death of the step

Haha not our fault were faster is it, is there ewt you can win at for being slow I think not

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:10 PM ----------

What stories that then

What stories that then

One old, one young. The young one spots a herd of cows and says lets run down there and shag one of these cow's.

The old boy replies, let's walk down and shag them all.:cool:

Thats in a film... what one?!?
Aaaaggh! Its on the tip of my tongue, lol. :D

Sorry Jas can't help you I honestly know it just as an old saying.

Just a cheaper mark 1 version of the B-Safe fastguard . I am also wondering on the sleeve connection. make some longer videos that doesnt just show 1 piece of handrail.

Depends what your doing and who your doing it with Rigger.:blink1:

Working on an Advanced Guard Rail at the moment, T&F or any System, Fast-simple and Cheaper, Watch this space.

Hi Garry

Will be asking a few members to take a look, will be in touch, Alastair too and a couple more. Need to arrange.

i will try and get more videos made to explain the complete workings once the party season is over. in the meantime i will try and answer your questions verbally

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

not bad G, looks good
This is not a knock but what about sleeves?
all lifts will have to be boarded so you can take them off?

ps your faster than your mate and he's got a IW:D

ALL JOKING ASIDE PAL GOOD IDEA JUST NEEDS A FEW TWEAKS AND I'M SURE IT WILL SELL, GOOD LUCK

not sure what you mean about the sleeves, it hangs from anywhere on the ledger, and fastens to the handrail. you can remove it from a fully boarded lift once your up there. i will post more videos at a later date to show complete workings. im camera shy, its not me.

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

it looks good, whats your costing going to be and how soon into production

price not my department but i think between £30-£40, dont think they will be available till april/may.
the director on the firm i work for reckons the step has reduced productivity by upto 30%, and after seeing this in action thinks it will reduce that figure to nearer 10%

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

loose tube

Not to impressed with hanging kit over handrail and the forward handrail is still in unwrapped fittings when in place

the loose tube was an oversight. it still works when fastened. it was a video to get some feedback ,of which im grateful. it is not a sales/marketing promo. not sure about your concerns over "hanging kit", surely its no different to hemping.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

[/COLOR]it did look good but the loose tube would be a problem.
i also beleive that you need to be in the NASC for it to get any real chance as SCAFFOLDING IS NOW A CLOSED SHOP,NO NASC NO SCAFFOLDING.
and i thought that closed shops were not allowed oh thats right tis only unions that are affected by that one :eek:

loose tube was an oversight, still works when fastened

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 AM ----------

Mmm, not sure about that one Daftscaff, there is not many suppliers now that don't stock our very own Nick Flynn's board retainers or Apollo ties and as far as I know neither are members.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Mmm, I had another wee look, would it support itself without standards in place? When we build a 13' tower it doesn't matter what we do at some stage the 2 outside standards need to be topped out below hand rail height and all you have is the centre standard which is useless for most AG I've seen.

it is self supporting, it hooks on the ledger and fixes to the handrail which will always be in place on any tower you build. you will however still have to hemp over the handrail if your scarfs dont work out

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

is that job watford springs

no, kent

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Have to keep going back on yourself. Also the issue with the joints.

Anyway, how do you strike using this system? Surely this only works when erecting...

i now know i need to show a full working video, which i will get round to. its only intention was to get the idea out there and get some feedback. the link below shows how to remove it. it is my only other video at this moment. it works striking by simply doing everything in reverse, a video is needed, i know.
upfront AGS single off - YouTube

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

Have to keep going back on yourself. Also the issue with the joints.

Anyway, how do you strike using this system? Surely this only works when erecting...

could you elaborate on your above quote regarding "going back on yourself", im not sure what you mean, but would like to respond. also what is the issue with joints.

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

I suppose you would always need a scaff on the lift directly below you to fit it?

you fit from the lift your on, and then remove it to use again from the lift you just built. you need 2 "upfronts" to do 20ft then 1 more for every 20ft after that on a long run. you simply join the handrails together. not shown on the video, but it is operational by 1 man. there are a series of holes in the outer tube which allows you raise the handrail gradually from either end. i have done it myself on a 40ft stretch with a 20ft return using only 4 "upfronts"

---------- Post added at 11:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Just a cheaper mark 1 version of the B-Safe fastguard . I am also wondering on the sleeve connection. make some longer videos that doesnt just show 1 piece of handrail.

the videos will come, bear with me, this is a 1 man operation. i do not have a budget for this thing

Working on an Advanced Guard Rail at the moment, T&F or any System, Fast-simple and Cheaper, Watch this space.

good luck with that, im sure there is room out there for more systems. anything but the step for me.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

upfront AGS single off - YouTube

yes that is a brickies tie holding it together, it will eventually have a "wire lock pin" on a "chain and ring" as a lockable safety pin.

g-scaff

Good replays to the inquiries---there are several competitors out there, however, as you have already identified there is always room for a Market share and on first impressions you are a serious contender and may I give it to you in terms of strong recommendation ever to continue and act as such---it's not the size of the Dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the Dog---I know that you have limited Budget and Resources, however, pull in all the favors that you are owed and produce a Concise Video and Post it for your Peer Group Members to scrutinize...

Garry...

Top Bottom