amount of scaffold done

Fair enough but they are fast and I can now feel my forearms and wrists for the first time in years.

Every day is different in my world, no real targets other than we go home when the job is built or the mud flaps on the truck are hitting the deck.

i think them drill guns are ****.... much rather a good spanner any day.

you prob only think that cos u aint got one lolol:D

hey alistair think we gettin too old for spanners now anyway my friend lolo

Last edited:
avrage amount you can a erected in a day and b stripped in a day and how many in the gang

How long is a piece of string...??? :confused:

Theres almost endless variables to account for when erecting/striking a Scaffold to consider to give a precise time frame.

• How close can you get your Lorry/equipment to where your working?
  • Is the Lorry/equipment going to be correct and on time?
  • What is the weather going to be like?
  • Type of work being done?
  • Shape of the building/Scaffold?
  • Scaffolders - are they motivated or not?
  • Site Agent - is he a kn.ob who wont let the Scaffolders get on with their work?
  • HSE rules on the job - are they over-the-top or slack and easy?
  • What kind of Boss are you working for?
  • What state are the fittings in?
  • Permits and keys needed for certain jobs, which can take time to obtain?

Blah, blah, blah...

They used to say that a 'good' 2-handed gang could erect 15 square a day, but then again ive worked 'good' Scaffolders who have been looked after and given nice easy straight lumps, with Lorries at their feet at 7:30 in the morning who can barely base out a 8ft Tower.

we was use them guns 10 yrs ago didnt rate em much gota keep chargein them up cost quite few quid, thir very noisy on private jobs. all the old scaffs i know dont use em, spos thir good for site work house bashin etc probly make day bit more interesting. i dont av em on any of my jobs. sorry m8 not for me.... (YET) :)

Also fair enough but I would suggest that all these types of tools are unrecognisable from 10 tears of development. They are not for all but at least you have tried them.

Used them around yr 2000 might av been another make to hilti my mate had a few.

thir not bad on a big strike. thir quite bulky to carry around all time gota av 2 battarys. if they bring out a smaller stronger drill and not as noisy in futre i might use them in yrs to come :)

"im not using a level with a magnet" springs to mind
i'm fortunate not to be on the joanna's at the minute, but i think i would give the IW a go if i was because my wrists are killing me now never mind grafting:D

And you would be right to Jakdan, not half the strain on the body and still leaving the young guns for dead.;)

"im not using a level with a magnet" springs to mind
i'm fortunate not to be on the joanna's at the minute, but i think i would give the IW a go if i was because my wrists are killing me now never mind grafting:D

have levels got magnet in now then :amazed:... what a shiiit idea bet thay cost loads, that idea will never take off :rolleyes:

has any one use this drill Makita TW 100DWE 10.8v Li-ion Impact Wrench 2 x 1.3ah or is it a load of .... could do with some advise on prices and exact type and types of batterys cheers lads

its the impact drill u need mate not a impact driver as you'll be forever changing the bit on the end and it make it really long

try this link but dont forget you still need a battery,charger,socket,lanyard

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

so although this unit seems cheap a full kit which incldes the lot costs around £300
ope it helps ya

To all those that say "F**k that ill use a spanner"--well crack on.
untill you have used a impact tool for the day then its silly to dismiss.
I'd bet that years ago a chippy walked on site with his new cordless screwdriver and some t,wat said something stupid like "Fcuk that ill use a srewdriver"
Think about it, every profession must move forward including us !

Top Bottom