Algeria... The lies end HERE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What you guys should do is send copies of all your expense receipts etc together with a covering letter to the CEO of Cape PLC explaining the whole situation and what has happened.
You will at least get a reply, hopefully your expenses reimbursed and maybe they will hold an internal inquiry into what went on.

Just a thought,but do any of you think that somebody got cold feet at the thought of their job with good and any bad points being posted on here for all to see??:wondering:

hi jason

Sorry to hear about you and the other 5 guy's getting f.u.c.k.e.d about it stinks. I'm sure all the guy's will get work there's plenty out there and overseas, if you look in the right places.

Don't let this s.h.i.t experience put you off applying for other opportunities as there are plenty of good firms out there, take it on the chin mate and move on. life can be a bitch sometimes but it's than being dead.:D

Generally the CEO will get one of his minions to reply. He however has a responsibility to the shareholders which includes avoiding bad publicity or dealing with behaviour likely to bring the company into disrepute.
If the lads dont get a reply then dont get disheartened keep sending the letters in until they do reply. The lads should at least have any expenses returned.

Just a thought,but do any of you think that somebody got cold feet at the thought of their job with good and any bad points being posted on here for all to see??:wondering:

More than likely someone said "The cost of getting these Brits over here and paying them 1200 quid a week will affect our bottom line. Whos stupid idea was that when we have an international recruiting and training department who can get TCNs for a fraction of the cost?"

Sorry to hear all that has gone on boy's, as many have said hopefully all able to move onwards and upwards very soon.

I know there are bigger concerns here but I find it even more disappointing it was a fellow Jock that let you down.

Chin up lads, there will be better offers around the corner.

Sorry about your bad news lads but as the song goes

Things can only get better, and im sure they will good luck to you all for the future

i was referring to myself , asked to do a trade test , told i/we were ok, then suddenly not good enough , even though id worked offshore with sgb/harsco before

Who did you do the test for? What reason did they give you that you were not good enough, after them telling you that you were.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Generally the CEO will get one of his minions to reply. He however has a responsibility to the shareholders which includes avoiding bad publicity or dealing with behaviour likely to bring the company into disrepute.
If the lads dont get a reply then dont get disheartened keep sending the letters in until they do reply. The lads should at least have any expenses returned.

Bring the company into disrepute, were talking about a few scaffs not a few hundred, cape can easily deny the whole situation, saying they don’t know the fella in question that was hiring ,any hiring cape do is published on their web site, not on a forum that they have probably never heard of..

The lads are wasting there time.

Yes they could deny it. They could just as easily send a cheque to cover the lads expenses.
Just trying to put a positive look it the whole sorry saga.
I know better than most that Cape only like yes men who sing the Cape song and dance the Cape jig.
A letter to claim back expenses incurred can be done in a few minutes and I dont know the cost of a stamp in UK but cant be too much these days
Nothing ventured nothing gained in my humble opinion.

hey jase sorry to hear this and just goes to show there are still a few ******* in the game some thing happened to me i was ment to be going to norway about 5yrs ago and even jacked my job in on alltask where i was on 170 a day went to the airport for my flight to be told my tickets had been cancelled and wen i fineally got hold of the bloke who had sent me all the info flight numbers included all he said was sorry so its best to kock it dwn to expirience and if canada works out ill see if theres any thing for urself and the lads on here

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 PM ----------

i think HSWT has a point but i would send an email as then theres a paper trail so to speak and they wont be able to deny recieving or opening it as im sure its traceible

Who did you do the test for? What reason did they give you that you were not good enough, after them telling you that you were.

---------- Post added at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Bring the company into disrepute, were talking about a few scaffs not a few hundred, cape can easily deny the whole situation, saying they don’t know the fella in question that was hiring ,any hiring cape do is published on their web site, not on a forum that they have probably never heard of..

The lads are wasting there time.

Cape also use jobsites such as seek.com. Their HR people will use any medium.

Cape also use jobsites such as seek.com. Their HR people will use any medium.

You know as well as I know that no money will be reimbursed, Big company’s such as cape tender for projects and loses them afterwards for various reasons. The client has run short of cash, or waiting on investors to release cash etc. etc.

Big jobs come big jobs go, you can talk here all day and the lads will get sweet fanny all, only a bigger headache than what they already have.
I know your interests are in the best place but they are wasting their time.

I Have To Agree With Jonny, Cape Are A Multinational And The Expenses Incurd Dont Matter To Them, If You Dont Like It Too Bad Will Be There Attitude, They Will Always Find Someone Else To Work For Them.

Craig/Scotontour knows my feelings on the matter now anyway... he got a rather blunt and sarcastic email this morning.

Everyone here, beware... take everything this guy says with a pinch of salt.
It might be you, next time whos getting taken for a mug, all the while faithfully believing that the job and offer was an honest and sincere one.

They'll be other jobs arise, and in a good way i know now to never jump in with both feet, and expect to be treated honestly by those advertising the job - ill take it with a pinch of salt myself, until i actually get the plane ticket in my hand.

Next time, ill have an 'exit strategy' as Garry calls it. :)

Still worth sending a letter or email.
If you do nothing you will certainly get nothing. If you do something and get nothing at least you have tried.If people are prepared to just accept things then nothing will change.
Even if it made them send out a Cape Alert to all staff telling them to let HR recruit people then something will have been achieved albeit a small thing.
That is how Unions started because some working men had the balls to try and change things.

If we were good at accepting things we would all be speaking German today.

Send the letter, email or pigeon, worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom