any advice on hangers offshore

Both are pretty simple to use. I always find the system only guys are very defensive about system though. Majority of t&f guys just say system is ***** but crack on with it anyway.
Hope this offshore lad gets some benefit from the step by step guide I posted.
I wonder if you can sue a website if you suffer a RSI due to typing? I am suffering from dorsiflexion I think.

Why Are We Getting Into This Im A Tube And Fitting Scaffolder P**h Again, Its Like Goddam Groundhog Day.

Both are pretty simple to use. I always find the system only guys are very defensive about system though. Majority of t&f guys just say system is ***** but crack on with it anyway.
Hope this offshore lad gets some benefit from the step by step guide I posted.
I wonder if you can sue a website if you suffer a RSI due to typing? I am suffering from dorsiflexion I think.

too long for me to read, but I think thats great you took the time to explain the hanger for him.. nice one matey..

i just started working offshore, i have only used kwik stage, cup-lok, layher , basically all system scaffolding, i have very little expirience on tube and fitting.

i want to get some booklets - info on how to properly construct hangers/overside droppers, truss outs etc etc offshore.

tube and fitting totally different to system so i need to gain knowledge and expirience now as i have just started working offshore and do not want to f*** anything up.

cheers in advance.

how the fook did you get a job off shore when you cant spin a spanner? you must be sucking some cock... very goood!
booklets lol.. what kinda fecker r ya..

brilliant john:D , would the c.unt be that stupid,

can see this guys point , he could be part 2 with no hanger/cant drop experience , BUT , if you can build a trussout , it should be easy to understand where the points that are taking the weight of the scaffold are , and a cant drop/hanger should be easy , it really isnt so difficult , the only question is wether the person bricks it or not , ive seen and heard of guys panicking , one could not move and was frozen still.

300ft above concrete with no reel , a ****** harness, thats where i learned.

as far as system goes , its funny hearing people make it sound complicated

system isn't difficult ( if you know your ) love to see some of you work in a refinery with it though...lol... not that simple mate, never seen anyone freeze on a hanger.. bit of macho bollox that hey..lol

brilliant john:D , would the c.unt be that stupid,

can see this guys point , he could be part 2 with no hanger/cant drop experience , BUT , if you can build a trussout , it should be easy to understand where the points that are taking the weight of the scaffold are , and a cant drop/hanger should be easy , it really isnt so difficult , the only question is wether the person bricks it or not , ive seen and heard of guys panicking , one could not move and was frozen still.

300ft above concrete with no reel , a ****** harness, thats where i learned.

as far as system goes , its funny hearing people make it sound complicated

Dont forget he could be an advanced scaffolder who has only done one hanger. The one on his course off the steel dropping the trapeze. Maybe the guy wants advice on underdeck hangers.

fair point HSWT, but he says he has very lttle experience of tube n fitting , which insinuates he might not even have p1 and p2 , whatever the case it makes a mockery of our trade , if we can even call it that , theres guys out there who cant get jobs and people are in jobs who clearly shouldnt be , You know yourself Holland is a bit of a joke that way , i worked on one petro-chem where a company took my VCA to stamp it the way they do , then i flicked through it and suddenly found a page where it said i was a PART 2 SCAFF, and had somebodys reg number , whether it was real or not i dunno , fair play to the guy for asking but , he's looking silly , why doesnt he just follow,listen to the people who hes working with , or maybe hes the gaffer , which would be scary.

fair point HSWT, but he says he has very lttle experience of tube n fitting , which insinuates he might not even have p1 and p2 , whatever the case it makes a mockery of our trade , if we can even call it that , theres guys out there who cant get jobs and people are in jobs who clearly shouldnt be , You know yourself Holland is a bit of a joke that way , i worked on one petro-chem where a company took my VCA to stamp it the way they do , then i flicked through it and suddenly found a page where it said i was a PART 2 SCAFF, and had somebodys reg number , whether it was real or not i dunno , fair play to the guy for asking but , he's looking silly , why doesnt he just follow,listen to the people who hes working with , or maybe hes the gaffer , which would be scary.

He says earlier that he has done parts 1 and 2, done the 2 day assessment and got a CISRS card. He only wants some advice on hangers. i regularly see offshore jobs advertised on here and elsewhere asking for part 2s.
Holland has a its own scaffold training system with steigerbouwer a and b id if remember correctly.
You must mean the passbook that had your petrochem stamps in it. of course these can be fixed as could the VCA just like you could buy a CISRS qualification in a car park in UK.
Didnt you work offshore before?
I know for a fact theres loads of part 2s offshore these days and I bet a few part 1s.

i have been working with system , read the post !!! ive used tube and fitting on my part 1 -2 and 2 day assesment but that is all, truss out, roof saddle , independant etc etc...no hangers !! you dont do hangers untill ur advanced if your a scaff you will know that wont you, seems a few on here are jealous because im getting offshore lol ive got my pt 1-2-and assesment plus my cicsr card .

have done one dropper offshore and i need more expirience.

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

i got my pt 1-2 and 2 day assesment plus cicrs scaff card. as you are a scaffolder then you will know you dont do droppers untill your advanced . on our pt 1-2 and assessment we done truss outs, roof saddle etc but no hangers.

need expirience, ive only done 1 hanger offshore and want to get to know more on how to do them, everything else is ok as t+f is concerned but i want to be 100%

most scaffolders will quite happy to show you dertboll exspecially if your keen. scaffoldings is exsperience all the way. i have no problem with you dertboll. but this cisrs part 1 and part 2 needs to be addressed why the hell do they give out cisrs tickets when the courses are far too short especially when theve made every ecitb scaffolder with exsperience go back to school. like ive said before on previous threads the cisrs trainning is for the street scaffolder not the industrial sector.

The best bit of advise i would give anyone erecting hangers is make up your own droppers.
If you are really concerned you could always grab the radio.
You could also fain injury bad back is always worth a try,another probably the best i heard was shine splints.apparently standing on a butt for any length of time brings on the worst pain ever felt by any man alive.
If none of the excuses take your fancy just be open and keen to learn;)

Nobody know's how to do anything until someone shows them, simple. Get on the rig, explain to the gaffer you are keen to learn but lack the experience and he will set you up with a good squad. All the rest is BS.

Nobody know's how to do anything until someone shows them, simple. Get on the rig, explain to the gaffer you are keen to learn but lack the experience and he will set you up with a good squad. All the rest is BS.

Exactly... good advice mate, if their decent lads they will help you, if their ******* they won't, just don't try blaggin it...

Exactly... good advice mate, if their decent lads they will help you, if their ******* they won't, just don't try blaggin it...

Still remember my first trip and that is exactly how I handled it. Still good mates with the gaffer today.

Still remember my first trip and that is exactly how I handled it. Still good mates with the gaffer today.

best to be honest, most people actually like to pass their knowledge on... certain groups of people who are scared for their jobs however are total nobs, who will try making you look a **** ... shouldn't need to say which area of the UK their from... anyone who worked offshore will know..lol

best to be honest, most people actually like to pass their knowledge on... certain groups of people who are scared for their jobs however are total nobs, who will try making you look a **** ... shouldn't need to say which area of the UK their from... anyone who worked offshore will know..lol

boro ?

Top Bottom