1 single on ledger

Have always double clipped with the nut on the inside of the ledger where possible, means each side of the tranny has a cover over it left and right and the fitting is pulling down onto the ledger, not trying to rise.

Might be spouting Sh1te, however, works for me, plus those new flat singles are pish, wont grip a board and sometimes will not even bet a Bight on those new Tubing from the Far East.:eek:

Have always double clipped with the nut on the inside of the ledger where possible, means each side of the tranny has a cover over it left and right and the fitting is pulling down onto the ledger, not trying to rise.

Might be spouting Sh1te, however, works for me, plus those new flat singles are pish, wont grip a board and sometimes will not even bet a Bight on those new Tubing from the Far East.:eek:

They have their uses - the flat singles.
Nice to get a little pinch off a flat bit of steel or concrete. ;)

Or for adaptions, fit in nice and easy.;)

when u lot say flat single do yas mean the tounge bit of the single is missing? or the back of the is flat. i was always under the impresion a flat singel was flat and just and so wrapped the tueb(no tounge) but here were am at atm a flat singel is a flat backed singel make sence

Flat backed, slides in and out of position on it's side no problem.

Tell em not to make a fekin habbit of it, how else are we meant to look as good?:D

Good for underdeck shoring to joists, nipping Steelwork, kicking off jobs, temp Ties etc sh1te for fixing transoms to Ledgers.:eek:

i dont worrie the boys on the forum are a1 (now now its not a truck stop with blow jobs for a tenner) learnt more of u lot than ever would here lol althow they did learn me tapes are for loosers who like looking impotant lol

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Good for underdeck shoring to joists, nipping Steelwork, kicking off jobs, temp Ties etc sh1te for fixing transoms to Ledgers.:eek:

thats what i lik about scaff nothign is ever use for its intended purpose :D

Your welcome sir. :)
I tip my hat to your quest for knowledge.

Even the best and most experienced Scaffolders are still learning everyday.

i don't think the "tongue but is missing " they are manufactured that way .....

when i was on sussex scaffolding ( micky jones ) if you found one he used to stash them away after stroking his hand with it ( i know weird but ) those were used for the pinch ties in the windows the singles with lips used to smash the plaster .....

they had a slip value of nearly 0 kn which i think alan reade will confirm is better than a hilti not

maybe but there is still a role for them to play despite what others say.

I always try to keep a few to one side for pinches and to help set a job out and stuff.
Handy little fittings... not as good as normal clips, but nearly as and they have other uses. ;)

Like the DH's... - Now thats a fitting... LOVE them, lol.

Singles are rated at pretty much zero...could someone post a pic of the particular single being discussed please.

I tried to... i cant find one on goooooooooooooooooogle anywhere.
Basically the same as a Single Coupler, but its got a flat section on the lip, instead of a bevel edge, like the usual ones.

You need to plug in your charger scaffy...;)

Thanks for pic, appreciated.

Top Bottom