capes

thanks jb inver G is a hard hole you know whats in front of you its hard toil at a fast rate ive been there done it but i never signed up to capes induction when i did it so i wasnt going to get hung out to dry but alass thats what will happen to any long termer who has a wee incident or if he decides to speack up as the britscaff said they will get the bullet

i used to work for McDonald group and know they have/had work there , i hope cape is not takin their work

hi pikey i was there .the job was a bag of nails lol rusty ones at that considering the rig was 2 ft under water i was on nights and basically all we did was nail ply down minds you lol yea can nail a lot of ply down in a 12 hr shift not a good job but we live and learn by the way ther was some good men up there that got bagged o and if any one from that job knows how bill from montrose is the guy was taken ill lett me no cheers all the best

A LOT OF GOOD GUYS,THEY WERENT THE SAME GOOD GUYS THAT DIDNT BACK UP THE SAME SAID MEN WHO WENT INTO THE ABERDEEN OFFICE AND GOT THE BULLET FOR TRYING TO COMPLY WITH THE CAPES POLICIES AND PROCEDURES.THE SITE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SHUT WHEN WORD GOT OUT ABOUT THE WAY THE LADS WERE TREATED,BUT NO THEY CARRIED ON REGARDLESS HANG YER HEADS IN SHAME ALL INVOLVED :sad2:

Surely the guys that got sent down the road or at least some of them had union recognition . The union reps love safety concerns and quite right to , so whats the score why are they getting shafted ?

Just herd from the 12 lads that went up there and were promised 400 brick a shift.No where near that £16 a hour they had serious safety concerns over the job and had issues with chargehand so the safety team up there consisting of 10 burley scotts with baseballbats and lumps of wood threatened them with leg breaking incentives to get there arsses back on the job and get it down. Needless to say they are all back home now legs are still in one piece but all been suspended for leaving the job without permission.So if anyone has a job offer up there good luck.

mafia tatics what ever next you sure thats capes lmfao!!!

Shifty---an I to understand that SCAFFOLDERS are taking bully boy tacktics---WTF is going on up there ???.

Just herd from the 12 lads that went up there and were promised 400 brick a shift.No where near that £16 a hour they had serious safety concerns over the job and had issues with chargehand so the safety team up there consisting of 10 burley scotts with baseballbats and lumps of wood threatened them with leg breaking incentives to get there arsses back on the job and get it down. Needless to say they are all back home now legs are still in one piece but all been suspended for leaving the job without permission.So if anyone has a job offer up there good luck.

What happened to.."there is no job too important, that it cannot be done SAFELY" and the bully boy tactics too,unbelievable!!. This is totally not right,were the guys suspended on pay??. Think the HS&E and the unions are due a phone call on these issues. Capes have got a lot to answer for, by the sound of it.....RSholes!!.

Not being funny, but how exactly are you gonna make a Scaffolder do something he dont wanna do???
How can you make anyone, do something they dont wanna do nowadays?

I suppose that a Baseball Bat in the legs does hurt, sure... but so does a Spanner smashed onto the bridge of your nose, also. ;)

heard the guys who went up thought it was £400 a day apperance money

Nobody gets £400 a day appearance money.:idea:

another 16 men went up today from central scotland asked to do a decent days work and £600 if they work christmas eve

i would put money on this thread that its been chinese whispers!!! jesus you cant fart on most capes jobs without a method statement or risk assesment let alone the supervisors comeing round with bulley boy tatics!!!! on our cape curcuit you would tell the supervisors to fook off and paye the hours if you wanted progress not that you needed too as it would of been sorted!!! think there must be some porkeys comeing through the forum air waves lol!!!

DICO the job was underpriced by some wee cant that dont know the way of a yard were the job has to get done with a date for sailing,the local boys know how to get them in and out and make money but cape brought in guys used to the blue book and it dont workout sometimes no dissrespect meant.
CAPE are at fault for taking boys in foer a CAPE in duction and trying to ram down their throats SAFETY.
i would also like to say that anybody going up after what was said in posts dating back to november deserve everything nthey deserve as men got the sack for highlightening the safety issues you are all bleating on about now ;)

In times of desperation it seems that Scaffolders do NOT stick together...
Its every man for himself, as selfish as it sounds.

The last few years ive been grassed up by people who i thought were friends - they have actually tried to get me sacked... for what? all im guilty of is coming in and doing me work as best as i can..., all down to them being scarred of losing their own jobs. So they will do anything to sort themselves out, and f.uck everyone else.

Its not right, nor fair. But i guess thats how everyone is atm, Scaffolder or even down to a Traffic Warden. - Everyone is out for Number 1.

If things were as they should be, there would be hundreds of Scaffolders posting numbers and details of the jobs they know are coming up, but they wont, through fear of losing out to others.
Life is this present climate is shiit. Its not gonna get much better, until we ALL STAND TOGETHER.

Anyone seen Gangs of New York? Great film i know... i love Leo Di Caprio, hes maybe my favourite Actor.

Anyway, theres a quote in that film.
Goes something like this: "You take EVERY Irishman in New York, you aint got a gang, you got an Army". ---> The same is with us Scaffolders.

Imagine the power WE could command?
We have the ability to 'in theory' stop the entire Construction Industry dead, as every trade needs Scaffolders to be able to work, all thanks to Health and Safety.

If we was all to join the SCCR and put some faith in RagScaff and Andyf8686 who put in endless hours of time and effort into trying to change the views that the NASC and HSE have of us Scaffolders... They think we are scum, that we are nothing but dumb brutes.
I say, f.uck them!!! - Scaffolders (the decent ones anyway) are smart and have alot of common sense and without us lowly Scaffolders - there is NO Construction Industry.

Anyway, ive been up for nearly 24 hours... ive been drinking for about 12 and in piss as a fart! :D

But, its times like this, when i speak from the heart and if, just if we was to work as a team, as a unit. Our wages, our respect and our overall view to everyone else would rise and we wouldn't half be a force to be reckoned with.

The Train Drivers going on strike cause problems?
Imagine over 25,000 Scaffolder all downing tools??? - This country would be at a standstill and we would finally have the power and say, into how we are treated and how we are made to work.

Fellas? We WOULD be unstoppable. :)

Think about it.
Im a prick, im a c.unt... but sometimes i DO talk some sense. :)

Top Bottom