tower blocks in Camden Town. A system company called System UK or UK System had the contract.It wasn't layer but a similar ring and deck system. The company didnt have enough system to complete all the blocks so got us in on price to do some blocks in T&F. We and the system boys decided to have a race. It was 10 foot lifts all boarded and if i remember coreectly maybe 15 lifts. Three handed gangs on both sides. The system boys beat us by 2 full days sparking much name calling etc. When I went to take a look at their block I discovered they had used ladder platforms with a fixed ladder on it. Unfortunately the ladder designed for a 2 metre lift didnt reach the deck below but swung there like a limp cock. It took them 3 days to come up with a solution and repalce all the ladder accesses on that block and the others. They had to remove the platform trapdoor and the ladder and replace with 13 foot ladders!!! Cue much name calling and abuse from us.

haha, magic. Think system has come a long way since these days.

In all honesty, you are never going to beat system with tube unless it gets a bit complicated as sometimes it is just quicker and easier to put in a few tubes and dead size boards as all these new fangled components they have come up with lately.

Yes, so I am told. I personally think a good mixture of both is required to run a modern scaffolding company but I know a few who have turned to system for a higher return which is no bad thing as long as you buy the lot. Again for me there in lies the problem, fine if you hire it but who is earning the cash if you do that, buy it and no matter how busy you are you will never empty the yard which is always my goal. Maybe you just have to adjust your goals.

yes, so i am told. I personally think a good mixture of both is required to run a modern scaffolding company but i know a few who have turned to system for a higher return which is no bad thing as long as you buy the lot. Again for me there in lies the problem, fine if you hire it but who is earning the cash if you do that, buy it and no matter how busy you are you will never empty the yard which is always my goal. Maybe you just have to adjust your goals.

or get me on the books ;) lol

Top Bottom