CSCS Labourer changes

Dandaps

Reaction score
Just had this emailed over to me.

PRESS RELEASE: IMPORTANT CISRS CARD CHANGES:
CHANGE IS ON THE CARDS!

CISRS has introduced a mandatory New Entrant Trainee and Scaffolding Labourer course into the scheme.
The new must-have CISRS training makes it a requirement for any new entrant Scaffolding Trainee or Scaffolding Labourer to complete a CISRS one-day course before a card will be issued. This will go live from September 1st 2013.
The new training courses will be carried out at CISRS-approved centres across the UK. Alternatively, the courses can be run ‘in-house’ by a suitably qualified member of staff – assuming the facilities exist to carry out the training. Any scaffolding company wishing to do ‘in-house’ training will be required to make an application to CISRS to deliver this course, and will have their eligibility assessed before being allowed to conduct the courses.
To accompany the new courses, a training and assessment package will be available for applicants – including a Power Point presentation, Manual handling DVD, a bank of test questions, practical exercises, certificates and other material to assist with the training course.
The CISRS New Entrant Labourer course will include:
• Relevant Regulations and Codes of Practice
• General Responsibilities
• Basic Scaffold Terminology (Components & Application)
• Servicing of Equipment, Tube, Fittings etc.
• Boards & Stock - Quality Control
• Health, Welfare, Hygiene & Housekeeping
• Electrical Safety
• Fire Prevention & Control
• Noise & Vibration
• Work at Height
• Accident Prevention & Reporting
• Personal Protective Equipment
• Site Transport Safety (Including Loading & Unloading)
• Equipment & Tools
• Manual Handling (Including a practical element)
• Lifting Equipment Using a Rope & Wheel
• Questions/Test Paper
Operatives wishing to apply for the New Entrant Trainee/Scaffolding Labourer card must also pass a CITB – Construction Skills Health, Safety and Environment Test (or possess a recognised exemption). Applicants should apply for their card within two years of the test date or they will have to complete another test.
CISRS scaffolding labourers will be required to repeat this course on a five yearly cycle – as refresher training prior to renewing their card. Existing CISRS Scaffolding Labourer cardholders will be required to complete the course upon expiry of their current card and prior to a new card being issued as part of a new ‘CISRS Scaffolding Labourer Refresher Training’ scheme.
CISRS Training Manager, David Mosley said: “These new compulsory courses are a very welcome addition to the CISRS Scheme – teaching all new entrants and labourers the basics of the industry and how to keep safe when working with scaffolding and access solutions, whilst also making sure existing operatives are up to date. And prioritising safe practices at work can only be a positive move. This also helps the scaffolding sector meet the UKCG requirement that every operative must have received some formal training before being allowed onto their sites.”
Further information on the new courses will be available in the coming weeks at the CISRS website – CISRS. And for further details about the new CISRS cards, information and dates on courses available or to find out about CISRS, please visit CISRS or email enquiries@cisrs.org.uk.

Seen it mate. Looks more like the course for the yard foreman.

I wonder how many firms put yard lads through the yard and course, not as many as labourers will go through I bet!

Although looks like you won't have to give manual handling training!

pay for lads to go on this then 5 mins later decide they don't want do scaffolding anymore???

the industrial cisrs course is just on the horizon 2 years away your gana need this to work on a power plant thats without the other tickets you need to get on these sights the futures looking bright

More Fekking Money Out Our Pockets, To Pay For What? The Privelege Of Doing Our Job For Christ Sake Just How Much Money Do Cisrs Want To Squeeze Out Of Us.

How much training do you need to pick something up and carry it , ridicules

Based on most of the Labourers around these days I'd say an awefull lot!!But yet again another money maker for those leeches from so called training centers.What next wheelbarrow licenses,proper use of a spade,how to put a pair of gloves on,how to walk on two legs?The list is endless,might start me own training center,be a millionaire in no time at all!!

Last edited:
How Much Have I Got Swifty? Not Enough Mate, Thats For Sure

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Cisrs Seem To Think Its A Bottomless Pit.

And they wonder why scaffolding is becoming a dying trade.. i was taught old school, these old boys that started the game would be turning in their graves

How can they fit all that into one day when they drag the other courses out for a fortnight?

If its anything like ncc midlands, the instructors stop for a fag break every 20 mins...:amazed::laugh:..

Top Bottom