Basing out and putting in the Beamwork for the start of a 140ft high Tube and Fitting

Nice one Jay, get your ugly mug on the next recording so we can all see the man behind the camera LOL

check fittings...? , plan brace.?, lacing tubes.???
Give us a chance Mick mate, lol.

On dinner break now before any of you ask. :D
The first set of Stringers are in, Plan Braces, Knee Bracing and Cross Bracing is in... Top Stringers are also in now we're about to run another full ser of Unit Beams in and repeat the process.
Only about 500 Doubles per set of Beams! Lol.

Doubt it will be finished today...
Ill get a better picture start pf next week with my in my Man-kini!

think with that amount of DCs you really need to invest in a IW - makes easy work

Drills are for old men and lady-boys!
I wear make up and have a man-bag... im a real mans man!!! :D

To be honest, i cant see myself using a Drill for work. Not that think im something special or old school, because im not - definitely not... i like to embrace the new, but i cant see myself parting with 'old trusty' - seven years and its neither stretched nor let me down, lol.

hi jason tidy job when you join beams together the v is supposed to point to the sky something to do with loadings in the join and it will be on the drawing so any faliure on that scaffold it could get pointed out, i have been asked to change beams about before because it was pick out after inspection by safety and access we done a double double.

I prefer to do that, but im not the Chargehand on that job... not that it makes much difference - we're limited to where the flanges meet on the beams.

Its double Beamed anyway, so the weight it can take is huge - all Braces all off Doubles also.

Meant to take the weight of 250 people at any one time, but theres no way that 250 people will be on that part of the job at the same time.
We buttoned up first set of Beams today and started on the second set of Beams this after noon. I HATE Unit Beams as it is - had about 1000 to put in @ Farringdon (as a few here will confirm - Essex, Mighty Mouse and others) and i thought id had my quota of them for the next few years, lol.

Heavy as f.uck and they always have to be bashed together to fit, lol.

Me? Id use Haki Beams as they are strong, small (so more can be used) and they are LIGHT! making them easy to use.
Light is good, as at 5ft 6 inches, im not exactly a hulking lump!! :D

Jason, who's done the design for this pal. Had a designer up here do a roof for me and reckons he's involved with some sort of mobile hanger on the inside of the station that is set up to follow the shape of the roof. Make any sense to you?

Not sure mate.
This is only a Staircase.

We're doing the 140ft one atm... the big one (maybe the biggest in the world?) - @ 260ft is gonna start in about a week.
Same site, just the other side of the one on the video. :)

hi jason tidy job when you join beams together the v is supposed to point to the sky something to do with loadings in the join and it will be on the drawing so any faliure on that scaffold it could get pointed out, i have been asked to change beams about before because it was pick out after inspection by safety and access we done a double double.

It is all down to compression and tension, a good example is a 750 Layher beam has around 30% less loading capacity if installed upside down.

i hate unit beams too they are far to heavy, respect to brothers who have used these as when three or four in a line, saying that i came across ladder beams 21ft long last month so i had a press and struggled to lock out two reps.

My mate, who im working with was telling about 30ft 'Fish' Beams he used on a Rack once... they are the same kind of size as a Unit Beam and not 10ft or 13ft long but 30ft??!? - I mean come on!!! They sure?? Lol.

Top Bottom