everyboadys a scaffolder

I know but at that time they were new and very local, they are in the same industrial estate as I am and I did want to support them as all our young tradesmen had to go to Glasgow for training before they were there. Now I think the can go fook.

Swifty

cheeky ******** that's for sure---where is it going to end---it was only a matter of time before this grey area of System Scaffolding surfaced...

Watered down is an under statement---diluted to the point of it being unrecognizable as Trade or Qualification that can stand alone without further non-Scaffold related Task based Operations...

It just doesn't make sense to me at all though Gary. To train a basic scaffolder takes me 3 years of investment and even after all that they still can't build system so I then have to send them on an even more intensive course than the one on offer from this college. I have to pay them according to their skills and obviously charge them out accordingly. I also get shafted big time from insurance companies as they deem my work as high risk yet these builders get a cover all policy as all associated activities therefore cheaper like for like cover. It doesn't take Einstein to realise the scaffs are getting squeezed.

Alistair

I concur with every word you say---until such times as there is a Generic Standard and an Association with the real interests of Scaffolding Contractors established and operated by Government Statutory Law we will continue to bear the exuberant costs of Training and Insuring our Industry.

Perhaps you should diversify and take on Slating Jobs and see how they like it + your Insurance Premiums would drop drastically...

haha, I have thought about it but honestly take the spanner off us and we really are crap at everything else. I would say the real danger is scaffold contractors embrace this kind of training reducing the numbers going through the proper scheme. :(

Alistair

I would agree---Principal Contractors Training in-house to install System of their choice---no scaffolds to build then it on the mixer PMSL---I shouldni laugh cos it certainly is not a laughing matter---thank feck Iv almost ran my race, it not the same Industry that I knew and Loved...

Agreed, I thought the training was to be more intense not simpler. I will call them in the morning to find out exactly who they think qualify for this course. I may have to remove the link, I'm just not sure how these things work.:embarrest:

Alistair

Simpler---that is where the paradox lays---the System is Simpler to Install and although it requires a though process to install it is not as thought provoking as Traditional Special Structures in Tube and Couplers...

Devide and rule

system erector qualified for one system = £5 per hour max

The whole idea of system scaffold is to take the skill element from the erecting of it, and so drasticly reduce the labour cost involved.

Rigger

Spot on---still think that System will become an addendum to a trade, rather than a Trade on its own...

Agreed, I thought the training was to be more intense not simpler. I will call them in the morning to find out exactly who they think qualify for this course. I may have to remove the link, I'm just not sure how these things work.:embarrest:

Alistair
Did you get round to making the call?:worried:

Didn't even have time to get a hair cut so look a bit like shaggy from scooby doo, well if he was 15 stone.:embarrest:

I will make the call, promise.

Top Bottom