CSCS Labourer changes

How much training do you need to pick something up and carry it , ridicules

Just look at the amount of taxpayers money the government are spending on giving advice during this spell of hot weather.
Such gems as drink more water, don't go out in the midday sun and if its hot open the windows!!
I wonder why we bother to waste all that money sending people to school. Shakes ma heed i really do.

Based on most of the Labourers around these days I'd say an awefull lot!!But yet again another money maker for those leeches from so called training centers.What next wheelbarrow licenses,proper use of a spade,how to put a pair of gloves on,how to walk on two legs?The list is endless,might start me own training center,be a millionaire in no time at all!!

I don't think you can actually blame the training centres; i would imagine that this has come from above. Truthfully, if someone brought an extra card in that you must have before you start on the ladder of scaffolding, as a training centre, i would be pushing it as well it's more money for the centre, you're not going to push everybody to other centres.

I don't think it's right, but given that the majority of the labourers i have seen over the last few years it could be a good thing, only thing we really need to know now that its coming in (and as the scaffolders we don't have a choice about this) is can we get a grant or funding.

Its all bollix,aided and abetted by hse. without whom, none of this is enforcable. Some of these companies need to wake up,someones taking everyone for mugs.

Can someone point me in the direction of getting my......getting out of bed and having a shiit card pls..
I also need one for ......getting bent over and shafted..lol

This has been coming for a while, The UKCG have wanted it from the beginning of this year
Strange though, still can find any training providers that do the course?
including CSKILLS, Safety & Access and Simian

This rubbish has to be stopped or it will just carry on and on.
As for some of you lads stating that the way some labourers work they could do with it,
whats wrong with the old "Get your finger out or you're back in the yard" policy?
I just cannot see what use this card is apart from another money spinning obstacle course in order for the man in the street to 'pay' to come to work.

what aload of ********. takes 3 days, an angry scaff and flying doubles and sore shouldersnto work it out.

Ahh the good old flying doubles. I had the balls to put the same fuc.ked doubles launched at me back in the next bucket up the ladder :laugh:

ahhhh how about the pigeon **** tower infestions, the only way to learn is the hard way.

Yeah them days were rough VLLB, i tell the lads about it at work..and all you get is...yeah rite i'd have told you to fuuck off !!!... to which my reply is..you would have been told to piiss off and dont come back..

I like the scaffold terminology part, i hope they tell them what a mandy dingle and a barney rubble are

and also teach them how to oil fittings as it is a very complex system and how to paint tube, if it weren't for courses like this we would have lampposts and drainpipes with their ends painted up &
truck wheels with oil on there wheel nuts

more money for THE NASC AND A LOT MORE LABOURERS TELLING.YOU HOW TO DO YOUR JOB COS THEY VE BEEN ON A ******* ONE DAY COURSE.AND EXPECT PLENTY OF"IM NOT DOING THAT THEY DID 'NT TEACH US THAT ON THE COURSE".........when will it end

Quite agree there den. It never fails to amaze me the number of companies that have people pricing or running jobs who have no idea of how to actually do the job.

commonplace nowadays,think the number of firms owned and ran by experienced scaffolders are in the minority.

Top Bottom