Basing out and putting in the Beamwork for the start of a 140ft high Tube and Fitting

How is Eesex me??? Im me - nobody else.

I did NOT put these videos on here. I simply make them. Hotspanner knows why because i told the man via PM. If people dont like my videos or opinions then dont watch them and add me to your ignore list.

Job done.

If anyone has a problem with me trying to try something different - THEN GO AND DO ONE.
I care not. :)

My mate, who im working with was telling about 30ft 'Fish' Beams he used on a Rack once... they are the same kind of size as a Unit Beam and not 10ft or 13ft long but 30ft??!? - I mean come on!!! They sure?? Lol.

SGB used to have 2 fish belly beams one at 22ft the other at 35ft they all ended up in the top of the tube racks when they were withdrawn from use.

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

check fittings...? , plan brace.?, lacing tubes.???

Mick how did you miss the upside beams???

An update for the thread:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6lsIMYgl8o&context=C4f56b06ADvjVQa1PpcFPgtxXNuLr95Oe2t5z4Q8aDkhoIEpB-PV8="]Mansells - York Way, Kings Cross, London, UK. (2012 - Gate 24A) - Pt2.[/ame]

The finished article... now to build the Staircase.

Nice one Jason, your arms must be bust with all those doubles though. You really are a prime candidate for an IW.

Either way looks good.

Tell me about it mate... about 300 Doubles or so per lift! Nearly 120 just in the Ledgers alone.
Only about 14 lifts on this one, lol.

The worse one will be the 26 odd floor one, we'll be starting in about a week.

Only 2 handed today - Me and a Part 1 bloke: Put in the first Stringers, Treads, cut the spare out the way... capped, nippled, taped... fully Handrailed, 2nd Lift in, Braced and got it all buttoned up for the next part of the Lift.

Getting there slowly.

I hate these slow progressing jobs, it kinda takes the heart out of me when you have put a good shift in but your hardly off the deck.

Is there an operational reason for just 2 handed or would too many cooks just spoil the broth on the base out?

SGB used to have 2 fish belly beams one at 22ft the other at 35ft they all ended up in the top of the tube racks when they were withdrawn from use.

---------- Post added at 08:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Mick how did you miss the upside beams???
Well spotted Alan, i didn't, i was more concerned about the lack of bracing in the beam section

A few more hands would help... but its getting decent blokes - its not that easy, lol.

The biggest problem is the sheer amount in the job... 17ft x 14ft and 9ft high per lift, but in that is: 42 Standards + Ledgers/Transoms, 2 parts to the Lift (one at 2.2m and another at 600mm), lots of Braces and one entire Lift Plan Braced + Ties and nigh on 300 Doubles.

Plus Boards, Stairtreads, and so on.

ALOT of gear, lol.

Looked like a fair bit of bracing to me, and are the designers not trying to use as little gear as possible on their jobs now?

A few more hands would help... but its getting decent blokes - its not that easy, lol.

The biggest problem is the sheer amount in the job... 17ft x 14ft and 9ft high per lift, but in that is: 42 Standards + Ledgers/Transoms, 2 parts to the Lift (one at 2.2m and another at 600mm), lots of Braces and one entire Lift Plan Braced + Ties and nigh on 300 Doubles.

ALOT of gear, lol.

Agreed, it looks like a wrist breaker to me and getting descent blokes is tough, I have given up and now just do whatever it is we can do with the men I have but FFS even my team would have a fekin fit if I gave them that to do 2 handed.

I would have wanted it finished by Friday though.:embarrest:

Friday?

Thats a 2 day job, all up and snagged too. :D
When i was on the tools... lol.

Top Bottom