death of the step

g-scaff

Reaction score
i been working on this idea since i was first told to use the step. done everything right i hope so far, regarding patents. take a look and let me know if you think the idea has any legs . already have a manufacturer lined up but would appreciate some feedback from other scaffs and bosses. i been on here for about a year now and know red viking is very attached to his step but generally there not liked i believe. let me know

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6rK5fc2a4w]Advanced guardrail system for tube and fitting - YouTube[/ame]

not bad G, looks good
This is not a knock but what about sleeves?
all lifts will have to be boarded so you can take them off?

ps your faster than your mate and he's got a IW:D

ALL JOKING ASIDE PAL GOOD IDEA JUST NEEDS A FEW TWEAKS AND I'M SURE IT WILL SELL, GOOD LUCK

it looks good, whats your costing going to be and how soon into production

loose tube

Not to impressed with hanging kit over handrail and the forward handrail is still in unwrapped fittings when in place

I think Redviking is similar to myself, he knows we have to do something and is willing to give anything a chance to comply with the regs.

I personally thinks it looks good, but not good enough to throw away the step yet. It's just a personal thing, I hate all these gadgets not just in scaffolding but in all walks of life. It's hard to tell for me anyway, how workable it is without working with it, but I would say it looks on a par with anything else I've seen. I wouldn't be surprised if it did sell, just not for me, so I'm afraid I'm out.:noworry:

Congratulations on getting this far though, have you showed the likes of Generation and Trad, who both seem to like getting in on the ground floor with these things? I know Generation's yard is full of new innovations.

[/COLOR]it did look good but the loose tube would be a problem.
i also beleive that you need to be in the NASC for it to get any real chance as SCAFFOLDING IS NOW A CLOSED SHOP,NO NASC NO SCAFFOLDING.
and i thought that closed shops were not allowed oh thats right tis only unions that are affected by that one :eek:

Mmm, not sure about that one Daftscaff, there is not many suppliers now that don't stock our very own Nick Flynn's board retainers or Apollo ties and as far as I know neither are members.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

Mmm, I had another wee look, would it support itself without standards in place? When we build a 13' tower it doesn't matter what we do at some stage the 2 outside standards need to be topped out below hand rail height and all you have is the centre standard which is useless for most AG I've seen.

I don't think Harnesses will ever go.
There's too much diversity in the work we do to get rid of them.

Advanced Guardrail is only able to be used on some jobs.
You can't use it on Laydowns, Beams, Temporary Roofs, Hangers, Staircases, blah blah blah and so on.

i feel naked without a harness now , iv had to use a step a few times lately after one of the lads got caught not using one .im actually starting to like it .i still dont hook on when on the step or board out from the lift below .just one fitting either end of the handrail and everyone just seems happy to see you using the step

Have to keep going back on yourself. Also the issue with the joints.

Anyway, how do you strike using this system? Surely this only works when erecting...

I suppose you would always need a scaff on the lift directly below you to fit it?

Don't do cooking but the Mrs tells me it's the same as sex, long and slow.:cool:

Top Bottom